201310 Races

Options
2»

Replies

• plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    "Here's the elevation profile of the Half this Sunday:
    http://runlongbeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Half-Marathon-Elevation-Chart-v2.jpg

Promise, there is a hill. Well, sort of a hill! :-) "

Isn'i the "hill" in the long Beach half just a bridge?
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    "Here's the elevation profile of the Half this Sunday:
    http://runlongbeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Half-Marathon-Elevation-Chart-v2.jpg

Promise, there is a hill. Well, sort of a hill! :-) "

Isn'i the "hill" in the long Beach half just a bridge?

"just a bridge" - it's a veritable mountain!

:-)

Yes, I suspect that's a bridge and I'll have a better idea when I scout the course on Saturday.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    All I got this month is a 5k -- the Runway 5k in Charlotte October 26th. Should be a cool race, though -- you literally run on a runway at the Charlotte airport. Hoping to PR but it looks like the course might be a little long, so it could be tough!

runway.png

That's a neat idea - running on a runway!

"But officer — that's why they call it a RUNway!"
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do that race but didn't have enough time to train after my vacation. Good luck!
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am new to distance running! I'm running the Rock n Roll Brooklyn 10k tomorrow - it will be my longest distance so far. I'm contemplating training towards a half that will take place in early December. I have a program that seems reasonable, but I'm worried about over training.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Silver Comet Half Marathon, Austell Georgia

October 26, 2013
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad. All I have this month is a Halloween Sock Hop 5K my local running club is hosting on the 27th. Was supposed to have a FM on Sunday but it got cancelled due to a blizzard. Ugh

Hugs. I was sad about that for you too.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    wow, look at all these races!!

Hartford (CT, USA) Half tomorrow (9/12)! I will run a PR, because it's my first half. :o)

Kind of a twisty route, with typical New England up and downs: http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/Assets/Hartford+Marathon/Maps+-+Mararthon/Map_2013HM_Half0828.pdf

Anything under 2 hours will be fine, breaking 1:50 would a dynamite result.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 10-mile race at the Atlanta Marathon on 10/27. It's the last 10-miles of the marathon course and since it is Atlanta, you can count on lots of hills. This will be my longest race yet and I am hoping to finish at or under 90 minutes.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Running Anthem Wicked 10k at Virginia Beach in two weeks. Don't there will be much elevation change as it is mainly along the beach and on the boardwalk, but I am super excited! I am not really shooting for a PR. This will be my first real race since the foot and the knee injury stuff over the summer.

I have a Snow White running costume (complete with a tutu) and I spray painted an old pair of running shoes red with glitter! And even better, the husband is running it with me! :love: Of course he refuses to wear a costume. Oh well, I win some, some I lose!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!! I love this group! :drinker:
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    IMT Des Moines half marathon 10/20/13. Wishing to start with a "one" this year.
    http://www.desmoinesmarathon.com/Assets/Des+Moines+Marathon+Digital+Assets/half+marathon+race+course+map.pdf
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am also running in the Long Beach Half Marathon on Sunday Oct 13th. It will be my very first run of any kind so I am not looking to set any PR I am just out to have fun and experience the event.
    I have actually trained on the course twice and its pretty nice and flat for the most part, there is a "hill" on a bridge but its nothing that is hard.
    I am looking forward to the event and the experience, while a little intimidated over the 15,000+ runners that are going to be there!!
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    "just a bridge" - it's a veritable mountain!

:-)

Yes, I suspect that's a bridge and I'll have a better idea when I scout the course on Saturday."
    [/quote]

I've run that one half a dozen times. It's flat as a pancake. Just a bridge (you cross twice though :) )
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Baltimore Marathon on Saturday (10/12).

Bib No. 3734

Goal time is somewhere between 3:05 and 3:10.

Course map with elevation profile (yes, the link says 2011, but it is the correct course map).

http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com/Assets/Baltimore+Marathon/MarathonMap2011.pdf

Heading to the expo today to pick up my packet.

3:10:45, a new PR by 90 seconds on a tough course.

69 OA (3093)
    8 AG (155)
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great time on an easy course too :)
  • amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great job, Carson! Amazing time!