Introductions!!

Options
So, How old is everyone, How old are your kids?? Do you want more kids?? How much do you have to lose?

Replies

• tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've just joint this group. I'm 26 and I have 2 daughters a 7 year old and a 3 year old. I think maybe sometime in the future I might like another, but right now I need to concentrate on myself and my daughters. I have about a stone (14 lbs) to lose to get into the healthy range of bmi. i have been around this weight for so long, my body doesn't want to let go of it at all.

I have been doing a little cardio but mostly lifting and havent been able to control myself when it comes to food, so I'm back on MFP again to try and get a handle on it!

I'd welcome any friends request as it might help motivate me!

T
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've just joined this group and am looking for some motivation! I am 28 years old with a 13 month old daughter. I would like to have another kid, but my husband and I want to wait about another year before trying again. We both would like only 1 child in diapers at a time. I need to lose about 50 pounds to get to "normal" BMI. I have already lost 25 pounds (15 before I started MFP), but somehow excuses are coming into my life. I thought I would be more motivated for several reasons, but I seem to make excuses about being tired or just giving into to my cravings too often.

I semi-recently lost my mother (Jan 20) and I think part of my excuses is that I am kind of depressed. But when I work out I feel so much better, but the next day comes and I make excuses, but I am hoping getting more involved with MFP will help me get back on target.

I welcome any friend request as we are all in this together!!
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24. I have one son that is turning 3 soon. We'd like to have one or two more, we're not sure yet. I don't normally have a problem with my weight but Depo Provera really kicked my butt. I have about 15 lbs and 3 inches (3 on each waist, hips, and thigh) to lose to get back down to where I feel comfortable. I have a "normal" BMI but its all fat. I'd be comfortable only losing 10 of the 15 if I had some more muscle on me.
  • annalee86
    annalee86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Just joined, and so glad to find a group like this - I've been wanting to find others around my age whom I will be adding friends too so if you get a request from me, can you please accept hahah!

Everything that you ladies have been saying is totally me. I do all the same things as you guys. I have a history of being overweight and now that I've had my bubs (5 months old) I haven't been able to control my eating, despite how hard I try. I've put it down to that 1. Breast feeding needs you to feed often so you're always hungry... and 2. I think I had Post-Natal Depression. Moods fluctuate all the time and with the stresses of being a first time mum, it's so hard to manage. So I guess, the best thing for me is to start controlling the things I CAN control - such as eating and what I'm eating. Making sure I'm getting out of the house for a walk and giving my bubs a happier and more proactive mother!

I'm maybe looking at losing around 30 kilos all up, but happy for even 5 kilos or more to start off with. I know that small steps are the best way to achieve those goals, but we all know how tedious it can be!

I'm also welcoming any new friends who are often on - I find that I need encouragement all the time to keep me going!
  • laurenmax13
    Options
    hi im 21 with one baby only 12 weeks old, i managed to loose weight fast 6-8 weeks after having baby but seem to be kind of stuck with 1st 7lb still to go, any suggestions? from experience is it true that women find it easier to loose weight 6 months after birth?
    thanks and i hope your all well xxx
  • mommysaeth
    mommysaeth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Superwomen!

I'm 28, have a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl, work full time, and I am applying to grad school for masters programs in clinical psychology.

My goal is to get down to the "overweight" range of BMI so I can donate my eggs to other couples who have fertility issues. My husband and I agree that our next child is my Ph. D., and I have to get the masters first.

My stats right now are 5'6.75" and ~180 lbs. I included the 3 quarters of an inch to my height because at my employer's last health fair the nurse made a big deal about how I rounded myself down to 5'6" on the self-reported height. I'd like to get down to 170 lbs, so I have about 10lbs to go.

My weight loss journey began 3 years ago after I was in a traumatic car accident; I was about 220-225lbs at the time. I had 5 skull fractures, 4 fractured in place vertebrae, a fractured in place right scapula and clavicle, broken ribs on the right side and a fractured in place right patella. After two weeks of a medically induced coma, 2 weeks of inpatient therapies/rehabilitation, and then 5 months of at home rehabilitation and therapies, I came back to work ~30 lbs lighter and ready to keep the weight I had loss in the hospital off.

Since then I've dropped around 10-12 pounds (6 lbs after I joined MFP). I've been lurking on the boards and absorbing all that I can about nutrition, etc.

The next step in my healthy living journey is to get my family on board. My husband (god love him), lives in a seemingly perpetual state of denial/ignorance about what constitutes as healthy living/eating, etc. My two munchkins are picky, only as kids can be.

I am looking for support, suggestions, and friends. I look forward to getting to know you all better!
  • megmoore042
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Megan. I am 27, married and have a 4 y/o daughter. I have served in the military for 7 years now and have st ruggled with my weight since having my daughter. Hard times have come in the military and they are looking to boot people out. With my being overweight I need to start making some changes if I want to continue my career. I would like to lose 30lbs.

My husband and I do not want anymore kids. From here on out, we will have fur kids added to our family.

I love the idea of this support group, all having similar things in common. Good luck ladies, we got this!
  • jcp71511
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 24 years old and I have a 2 year old son and a 7 month old daughter. I have 50 pounds that I would like to lose, but I'm setting a goal of 20 pounds to lose first.
    Sweets and carbs are always too tempting for me, and I have such a hard time resisting them. I always make excuses to not exercise up until now. Now that my 7 month old is sleeping through the night now I feel a little bit more rested and I am able to devote time during their nap time to work out.
    I am excited to be a part of this group and I hope we can all achieve our goals together!
  • anovembersoul_
    anovembersoul_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hello i'm 17 and i have a 14 month old miracle baby <3
    i'm so excited to get fit for both of us!
  • adrianrene
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! My name is Adrianna I'm 22 years old and I have a 9 month old daughter! I'm really looking for motivation I'm a cna and going to school for nursing so between work, school and being mommy I'm really struggling with holding myself accountable. I wish you all the best of luck in your journeys and hope to make some new friends =)
  • kelsey8537
    Options
    Hi! I am 27 and have a 4 year old son and 10 week old twins (boy and girl). I went a little nuts with the food over the holidays and even though I am breastfeeding the babies, I am gaining weight like crazy right now!

I teach 1st grade and go back to work from maternity leave next week. It will be interesting how my food choices and intake change once I am back at work and don't have an opportunity to snack all day.

My favorite ways to work out are indoor soccer, running (love/hate relationship), and the circuits at Planet Fitness. I am glad I get to be a part of this group because I need people to help encourage me!.
  • Lattimore3414
    Lattimore3414 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm 25 and have two daughters a newborn and 3yr old. I am looking to lose about 40lbs and start new and healthy lifestyle. I binge eat when I'm stressed or bored and am looking for new and effective ways to kick the habit. Also, I'm searching for friends to keep each other Motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • keilee0408
    keilee0408 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello Moms!!! I am 27 years old. I have 1 daughter who is going to be 3 the end of March. I would like to lose 36 pounds.I am a bored/stress eater. I am looking forward to getting to know you all :) Feel free to add me.
  • sabrinaxo10
    sabrinaxo10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am 21 years old, & I have a 16 month old daughter. I would like to lose 30 pounds. I'm also a bored/stress eater! Feel free to add me. :)