PR dead lifts

Options
Yeah, I'm well aware 205 is nothing to brag about but I'd like to thank CF for the form instruction that allowed me to lift 50lbs over what I attempted on my own at a reg gym that left me with a sore back every time.

So last night's WOD was 4 rounds of 400m run, 3 dead lifts and 10 burpees. For strength was 5 rounds of 5 dead lifts immediately followed by 15 KB swings. And I feel great today.

I know I could've done more weight for dead lifts now, but really I just wanted to get through the workout and the following day ... pain free.

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!

I upped my DL PR by 50 lbs not too long ago. Awesome feeling. :)
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I miss gains like that! But I'll take every 5lb gain that I can get.... every little bit helps!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ I agree! Any gains are good gains. And the fact that your back isn't sore and you're feeling good is great too!
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    Brag away, good for you. That's terrific!
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    205 is awesome! I hit a 210lb 1RM the other day after our box finished a 6 week deadlift program. I went from 185 to 210 with their help.

:)
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Thats great progress. :drinker:
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Going for a new PR tomorrow (hopefully!). Currently 80kg (176lbs).
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Go Sara!!!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Boom! Nailed it! 82.5kg! I'm dead today. Anyone else find deadlifts = dead tired? (And insatiably hungry?)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hey! A 1# PR is a 1# PR. A gain is a gain. As long as you increase you are doing fine. I just hit a 5# PR on my DL last Friday. Now at 265#.
  • CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just joined the 300# club today! I'm not gonna lie, super pumped about this!!
  • PaleoChocolateBearJr
    Options
    My DL single rep max is at 535# and I can't go any higher until we get more 55lb plates at the box
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Great job every one. I'm down to about 285, but I'm cutting weight to really focus on form. Was in the low 300s and will get there again, but I want to make sure i"m doing it right.
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    testing my new 1rm next week! congrats on your PR!!
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My DL single rep max is at 535# and I can't go any higher until we get more 55lb plates at the box

lmaooo...that's awesome
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My current single max DL is 255.
  • SWFrick
    SWFrick Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

We have a couple of 100 lb plates. Sounds like you need some of those.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My current DL PR is 405#. We haven't had a workout where we test it lately, so I have to think I'm a little higher by now
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Dead lifts are my favorite lift!
    Last strict DL was 205
    Last sumo DL was 205 + chains (those are 10lb each)

We haven't tested either in awhile and I'm itching to do it! I love that my gym loves heavy lifting.