Disappointment

Options
So today's WOD was intimidating. I knew going in and looking at the board that it wan't gonna be easy. BUt I set my mind and worked hard... and didn't finish. This is the first time EVER that I've just completely not finished. I've been last MANY times, but I've ever not finished all my rounds in the allotted time. I'm not gonna lie... I cried a bit on the way home... frustration, disappointment, I'm not 100% sure what it was. I've lifted at these weights before, so I'm not sure where the problem lies.... anyone else ever feel this way?

BTW, the WOD was:

4 Rds for time:

400m run
10 TTB
20 Wall Balls
5KB Snatch
10 Push Press
10 Back Squat

30 min time limit

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Don't be frustrated, it happens to all of us every once in a while and as long as you gave it 100 that's all you can do
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of work! I'm going to say that if you were working for most of the whole 30 minute time frame, you are already amazing, regardless of finishing or what your placement was.
    I've also felt disappointed about my workout, but I find I'm more emotional than usual for the next hour or so after a wod. Maybe you're the same way and that has something to do with feeling so disheartened.
  • engineergirl
    engineergirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have on occasion, especially after a difficult WOD, been emotional, so that may be part of it. I've just never not finished, so that really disappointed me. I absolutely gave it my all, so I need to just be satisfied with that. And maybe pick better weights next time, I obviously had too much for that amount of work.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had a moment where I wanted to cry after a bad WOD. And then I remembered: I didn't sign up for Crossfit to get a certain "time" or "score" on the white board. I came to get a great workout and become stronger.

Did you get a great workout? Are you stronger from doing that WOD? Yes and YES!

Try not to be so hard on yourself, and consider today a SUCCESS!
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    These are the workouts that you'll learn and grow from the most.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You've never hit a time cap before?? Wow, that's impressive on its own! I never would have finished that in 30 mins.

I've been frustrated enough with my performance that I got really upset, yeah. It happens! Now if you do that one again, you'll know how much stronger/faster/etc you are. Hang in there!
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You've never hit a time cap before?? Wow, that's impressive on its own! I never would have finished that in 30 mins.

I've been frustrated enough with my performance that I got really upset, yeah. It happens! Now if you do that one again, you'll know how much stronger/faster/etc you are. Hang in there!

What she said... ^^^^^^
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We did Kelly a couple of weeks ago:

5 rounds (not sure about the order)

400 mtr run
    30 box jumps(18)
    30 wall balls (14)

35 min time cap

I missed by 10 wall balls. It was by far the most brutal workout for me to date, going on 4 months now. I was bummed, but nothing has been that bad to date and I know that I could get through it next time. Although I pray that doesn't happen to soon... : )
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    YESSS!!! I'm so glad I'm not alone! I was going to start a threat called "Does anyone just want to cry after a sucky WOD?"

I hated everything about it today, it was all things I super duper suck at, the only thing that could have made it worse was throwing T2B in there...

BTW it was 5 rounds FT
    12 pull-ups
    20 box jumps (20 inch box)
    200M sprint

I was of course the last one done and I hated every millisecond of it.
    (My time was 21:12) LONG after everyone else was done.
    :sad: :sad: :yawn: :yawn:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have on occasion, especially after a difficult WOD, been emotional, so that may be part of it. I've just never not finished, so that really disappointed me. I absolutely gave it my all, so I need to just be satisfied with that. And maybe pick better weights next time, I obviously had too much for that amount of work.

You said you can handle the weights, so it seems its just your cardio level wasn't quite up to the task. Keep doing Crossfit and working as hard as you are and that will fix itself....fast.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    On Wednesday we had:

3 Rope Climbs
    10 HS Pushups
    20 Box Jumps (Over box)
    30 KB Snatches
    400m Run

30min AMRAP.. (I think it was 30, anyway)

Most people only got 1 round done.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    You more the man (woman lol) that I am.

I once walked out of a class as it was killing me. Imagine living with quitting.. you hung in there and did your workout.

I like how you are assessing your workout and thinking of lowering the weight in to get the work in, thats a very sensible option. I guess if you manage to complete the workout next time, you can up the weight gradually?

I don't know you, but proud of you :)
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    If you worked as hard as you can, there is nothing to be disappointed about. Good for you for the effort.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    That's a ton of work for a 30 minute time cap... I personally would have scaled it to 3 rounds as my goal and then go for the 4th if there was still time. That being said...

It was most likely your 400m runs that ate your clock. I know it eats mine all the time. The thing to take away from it is you didn't quit. Remember there are Games Elite Athletes who DNF all the time. yes it sucks, but it is what it is.

Just keep in mind of the millions of people who sat on the couch while you busted your hump, even if you DNF... you get mad props for that girl.
  • AmberRyan54
    Options
    I tried making a commitment to myself that when a WOD intimidates me or has a lot of movements I'm not strong with, I don't let myself skip that day. Don't get disappointed, learn where your need to focus and grow from it. My Fran time is horrific because I'm awful at thrusters but I make myself do it or I'll never get better. Be proud of yourself for even trying something that intimidates you and just remember, you're miles ahead of everyone who's still sitting on the couch.