My 70's meals

Options
were usually cereal with whole milk in the morning. A bologna, or tuna, or ham sandwich with lettuce and mustard between two slices of wonder bread for lunch, an after school snack of an apple or two cookies, or small amount of pretzels with koolaid. And for supper, a moderate portion of whatever Mom made. Meat, potato or rice, salad, vegetable and usually a dessert. She would make pear and cottage cheese, grape and apple salad, homemade pudding etc..... McDonalds was an extremely rare treat. We did not eat in the car, we did not drink soda. We drank water during the day, Milk or koolaid with meals. Ice cream was usually special occasions or homemade while at family get together. Oh the wonderful memories.
I have been thinking of trying this for several months now You just gave me the motivation to do it. Eat like I did when I was a kid.

Replies

• ktm96
    ktm96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    first, thanks for joining :)

also, your plan sounds good, i would just watch the ingredients lists. wonder bread from the 70s probably had different ingredients than wonder bread today. I want to try to make my own white bread recipe from my betty crocker cook book. it dosnt have a ton of ingredients, less than 10 i think. activity level is also essential and try to drink maybe a gallon of water a day to help move water weight out that has been there for years!