Weekly Check in - 10/16/2013 10 weeks till Christmas :)

Options
kravmark2
kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
Hard to believe there's only 10 weeks left

1. Current weight (optional) :
2. weight lost since last week :
3. NSV for the week
4. Goals for next week

70 days, 14 hours 55 mins 00 sec .... don't let it stress you, let it motivate you to finish strong. Even if you only lost 1lbs a week for the next 10 weeks that'd be amazing results right? 2lbs a week would be 20lbs... keep it up people.. you are great motivators for me ...MUAH!!!

http://www.xmasclock.com/

Replies

• AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Due to the inevitable energy boost and the more than apparent size reduction, every lb should be treated as a victory. -ALWAYS-

Stay strong and lose on!

1. 166.6lbs
    2. .7 lost since last week
    3. No NSV yet for this week
    4. My goal is to get back on track with eating according to my diet and to exercise every exercise day.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group! With 10 weeks left, I doubt I will lose 30lbs by christmas. But I will shoot for 10-15lbs from here until christmas. Good luck to everyone!
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well I am not going to update stats because right now I am just working on keeping moving, but I wanted to come see how everyone is doing. Looks pretty quiet. I hope everyone is staying on track or can get back on track. That is what I am hoping to do. Since my disappearance, I am apparently going through a divorce. Sad news but it was 13 years long coming. Hope everyone is well and I will weight myself tomorrow. Getting back on track. This has been a struggle.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 10 10.5lb

Weight lost: 1 and a half pounds!

NSV: I bought a size 12 top and it fits! It shows off a few lumps and bumps, so it's staying in the wardrobe for a bit, but still! :)

Goals for next week: Stay on track and hula hoop lots ...

Weight to go by Christmas: 8.5 pounds (making me 10 stone 2)
  • TanyaAJ
    TanyaAJ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Another week and well done everyone, keep going!

1. Current weight 172.4 lbs (lightest I've been in 10 years!)
    2. weight lost since last week 4 lbs!!! How fantastic is that! I feel like I have been working hard and eating sensibly so it does work, just have to stick with it.
    3. Other accomplishment or NSV: my hubby decided to do some excising looking at me! That's excellent!
    4. Goals for next week: didn't go to bed earlier as promised last week, so I have to persevere....
    5. weight to go by Christmas 5 lbs

Steffanie911 I am so sorry to hear your news.... Be strong, look after yourself. I am thinking about you. ((hug))
  • cfeineigle
    cfeineigle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!! Happy Hump Day!

1. Current weight (optional) : 140.4
    2. weight lost since last week : -.70
    3. NSV for the week: Not only did I turn down a hot fudge sundae, I watched my bf eat his and didn't even have a bite!! Lol :happy:
    4. Goals for next week: Move out of the 140's and into the 130's!!
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    1. Current weight (optional) : 182
    2. weight lost since last week : 0
    3. NSV for the week: no change on the scale again this week, but low 180s has always been a really strong set-point for me. At least I'm maintaining it.
    4. Goals for next week : lose 2 lbs.
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    October 16, 2013

1. Current weight (optional) : 224.2 lbs.
    2. weight lost since last week : 1.4 lbs.
    3. Having a good week this week.. Thanks for keeping me working hard
    4. Goals for next week : Just to keep doing the same.. dropping 1-2lbs a week
    5. weight to go by Christmas : 24.4lbs :)
  • FitterStrongerHappier
    Options
    Hello!!! I forgot to post last week - but am here now :)

1. Current weight (optional) : 227.4 (down from 236.8 lbs 9/28/13.)
    2. weight lost since last week: 2.4 lbs
    3. Other accomplishment or NSV (non scale victory) for the week: not remembering anything at the moment!
    4. Goals for next week: Keep following the new diet plan, learning more variety and start adding in some exercise (eventually getting back to Crossfit workouts)
    5. weight to go by Christmas : 20.6
  • kimharrison22
    kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined the group! Looking for a challenge to motivate me to stay on track with my diet. My goal is to lose 7-10 lbs. by Christmas!

