Introduction

Options
hotmomma0612
hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
Hey there preggers :bigsmile:

I'm Rachel. I have a 3-month-old son named Felix and am pregnant (yes, already) again! :smile: My due date is May 22nd 2014 and I am looking for other mommas due around the same time.

Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Let's get healthy for ourselves and the little jellybeans! :heart:

Replies

• BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am expecting May 2014 and this will be our first. I'm an older and wiser mom-to-be at 35 years old. I am also not afraid to say that I have NO idea what I am getting myself into. :) Feel free to add me!
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! This is our second baby. It is coming as a nice surprise. I was 34 when I finally got pregnant the first time. We had spent 3 months going to adoption classes and had just gotten our house approved when we found out we were expecting. We Started trying again last year for another, I decided after not being able to get pregnant after a year that I would just focus on getting myself healthy and enjoying my little family. At 37 and working full time I am worried about keeping up with two kiddo's, so I want to stay more active and healthy with this one.
    My first pregnancy I read a lot of blogs and forums, but never posted because I thought I had nothing to share. I am happy to be going thru this with you ladies!

Feel free to add me:smile:
  • Lmsvelling
    Lmsvelling Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Leanne and I'm pregnant with #2 and due may 25th! It's nice to meet you all and hopefully we can be a positive support system for each other :) how is everyone feeling today?
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm pregnant with my first and I am due May 9th! This was quite a surprise for my husband and I as every doctor I have ever been to told me I would need help getting pregnant...yeah that wasn't true lol. We are so excited! I'm 24 so on the younger side and any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated! :)
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    Not sure we need all the Chlamydia info. Any way to get that removed?
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Removed :)
  • Emma38418
    Options
    Its lovely to hear how it happened for you! My first pregnancy took us 6 months to conceive and second time round we conceived the very first month! We feel very lucky. My daughter will be 3 in January and I am looking forward to her having a brother or sister around.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Stephanie and we are expecting Baby#3 on May 5th. We have two sons - David (7 years) and Iver (5 years), and everyone is very excited for the baby.

Feel free to add me as a friend, please just include a note that you have baby due in May too.

@kenzietate - As much as you want to buy all the cute baby clothes and especially after you find the sex out - don't. You will receive so many as gifts. If you purchase clothes for those beginning months try to get gender neutral as they are in them for such a little time and it will be easier to reuse for the next pregnancy. Also instead of buying those hard to resist clothes, start stocking up on diapers and baby supplies whenever you see them on sale. My husband laughed at me last week as I can home from Toys/Babys-R-Us with a large supply of diaper cream, baby shampoo and lotion, etc. But they had a buy 3 get the 4th free sale, so why not. No one will usually get you these as a gifts and you know eventually they will get used up. Same goes with the diapers when you see a coupon or sale - take advantage of it and stock up on diapers of a variety of sizes. Also don't buy blankets. I think I ended up with close to 30 receiving blankets after my first born's shower. Which were awesome as I used them as burp rags for him and never bothered with an actually little burp rag, but it was seriously ridiculous when I look back at it.
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    Its lovely to hear how it happened for you! My first pregnancy took us 6 months to conceive and second time round we conceived the very first month! We feel very lucky. My daughter will be 3 in January and I am looking forward to her having a brother or sister around.

My son will be 3 in March. I think that's a nice age difference. Have you told her about the new arrival?
  • Emma38418
    Options
    [/quote]

My son will be 3 in March. I think that's a nice age difference. Have you told her about the new arrival?
    [/quote]

No I havent, not yet. I am waiting until my first scan so i know everything is ok. I am so excited though! My scan isnt for another 4 weeks. She knows that something is different because im not playing physically like i normally do but apart from a pregnancy test ive had nothing else yet so when ive heard its heartbeat I will tell her! She goes to daycare everyday and has done since 8 months old so i am hoping she will be good around a newborn as she is used to being around children now and as she is the eldest in the daycare there are lots of babies around. There are three and a half years between me and my brother and i like it. Have you told your son? If you have, did you do anything special as a way to tell him? x
  • Natashadb
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am about 8 weeks along! This is my 2nd pregnancy, after gaining a ton of weight with my first due to stuffing my face with whatever I could fine and not excersizing, I am so much wiser this time around and hope to have a fit and healthy pregnancy!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Stephanie and we are expecting Baby#3 on May 5th. We have two sons - David (7 years) and Iver (5 years), and everyone is very excited for the baby.

