Season 4 - Ep. 1 - "30 Days Without an Accident" - 10/13/13

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 10/13/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

There aren't any specific trailers for this episode yet. As of right now there are only previews for Season 4 as a whole. I imagine that once we get closer to the premiere they will put one out.

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    There not giving up much info on the first episode yet. They have mentioned that several months have passed and everyone is settling in at the prison. From the title of the episode it seems like they've gotten comfortable but the **** is about to hit the fan.
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So. Bleepin. Excited. !.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I can't wait I even asked off work for the season premier, and I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando FL for my bday!!! So stoked it's The Walking Dead theme, and 2 mazes there are the prison and Woodbury!!! so exited!!!!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    About time!!!! I am so looking forward to it...
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,149 Member
    Options
    I can't wait! There's an even where I live, proceeds go to charity. They're playing last season's finale, then an intermission, and then the season premier on a theatre screen...SO. FREAKING. EXCITED!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Was anyone else confused about what exactly the lady had hiding at her campground? At first I thought that maybe it was a baby but on the Talking Dead they said that it was suppose to be her husband's head. What did you guys think?
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Overall I thought the episode was a good return to the season. It seems that they have started taking on people that come across the prison as long as they are willing to answer the three questions. There seems to much a lot more younger people that I'm guessing weren't part of the group of older people/children that came over from Woodbury.

They are introducing a lot of new characters but who knows how long each of them will be around....like Beth's new boyfriend. I really appreciated her reaction to the whole thing. She was much more mature about it than I expected her to be. As for the new guy, the Army medic, that insisted on coming along...I'm not sure if he can be trusted yet. For some reason he seemed a little bit shady to me. It seems like he's dealing with some war flashbacks or PTSD and alcoholism. I think that could definitely make for an interesting story line.

As for the kid that was sick with the flu, I'm not sure if he just happened to get the flu or if he's got some other kind of illness. It seems weird that he would get sick that fast and die. The same for the pig. It seems like someone actually infected the pig. It kind of looked like it had zombie flesh when Rick found it dead.

It makes sense that once that kid wakes up as a zombie in the showers that a lot of people at the prison will be lost. They're not expecting that at all and will probably be completely unprepared.

FAVORITE ZOMBIE OF THE NIGHT: Definitely the zombie hanging from his intestines from the roof at the store. I like how they are keeping all the zombie kills fresh and interesting.
  • KurtK1970
    KurtK1970 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I really, really wanted the pig to come back as a zombie pig!!! :)
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Can I just start by saying the raining zombies scene was so cool and intense I found myself in awe while watching it.

Ha, and I was thinking the same thing as Kurt about a possible zombie pig. That would've been something else.

Really liked the episode and on Talking Dead they said each episode after this is just going to be more intense, the purpose of the season premiere was to show people how good they've had it at the prison for a while and what's about to be snatched from them.

I can't help but think someone on the inside isn't fully dedicated in their loyalty to the group. I have my doubts about that lady Karen from Woodbury. We shall see.

Can't wait for next Sunday!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I don't really trust Bob the Army Medic. I don't think that Karen would have much loyalty to Woodbury or the Governor considering she watched him take out everyone in the town. Maybe it's the kids that are feeding the zombies. The one little girl that wanted to name all of the zombies seemed pretty determined to see them as people and not zombies.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    There's something about that Army medic that makes me not trust him. He also seems like a recovering alcoholic. That seemed heavily implied by the way he was reacting to the bottles. Too bad the two people with the greatest medical training (Hershel and Bob) are alcoholics.

I would have taken the alcohol because it's good for other things besides drinking.

Why don't they clean out a store when they go to it? I don't get the take only what we need and come back approach.

Did anyone else think the creepy lady in the woods was some hybrid zombie? :laugh: I was sure she was just a more evolved version of a walker. Any second I expected her to turn around and eat Rick. He's stupid! Why didn't he ask her to come back the next day to that spot in the woods where the boar was? That way he would have backup. Any good cop knows not to enter a dangerous situation without backup. It seems like Rick has gone to the other extreme now. Last season he didn't want any new people and he didn't pick up anyone. Now he has to be asked to carry a gun and he is willing to walk miles with a creepy woman. She could have been luring him to her crazy group where they might have eaten him for dinner. I honestly thought she was going to eat him. :laugh:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I don't really trust Bob the Army Medic. I don't think that Karen would have much loyalty to Woodbury or the Governor considering she watched him take out everyone in the town. Maybe it's the kids that are feeding the zombies. The one little girl that wanted to name all of the zombies seemed pretty determined to see them as people and not zombies.

Tyrese is also having, in my opinion, odd reactions to the zombies. To me it makes no difference if you kill them when they're attacking or standing next to the fence.
    He seems to be seeing some humanity in them I don't see.

I think the group should rig a big boombox and lure the walkers with music like a 4-5 miles away from the prison then "kill" them in one big swoop. I don't know why they don't do more to lure them away from the prison.

Anyone else think Rick shouldn't have been listening to music while he was gardening?
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Did anyone else think the creepy lady in the woods was some hybrid zombie? :laugh: I was sure she was just a more evolved version of a walker. Any second I expected her to turn around and eat Rick. He's stupid! Why didn't he ask her to come back the next day to that spot in the woods where the boar was? That way he would have backup. Any good cop knows not to enter a dangerous situation without backup. It seems like Rick has gone to the other extreme now. Last season he didn't want any new people and he didn't pick up anyone. Now he has to be asked to carry a gun and he is willing to walk miles with a creepy woman. She could have been luring him to her crazy group where they might have eaten him for dinner. I honestly thought she was going to eat him. :laugh:

Rick seems to have little regard about whether or not he lives in anymore. It's kind of like he's given in to the attitude of "well if it happens it happens." I thought it was odd that he didn't want to carry his gun with him anymore. And that he threw away the gun he found buried without even checking to see if it worked. Maybe that whole incident with Carl shooting someone without thinking twice is what is making him rethink his whole attitude.

I thought maybe that crazy lady in the woods was going to take Rick back to a group of cannibals or some group that was going to torture him. I can't believe he just decided to follow her!!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options

Anyone else think Rick shouldn't have been listening to music while he was gardening?

Yes! I thought that was really weird. I'd be checking over my shoulder constantly if I couldn't hear anything around me.
  • Ashkea76
    Options
    I agree- Bob seemed shady, the zombies raining from the ceiling was epic! LOVED it! also I did see the Talking Dead, and was wondering about the head comment....maybe it was a deleted scene??? or I'll be watching the episode again to try and catch that. Loved Carol's "story time," thought it was awesome...and perhaps the virus has evolved was the suggestion on Talking Dead....gonna be good this season!! Can't wait for next Sunday!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think as much as they focused on water during the episode, there must be something in the water that's making people and animals sick. And there was something weird with that one walker's eyes, and when the kid turned his eyes were kind of glowing too. I agree seeing zombie pig would be pretty hilarious!!! And I'm just totally confused about that weird lady in the woods.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I noticed the whole eye thing too. They seemed to focus on the zombie with the weird pus filled eyes. And then when Patrick fell in the shower I thought all of the blood was from where he hit his head but when it showed his face it showed his eyes bleeding. I think a lot of people are going to die or turn from this. Either Patrick is going to get up and start biting people or more people in the prison are going to get sick from the same thing that made Patrick sick.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loved the episode!!! Agree with just about everything others have said in previous posts and can't wait for next weeks episode.

I pretty much guessed that Beth's boyfriend would be dying. All he needed was the red shirt lol.

Curious -- has anyone else seen/heard the rumors of a spin-off for 2015? My guess is if they do it.. it'll be w/ Daryl.
  • Ashkea76
    Options
    I read something about the spinoff, but nothing about what characters existing or not that it would be about...just hope it's awesome...would hate for it to come out and then be pulled...like the spinoff from the X-Files, The Lone Gunman, where they either didn't give it enough freedom to be it's own show, or didn't give it a chance to build a fanbase. Doubt that will be an issue for TWD stuff though.

ETA: I TRIED watching the webisodes, but I just couldn't get into them...they could have done so much better, but the cheese factor, or perhaps just the quality of them? I dunno, just couldn't get in to those..
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I think as much as they focused on water during the episode, there must be something in the water that's making people and animals sick. And there was something weird with that one walker's eyes, and when the kid turned his eyes were kind of glowing too. I agree seeing zombie pig would be pretty hilarious!!! And I'm just totally confused about that weird lady in the woods.

Bingo! I also suspect that there's something up with the water. And that's what killed the pig & the kid in the prison. It could just be a simple, yet deadly, cootie (dysentery) or something more sinister, like a certain someone who contaminated their water supply. I'm curious where the water supply is coming from. Does the prison have their own well system? If so, it wouldn't take much to contaminate a large water supply. That's about up the Governor's alley, because w/out water there is no life. Also, remember the dead animals Rick found before he ran into the 51/50 lady? I think that was another clue into the ground water supply issue.

Sooo happy to have you back Walking Dead!!!!