Which Walk do you choose, and why?

Options
DrJanet98
DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
I've done both the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, and the Breast Cancer 3-Day. I'm trying to decide which one to sign up for next year. I'm leaning towards the Avon Walk -- I like the more even distribution of miles on the 3-Day, but I don't know that I can raise the higher total for it in this economy, and the "Susan G. Komen 3-Day For the Cure" has just gotten so commercial lately, including the fact that they no longer even have the words "breast cancer" in the name of the event!

Replies

• BayAreaBrat145
    BayAreaBrat145 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only do the AVON, I don't like the politics of SGK. I would love it if AVON did a 3 day. I am always up for more miles. Where did you walk? I did SF twice and Santa Barbara this year. Signed up for SB next year but may consider NY or SC.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chicagoland (so as of next year Komen won't be an option any more, anyway). I thought about doing one in San Diego, but there's so many hills! I'm used to everything being flat enough to only need one gear on your bicycle. ;-)

The original 3-Day *was* Avon, but then they split up and Avon went to two days. I do like the division better with the 3-Day, Avon always seemed like too much on Saturday and not enough on Sunday. Politics didn't come into it until after I'd already done my 3-Day, but one reason I switched back was the thing about dropping "Breast Cancer" from the name of the 3-Day in favor of making the Komen name more prominent.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with SGK? This is a first. I had no idea that hipsterism was very much vibrant in this cause.