Feeling a bit, Ehhh, about my body lately...

Options
carena_05
carena_05 Posts: 1 Member
HI! Im new here, but want to start sharing and joining in on on the support of all you great moms! I have been feeling pretty down lately about the weight Im gaining and the way my body is beginning to look. :( But here's where I'm at!

Pre-pregnancy weight 121

Lost about 4 lbs from beginning to about week 10.
Up 4 lbs by week 17
up 8 lbs by week 19
and now a total of 10 lbs at week 22

I feel like Im gaining in all the wrong places though. :( My boobs have gotten enormous (they were altered Feb of 2012, so they were already big), but now they are just too heavy! And fat is accumulating around my thighs and love handles. Soo depressing. I feel so un-sexy and hate to be naked around my hubby.

I need more time and energy to stay in shape but it feels impossible. Working full-time, with two 5 year olds and a needy hubby at home I just dont see how its possible!!!

Anyone advise or just some support to know that Im not the only one!? Lol

:)

Replies

• Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any advice but I just wanted to let you know that you sound like wonder woman! I hope you feel proud of your commitment to work and family. Your husband is lucky to have you and I am sure he loves you no matter what your shape or size.. but I know that what you think of yourself is more the point. Unfortunately you are the only one who can change your opinion of yourself. I think taking time to remember what an important job you are doing might help your mind frame.. it did for me.

10lb at 22 weeks is not a lot of weight gain and I think that admitting you aren't happy and having the initiative to be pro active about it counts for something. Can you combine exercise in with the 2 kids (eg they ride their bikes while you walk with them- you might find it tires them out enough so you can all go to bed early or have a nap to re energize)

Best of luck :)
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    With a starting weight of only 121, 10 pounds at 22 weeks is pretty great I think !!!
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing great!! And does your 10 lb gain take into account the 4 you lost at the start (aka are you really 6 lbs up from your conception weight)?

Either way, you are right on track. I think my new body looks so funny, not exactly un-sexy just...weird I guess. Either way, this is a temporary state so try to enjoy the things you can about it. Bigger boobs? I've never been one to complain about that (and I'm sure your husband isn't either!). As for the thighs/love handles, you know it's not real-forever-fat. Try to think of it as food storage for that kiddo you're building ;) Maybe it's time to get a really stellar maternity outfit, or a pedicure, or a facial to make you feel good. Your body is doing amazing things right now, so try to be easy on it and yourself.
  • HollyAnn_
    HollyAnn_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can so relate!

This is my fourth pregnancy. I'm at 28w5d gained 25 pounds (my other three pregnancies I gained most in the middle too, but not this much) 25 was the most I had gained with my other three and that really bums me out :(
    Also I'm right 200 pounds and that bums me out even more.
    And... I've also gained a lot around my love handles and thighs and that's always what takes the longest for me to lose.
    So yeah, I feel ya!

I'm working 8-4, week days with 6, 4, and 2 year olds and a "needy" hubby as well lol. I'm a Librarian and the whole summer when I was off I felt too sick to really workout, but when I started feeling better school started and I was just too tired after work. I'm going to commit now to at least 10 minutes of walking 4 days a week and ill see where it goes from there.

One thing that makes me want to get my butt in gear is labor and delivery.. I'm sure I have like zero muscles that are up to all that. I'm planning a no drug natural labor and to do that and not be completely miserable the entire time, I'm going to have to prepare for it now! My other labors were great, and yes I mean I loved it! But I was in really good shape and I want the same experience not a horrible one lol... And I think it's easier on baby (and everyone involved) to be able to be comfortable and have an easy labor and delivery.

So I've kinda been worrying about that and scared myself into just sucking it up and getting it done.

Set a very small goal! 10 minutes of yoga, walking, anything, for 3 days a weeks for three weeks or whatever and determine to do it. You know you will feel better afterwards and have the satisfaction of doing something very GREAT for you and baby. I'm hoping that feeling will be motivation to continue and maybe increase a little.

Good luck and feel free to add me! I'd love some more support !