1. Current weight : 123
    2. weight lost since last week : 0
    3. NSV for the week : Replaced my lunchtime coffee with herbal tea!
    4. Goals for next week : Get up early and run in the morning :)
    5. weight to go by Christmas : 10
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    October 16, 2013

1. CW 217.0
    2. Lost 0.6 lb this week
    3. NSV - more shopping in my closet!
    4. Goal for next week - MUST work on better meal planning & prep; zero accomplished this week :(
    5. 21.2 lbs to lose by Christmas

I really appreciate this group! I have started to get discouraged because my rate of weight loss has slowed down. After posting here today, I realized that I have lost 8.8 pounds since this started and that is something to be happy and grateful for!! :heart:
  • maguariento
    maguariento Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1. 139.2
    2. 0 lost (or gained!)
    2b. Weight lost since beginning the challenge (for me, 8/28): 3.2 lbs
    3. NSV: LOTS! Lowest hip measurement yet. Wore my jeans for a whole day for the first time in YEARS. Despite a killer side stitch, ran/walked my first 3 miles EVER (well, unless I was forced to do it in high school... I blacked that out), with only five minutes of walking total. Curling 20 lbs again. Best of all, when my boss said, “you’re all skin and bones,” I said, “well, I have some muscle, too.” Then I flexed. She nearly fell over :laugh:
    4. Goals for next week: Well, this is a toughie. Going on a vacation with my sister to an organized retreat-type thing at a "resort" where we will be subjected to a fixed meal plan. So my goals are to: (1) TRY not to overeat. (2) Try to continue the c25k program, despite a schedule packed full of classes. (3) Hope to check out the exercise room, as I don't belong to a gym. Want to play with all the neat toys! (4) Try not to obsess about my food/exercise regime, and have some fun!!! If I fall off the wagon, I'll get back on when I return.
    5. Weight to go by Christmas: 4.2 lbs

Everyone has been doing SO well! I especially like seeing those who post how much they've lost since the beginning of the challenge. Funny, I actually thought I had lost more, but I'm still happy with how it's going. If I can stick with it, I should see another drop in a week or so... that's kind of been my cycle. Also, I'm increasing my running and my lifting, so I know that my muscles are trying to rebuild, which means holding on to water & glycogen. Not that it's an excuse, because this is a lifestyle change. I will ALWAYS be upping my cardio and lifting, so my muscles will ALWAYS be rebuilding. But it feels far better to be at this weight and hurting, than if I were here just sitting pretty. So nice to have honest-to-goodness, post-workout aches again!!! It makes the remaining jiggly bits easier to handle :tongue: Just knowing I'm doing all the right stuff makes such a HUGE difference!

A note to anyone else that may be stuck after lots of losses... don't forget to periodically re-adjust your weight and weight loss goal w/ MFP; as you lose mass, you get less calories for the day. Also, try mixing up your routine... keep your body guessing!!! Until next week, cheers!!!
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. 199.2
    2. maintained since last week, no loss
    3. I think I've gotten better at listening to when my body is hungry or not. I had a 'screw it, eat whatever' weekend, but didn't gain weight like I normally would have.
    I can also fit into pants that used to be too tight!! Thank goodness cause everything else is dirty! :)
    4. Gonna run less this week, my shins have been feeling it. Gonna give biking and the elliptical more attention.
    5. 19.2 lbs to go!!
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    This is going by way too fast & I'm not loosing enough to keep up! lol

1. Current weight (optional) : 230
    2. weight lost since last week : 1 lb
    3. NSV for the week: Honestly there really isn't one, I felt like I wasn't good enough this week, plus i'm bloated so once I lost that pound I gained 3 more back (not counting that though)
    4. Goals for next week: EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE!!!
    5. Pounds to lose by Christmas: 30...ugh I hope I can get close!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    1. Current: 166
    2. Loss: 0 lb
    3. NSV: I am exercising more...
    4. Goal: Focus on food... the rest will follow
    5. 26 lbs to go by Christmas-- ugh!
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    1. Current: Still not important; nothing to see here.... Move along:bigsmile:

2. Loss: 0 lb [ Do I have to report a gain? 2 lbs.... overindulgence on Thanksgiving Wknd! Gotta work extra hard this week]

3. NSV: Still enjoying exercising... Who Knew!!!

4. Goal: To become the best "ME" I can be <Weight wise, health wise, personality wise>

5. Around 28 lbs to go by Christmas-- or so I'm thinking... but then that would be my goal weight! I'd be happy with 20 by then:laugh:

Let's do it y'all:drinker:
  • ibculverized
    Options
    I missed logging my stats in last week, but I am the same as last week. It is weird how I am losing weight. I lose a few pounds and then will not lose the next two weeks. The good thing...I am LOSING!!

1. CW 222 lbs
    2. gained 1 lbs :( It has been a tough two weeks with so much going on and not getting in ALL of my gym time.
    3. NSV - The fact that I am sticking to this program even though it is a slow process I feel so much better and know that I will get there!
    4. Next weeks goals - Make it to the gym 3 times instead of two.
    5. 22 lbs Gotta keep going!!
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am SO far behind!!! I will never get to my goal in 10 weeks.
    BUT I'm gonna try harder now! Starting tomorrow, I am using my portion control plate and going to the gym most days.
    Even though my doctor basically told me I might not lose any weight because the med I am on alters my metabolism. Real fricken great!
    NSV Some people said I look pretty *blush*