Replies

• labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds awful, so I expect I'll love it!
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I hope the programme makers will pay the health insurance for these women, so when they get heart problems, etc. - as they will - they will be covered. I know there are competitions where you have to eat loads in a set time... but what would be the reaction if there was a competition about how many cigarettes you could smoke in an hour, or paying people to become addicted to drugs!!! The principle is the same and should not be allowed!!
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an odd concept: I wonder what the point behind it is? Whatever, I'd not want to put any weight back on again regardless of how much money was being offered!
  • Richard2620
    Options
    Most do it because some men find them sexy ! Must say not my cup of tea , each to there owe
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    In a similar vein, Biggest Loser USA just started...

Watched it a couple of days ago and some guy lost 37lb in his first week.... :noway:
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bigger Loser USA ...it's wonderful seeing their transformation and watching them on their journey :smile:
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I agree.

Making a group of morbidly obese folk run a mile across the desert for a first challenge was a bit mean though. LOL
    I know plenty of normal weight people who can't run a full mile, never mind in the desert!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Watched it a couple of days ago and some guy lost 37lb in his first week.... :noway:

Good grief! What did he do? Chop both legs off? That's more than I lost since November last year!
  • pikle1
    pikle1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    what channel biggest loser on??thanx
  • CollieFit
    Options

Good grief! What did he do? Chop both legs off? That's more than I lost since November last year!

I know!!!! That's my whole goal weight lost in a week!!! :sad:

Fair enough this guy was well over 350 pounds but still..... I was trying to work out the maths of what kind of weekly deficit you'd have to achieve to lose 37lb.... I mean technically that's a 129,500 calorie deficit for the week or 18,500 for a DAY. I know at that weight you would burn heaps more calories than a normal person and they exercise like demons and I have no idea what they get to eat, but it still is mindboggling to me!!!
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Fat for cash - Heard stories like this before, they eat infront of webcams etc, and people pay to watch or be "squashed" (sat on) by these women. People even pay to rub their bellies. :noway: I'll see what it's like.

I haven't watched Biggest Loser USA ... But I did watch every single episode of the first series of Obese - A year to save my life, both UK and USA. The USA one everyone I seen they were expected to lose between 100-150lbs in the first three months alone. These were people who were 400-500lb mind you.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Just come home from yoga... turned on TV and ..... there was what looked like an apparently 600 pound woman in underwear 'seductively' getting off on an enormous plate of cream cake of sorts in from of some webcam.....

It's mesmerizing in a really bad way. :huh:
  • Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I missed this, probably a good thing too. What channel is the Biggest Loser on?
  • CollieFit
    Options
    I think it's on Sky Living.
  • Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Each to there own I suppose...just saying :indifferent: