New group created today

Options
Tobi1013
Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
Not sure if any of you saw this, but figured I would point it out. Bringing awareness only, not advocating for any kind of actions that could be seen as retaliatory towards the group creator.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17121-crossfit-a-dangerous-exercise-cult

Replies

• MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    saw this...joined for a hot second just to post a reply, then left the group, lol.
  • Possible_Infinity
    Possible_Infinity Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I message with a link to this page...

Please send them a piece of your mind, I know I did...

I don't get it...

Its just weird
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I message with a link to this page...

Please send them a piece of your mind, I know I did...

I don't get it...

Its just weird

The creator of that group is well aware of this group. She has heard from many of us time and again in response to the PMs we have received from her and has seen her comments modded here time and again. Unless I am mistaken, she is currently blocked from this group. She has an agenda that she is bound and determined to advance. Frankly, I'm glad to see that she has found an outlet and hope that the creation of her group signals a change to her current MO.
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    She deleted my post already lmao...
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's such a popular group! So far there's only 1 person posting. I think we can all guess who that is...
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got an invitation to join....I very quickly declined!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    What is it they say haters do...?
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All I see is an *kitten* that is completely defined by her hatred. She's right though. Half the people that I know that tried CrossFit are dead now.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Also, I thought about joining this group just to post, but this woman is looking for a fight. It isn't like any information that I could ever present to her will change her mind. I am going to keep an eye on it to see if the group grows. It could be entertaining.
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    IDK if she's looking for a fight, because I posted and she just deleted it.

BTW my post was "FACT -- there are more injuries in soccer and running than their are in olympic lifting and crossfit."
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    ignore her and hope she goes away.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    She deleted my post already lmao...

I did the same thing. She deleted me AND blocked me from the group. :laugh:

All I said was something to the effect of "says the woman who has never been to a Crossfit box or participated in a WOD. Give it up Health_Gal. Go knit a sweater or quilt a blanket of your cats or brush your back hair. Crossfit ain't going anywhere so find a new hobby." She couldn't possibly have been offended!!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    What is it they say haters do...?

zP10f.gif

Eta: Because I'm adult. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17127-hating-on-crossfit-a-dangerous-cross-to-bear
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Thanks for finding the excellent gif for this! Also I'm enjoying the fact that she created the group and even folks that aren't CrossFitters are trolling that group (and trolling it hard!)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Thanks for finding the excellent gif for this! Also I'm enjoying the fact that she created the group and even folks that aren't CrossFitters are trolling that group (and trolling it hard!)

I will admit: this afternoon has been wildly entertaining.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's very sad. i also posted a topic and it got deleted. I thought I was so clever too. :-(
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    What is WITH that chick?? :noway:
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    there are some really funny threads and responses in that group now, gave me a good laugh
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm gone for a day and MAYHEM ensues! Seriously, what is with the stick up this woman's butt over crossfit?

I will say some of the threads in there are pretty funny....
  • engineergirl
    engineergirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHA this just MADE my day! The threads are HILARIOUS!