Feel free to add me as a friend, please just include a note that you have baby due in May too.

@kenzietate - As much as you want to buy all the cute baby clothes and especially after you find the sex out - don't. You will receive so many as gifts. If you purchase clothes for those beginning months try to get gender neutral as they are in them for such a little time and it will be easier to reuse for the next pregnancy. Also instead of buying those hard to resist clothes, start stocking up on diapers and baby supplies whenever you see them on sale. My husband laughed at me last week as I can home from Toys/Babys-R-Us with a large supply of diaper cream, baby shampoo and lotion, etc. But they had a buy 3 get the 4th free sale, so why not. No one will usually get you these as a gifts and you know eventually they will get used up. Same goes with the diapers when you see a coupon or sale - take advantage of it and stock up on diapers of a variety of sizes. Also don't buy blankets. I think I ended up with close to 30 receiving blankets after my first born's shower. Which were awesome as I used them as burp rags for him and never bothered with an actually little burp rag, but it was seriously ridiculous when I look back at it.

Thank you so much for the info! I will keep on the look out for sales and coupons! :)
  • Lmsvelling
    Lmsvelling Posts: 19 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking too! Totally random.
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Jules, this will be baby no.3, (although my 4th pregnancy) I am 43!!!!!!!!!!! I am just over six weeks and am completely nervous and feel like it's not going to happen, although I am very happy and excited too. I have 2 sons, 15 and 6.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals

Wanted to going this group to get support and encouragment about my upcoming due date. I"m 33 with my first and due early June. Just found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago and feeling really good. No MS but notice I'm exhausted earlier in the evening so working on getting more sleep.
    I'm trying to stay active - walking the dog, swimming few times a week, and want to stay this way through the whole pregnancy.

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow mommies
    I'm Marte, due with my 2nd mid May. I have a son who is 2. Because all of his friends are having siblings these days, he is really into babies, but we haven't told him yet:)
    We have decided to not tell anybody before 12th week, so having these pregnancy forums are great. Just to went all of those baby worries and excitements.
    My poor husband takes a lot of complains lately. I'm always tired, nauseous, acidy, or something mysterious is smelling somewhere... Waiting for my second trimester superpowers to kick in!! No more tired, old nag:)

Some support along the way is wonderful, so feel free to add me as friend!
  • BBickers0831
    BBickers0831 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hola All!

My name is Brittney I am now 30 years old and I am due with my second child on May 15th so I am now 10 weeks. I have one child already who turned 10 in September so I am really "starting over". This is my husbands first child so our whole home is extremely excited!!

My first pregnancy and life situations are so different from this one. I was a single mom for the longest time before meeting my husband. I gained 58 pounds during my first pregnancy and thought because I was young and energetic I would burn it all off! That wasn't true. I met my goal weight this summer prior to getting married and now I am expecting.

I look forward to this being a Healthier Pregnancy!!
    Feel free to add me. I look forward to giving & receiving supports when it's needed :)
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Quana and I'm 27 years old. I'm a little nervous to announce it to the world as this is my first pregnancy... but my husband and I are finally expecting in May! We have an ultrasound tomorrow to see how far along I am (silly me, I should know, but I'm so irregular). I think I'm 9 weeks. I'm a little scared because I'm starting out as obese (211 lbs at 5'6"), but I'm making significant changes.

I've been irregular pretty much since I got my period at age 14, and about a year ago my doctor told me between my insulin resistance, PCOS and hypothyroidism that I would have a hard time or wouldn't be able to have children. I know I'm going to have to treat myself well for this baby to get what it needs, and I'm willing to do that! Any advice would be helpful!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    My advice for any mom to be... get plenty of rest while you can