Work out and Raw food

Options
TheBoldCat
TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
Hi everyone,

I've started raw food style a month ago. Am not aiming 100% but would like to get as close as possible. The first 3 weeks were fine.

What am struggling at the moment is I increased work out input and after gym, kickbox or cardio I feel I need someting to fill my stomach. Somtimes I want some meat 2 hrs after workout, sometime after half a day. I usually try to have a salmon or seafood but is there any option within raw food? I also tried fruit but didnt help.

Thanks and have a nice day

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's a very common sign that you're not eating enough. I've been eating a raw food diet for a little over 2 years, coaching being a part of raw communities and it's one of the biggest things I've noticed is the craving for foods that aren't the best choice for us when we're not fueling our bodies enough with energy.

Fruit is actually the biggest help in this. Eating enough of it throughout the day. Since you're not eating 100% I would also recommend things like squash, potatoes/sweet potato, pseudo grains such as quinoa/amaranth, and rice.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    i like to eat avocados with a spoon, just cut in half with a little kosher salt and pepper to stave off hunger. everyone recommends nuts and i love them, but i'd have to eat an entire pound for them to knock out my hunger pangs.

if it's a lack of energy issue, try the all natural Odwalla juices. check the labels and see which ones are truly pure with nothing added. i like the carrot, apple and orange. the superfood green juice is high in cals but has soy lecithin added which is a processed additive used to keep a mix of ingredients from separating so best to stick with the singular item drinks or buy several and mix them together yourself to change things up. it's easier than juicing yourself and the same thing.