Just started yesterday, Im not sore

Options
I just started yesterday and I am not sore. Is that common? A part of me wants to find a new program because I dont feel like it will work since I am not sore.

Replies

• andreabrabham
    andreabrabham Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's great to know. Thanks
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Soreness is not an indicator of whether or not you had a good or effective workout.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    The fronts of my thighs got really sore after my first workout, but they are not very sore after my second.
  • hotlipsliz
    Options
    The day after my first workout I was not sore either. The next day was an entirely different story, my back and shoulders were hella sore lol!
  • thingo
    thingo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Be patient :) It will get heavier and harder very quickly.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, you probably won't be super sore since the weight should be a lighter. A few points to remember before ditching SL 1.) Soreness, or lack there of, cannot be used as an indication of a good workout. 2.) With the importance of form with these lifts, keeping the weight light at first helps your body and muscles learn the proper form without over taxing them from the start. 3.) Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) often hits the next day.

If you have been working out for a while before starting Strong lifts, you probably won't get sore in the beginning. In fact, you may never get that sore even after some heavy days. The muscles will be conditioned to handle the load. Soreness can also be reduced with a good diet and adequate water intake. It won't be that the workouts are not doing anything or that you are not working hard, it is just that your body and muscles are that awesome that they know what to do and can handle getting stronger without you being unable to walk right.

Focus on form for now and let the weight progress as programmed.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    It's obvious that form is very important when you start doing these lifts. I know I don't want to hurt myself, but I also want to get the most out of what I am doing.
  • thingo
    thingo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The fronts of my thighs got really sore after my first workout, but they are not very sore after my second.

The front of your thighs being sore: This might indicate that you're using your quads when you squat rather than your hamstrings and glutes. My cue would be to concentrate on squeezing your butt and pressing your knees outward when you squat. Hope this helps!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I think I'm doing pretty good on keeping my knees out, but I'm not very good at squeezing the glutes yet. So many things to remember at first. One of my knees did start to bother yesterday, so I'm hoping it will be okay on Monday when I squat again.

All in all I'm not very sore anymore.