Replies

• awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have heard that they are amazing.
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting some too, but what do you do with WOD's that involve a lot of running along with lifting? That's where I get hung up because I know a lot of people that refuse to wear them outside and change them often.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    love my lifting shoes.

For WODs with running, just don't wear them. You typically won't encounter really heavy weight with running WODs anyway. And lifting shoes are intended for when you work towards the heavier end of what you are capable of. Not every WOD with lifting requires the use of lifting shoes.

But they are a great investment and I wish I hadn't waited so long to get them!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    love my lifting shoes.

For WODs with running, just don't wear them. You typically won't encounter really heavy weight with running WODs anyway. And lifting shoes are intended for when you work towards the heavier end of what you are capable of. Not every WOD with lifting requires the use of lifting shoes.

So what kind do you have? :happy:
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lifting shoes have come a long way. There are the old school style that are good for nothing but lifting that have a thick solid wooden or hard rubber sole but those suck for CrossFit. Nike, Reebok and Innov8 make shoes that are much better for CrossFit. The rear of the shoes is just as stable and solid as the old style shoes but the shoes are built to be lightweight with a flexible forefoot and midfoot to allow box jumps, double unders, pull ups, toes to bar, rowing and pretty much anything but running. I wear mine for any WOD that involves a squat movement but not running. I have the Reeboks although, for the same price you can get the new Innov8 lifting shoe that boast the lightest weight of all CrossFit friendly lifting shoes. I know at least one guy that swears they are better than the Reeboks.

One last thing. Don't be afraid to spent a little money as these will last for many years unlike athletic shoes that you wear and replace often.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Great insight. Thanks.
  • cmay89
    Options
    love my lifting shoes.

So what kind do you have? :happy:

Reebok Crossfit Lifters. Got them right before the inov8 lifters came out. Nobody at my gym seemed crazy enthused by the inov8s either. We are all happy with the ones that we have currently.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We got the Reebok ones from the OP last night. I'm keeping my cross trainers for running but I'll use the new ones for everything else. They say you can still do box jumps and skipping with them. Can't wait to try them out.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting some too, but what do you do with WOD's that involve a lot of running along with lifting? That's where I get hung up because I know a lot of people that refuse to wear them outside and change them often.

I have Reebok Lifters for non-running (indoor) lift WODs... for WODs with running + lifting I wear my nano 3's.

You do NOT want to run in lifters... you will destroy your lower body and the shoes. ;-)
  • cmay89
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL

Roguefitness.com has several of their Reebok Crossfit Lifters discounted right now. Limited sizing (none in mine!! :sad: ) But it is worth checking out if you've been debating on them!

edited to add...

Several styles of minimal shoes on sale as well!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL

Roguefitness.com has several of their Reebok Crossfit Lifters discounted right now. Limited sizing (none in mine!! :sad: ) But it is worth checking out if you've been debating on them!

edited to add...

Several styles of minimal shoes on sale as well!

Thank you!!
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i love my risto sports. they are old school style true weight lifting shoes. i only wear them for the strength stuff we do as well as for wods that are oly-only like grace or isabelle. super unique too.
  • denniskillz
    denniskillz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if I should get the Crossfit Lifter Plus of else the Inno-8 Fastlift 335, does anyone have any views on either. I have recently read many reviews stating the fastlift is better.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Question. I have very wide feet. usually get EE or wider for most sneakers. Are lifting shoes available wide as well.
  • denniskillz
    denniskillz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I bought the Innov-8 Fastlift 335 since it was on sale on Amazon, also the Innov-8 comes in a wide size
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I wear my nanos for heavy lifting WODs and my Brooks Ravennas for running.
  • TXBecki
    Options
    I have wide feet as well, which is why I purchased the Nike Romaleos Oly shoes. I did a lot of research, and those were the best for us wide-footed folk. They fit great, and I absolutely love them!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I hope I can find a place to actually try some on.
  • k_stew_
    Options
    I have a pair of reeboks, and they're great. I wish I had gotten the slightly more expensive Adidas because I've heard they're even more stable (plus I really like the orange-red color). But my stability on lifts are much better in my reeboks and than in normal trainers.