Whats your downfall?

Options
2»

Replies

• cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mine is crisps and wine - have limited by buying lower cal crisps - salt and vinegar square multipacks are a particular fav and trying to stick to wine on weekend nights only, and just having 1 or 2 glasses of really nice wine. I do find it hard to say no to roast potatoes too, so I don't cook them v often!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've done surprisingly well. Except for beer and cider. Love the taste, and it's always a social calorie intake.

*sigh*
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Mine is Indians I have one every Sunday I love it :happy: . Sunday is the only day I don't count calories, I know I would lose weight quicker if I cut these out. But would make me miserable so one day a week I don't mind.

ages since we had an Indian takeaway :sad: But we did used to share one - or get a main and a side between us - smaller portions, less cals.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    My downfall is bread in all it's forms. I just love it and can easily knock out 4 slices of toast when i get in from work before deciding what to cook for tea

Oh yes!! Bread. Love it. Deffo bread and butter whilst cooking dinner... *drools like Homer*

Me too! Crusty white bread with fresh butter yum! I used to eat fresh bread by the half-loaf! never mind by the slice!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    Oh yes! The other day, I discovered Asda's chilli tiger bread, completely by accident. Lush. Would be fab with soup...

oh dear........
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    Biscuits, cakes and chocolate.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Bread and wine.

....perhaps I was Jesus in a former life?
  • runningcat76
    Options
    wine is my downfall. I cannot stop at 1 glass and that leads me to over eat on chocolate and ice cream too!
  • traceyblue
    Options
    What is my downfall?? I only have 2.

Everything I eat and everything I drink.

:frown:
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, cheese and icecream are 3 of my biggest downfalls. Am learning to have them all in moderation though I do slip up occasionally
  • Beckie_82
    Beckie_82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wine, cheese, bread, pasta and chocolate! Having a meal out with friends tonight and will be trying my best to avoid these or have them in small portions
  • ellend17
    Options
    On the cheese front i have cheese slices in my omelettes for breakfast - around 40-70 cals for one slice and its yummy :) and there are lots of lower fat cheese options, or mix cheese with light mayo so you need less - on jacket potatoes for example (or cheese and mayo on chicken is amazing!)
    I actually eat 10 times MORE cheese since losing weight, to get the protein! Very rarely had it before and now its probably a daily feature in my food diary...

Anyhoo, my downfall is probably cakes and sweet things - homemade fresh cakes and desserts are the best and we always have them at work :( And I love sweets, Pick & Mix especially. Yum.

:smile:
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Alcohol
    Bread
    Free Buffets at work
    Pork Pies

the list goes on
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. I can't just have some ice cream, it has to be the entire tub.
  • Swesat
    Swesat Posts: 18
    Options
    Mayonnaise. None of my homemade healthier salad dressings seem to beat it, especially when I'm making coleslaw
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Lets see

Victoria Sponge
    Maderia Cake
    Nice Cheese
    Digestive Biscuits (these are now banned from the house as 12 months ago one packet would be tea)
    Croissants (how can eating air be so bad for you)
    Cheese cake of any description
    Indian take away (once a month is not so bad)

Saturday is the day i eat anything i want, i still the track the calories but dont really care if i go over.