Should you really be allowed to play in the MNC game

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
If you can't even win your conference?

Methinks not.
Too many other undefeated teams, or teams one loss teams who have(or will) actually won their conference.

Replies

• Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    That's cold
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    That's cold
    It's true. And now the talking heads are trying to get us excited about the possibility of TWO teams that didn't win their conference playing for the MNC(If LSU loses to Georgia). UGH!
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is why they came up with a so called playoff system for FBS. While I feel a playoff is needed, this isn't even close to what FBS needs to determine a national champion. I have stated in a previous post regarding the issue. I see too much money and possibly corruption to give the nation what it really needs ..... a real playoff. How is it that all other football divisions have a legit playoff system, but FBS doesn't?

If the conference heads, university presidents, and athletic directors wanted to make the right step, start with the top 12 teams and eventually go to something like the NCAA basketball tourney (only not as big) and allow for play in games so smaller conference schools have a chance to get in.
  • findfan4ever
    Options
    As far as keeping teams out if they cannot win their conference title ......

First look at the strength of the schedule over all and within the conference. I recall a few years back Michigan lost to Ohio State by 3 or so points at the Horseshoe. Michigan was denied a shot at the title because they did not win their conference because of that game; however Michigan had a tougher Big 10 schedule, tougher non conference schedule, and tougher overall schedule.

Michigan was robbed of their spot in the title game by barely loosing to an arch rival on the road.
  • scar47
    scar47 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Eventually it will come to that, but the thoughts of having an ACC team in a final 6 or final 4 is just wrong. That's the most over rated conference in college football. VT shouldn't even have been ranked in the top 25 at the end of the year. Clemson was decent, but look at the blowout WVa gave them in the Orange Bowl.
  • findfan4ever
    Options
    Eventually it will come to that, but the thoughts of having an ACC team in a final 6 or final 4 is just wrong. That's the most over rated conference in college football. VT shouldn't even have been ranked in the top 25 at the end of the year. Clemson was decent, but look at the blowout WVa gave them in the Orange Bowl.

The Big Easy, in my opinion, is the most over rated conference.
  • scar47
    Options

Yeah but the Big East champ beat the ACC champ 70-33. So which conference is the worst?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Yeah but the Big East champ beat the ACC champ 70-33. So which conference is the worst?
    ACC and Big East will always be tied for worst conference.
  • scar47
    Options
    Can't believe it's been over a year since anyone posted on this thread. Speaking of overrated, Clemson at #3 might well be the most overrated team in the history of college football. ;)