Downs Syndrome

Options
MrsR0SE
MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
I just wondered if anyone else in the group has a child with Down Syndrome?

Replies

• MrsR0SE
    Options
    I guess that's a no, then!
  • watermanswife
    watermanswife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have a 3 year old with Down Syndrome. I have finally decided I have to take care of myself too!
    :smile:
  • MrsR0SE
    Options
    Hi, good to meet you! My daughter with DS is 10 now :)
    I know what you mean, we concentrate so hard on taking care of our families, especially those who need that extra bit of care and attention, and sometimes lose track of ourselves a little. Welcome to mfp :happy:
  • laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My son matthew has ds he is 8 years old .
  • dtpurvis
    dtpurvis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My son Conor is 6 and has Down syndrome. Medically things have settled down for him in the last 4 months so time to take care of Momma now!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My daughter Rachel has DS. She is two years old.
  • Danamalmom
    Options
    I have a 4 year old daughter with DS. What a wonderful journey so far!
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My daughter Lumina is three months old. She has ds and recently had surgery to correct her three heart defects. I am ready to get back to mfp. I have eliminated gluten (our whole family has since a few of my children are effected dramatically by it), and dairy and soy for my Lumina so as to hopefully avoid (or at least postpone) the thyroid and allergy problems that come with these three ingredients, especially for those with ds. Anyone else here using natural remedies and vitamins to help their child with ds? I will be ordering and using NuTriVene D to help her. Currently I give her probiotics and coconut oil daily to help her digestion and weight gain (the heart defect set her way back with her weight).