Play Off System

Options
scar47
scar47 Posts: 56 Member
I don't think there's a college football fan in America that doesn't want a National Play Off System. So who is keeping us from getting one?

Replies

• findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Damn. No replies until now.

I am all in favor of a playoff system. I know there is one in place with FBS schools, however it is not enough. How is it that all other college football divisions have REAL playoffs for their championships? I really haven't seen the number of games they play during the year, but I am guessing it is around 11 or 12 and they still have a better playoff system.

I can understand athletic directors, conference heads, and university presidents wanting to preserve the bowl system and its tradition. I feel this could be hindering a TRUE playoff system for FBS system. I would prefer to see each region in the country have a playoff for their regions and those regional champions meet in the BCS bowl stadiums for a national playoff.

While I like the "start" to a playoff beginning in 2013, there needs to be more than 4 teams. If they really want to show they are serious, start with the top 12 teams in the nation. That way almost all conference are represented. Also, similar to the NCAA Tournament, allow two play in games in which teams representing some of the mid majors can have a shot at the title too.

I don't really like the polls to be used as a factor. They are subjective. I would love to see all the poll voters during the last week of regular season vote the 25 worst teams for their top 25. That would really show just how messed up the polls are. Plus, those that "vote" ..... are they really analyzing these the teams they vote for or just looking at the score of the games to see who won. The polls are ridiculous and not a true measure of the best teams in the nation.

My 2011 Ohio Bobcats kicked some real butt last year in the MAC and had some great stats with a living legend of a coach in Frank Solich and they didn't even get a nod after winning the MAC Championship and winning their first bowl game since 1968.

Oh, and my Bobcats start off the season at Penn State this year. It would really make a statement for Ohio and the MAC if Ohio upset The Nittany Lions.
  • scar47
    Options
    lol This thread went so long without a reply that I quit looking to see if anyone answered. Well we at least have a 4 game playoff. That's heading in the right direction.
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    lol This thread went so long without a reply that I quit looking to see if anyone answered. Well we at least have a 4 game playoff. That's heading in the right direction.

Hopefully this thread will pick up speed as we get closer to the start of the 2012 season.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see how the 4 team works, and where it goes from there.

I wouldn't mind a play off, but I'd want to keep the bowl games. Just because I want as much College Football as humanly possible.
  • scar47
    Options
    I agree with as much college football as possible, but what I see in the long run is a division among major D1 schools similar to the NFL with a 6-8 league playoff system. Personally I like the bowl system with a 4 team playoff.
  • scar47
    Options
    Nearly 2 years later. The sounds that I'm hearing is that the major conferences are tired of the bs from the NCAA, and are thinking of starting a new organization. No way they change conference alignments, but it could lead to playoffs based on conference winners.