torreyking75
Susiej1976
ljdanny
valsdetermine2lose
pambo1999
Grandmajackie
jeliz1234
Santje00

My name is Jackie (aka grandmajackie) My goal for this challenge is to be consistent as far as my healthy eating! I reached my goal weight of 137 last year but due to holding down a full time job I gained some back! I am consistent with my training and working out but I have been not been consistent with eating. My biggest struggle is that weekends we usually go out for either breakfast or lunch Saturdays! I WILL start making healthier choices!

As far as my goal for fitness is, consistently is the key! I am really looking forward to this challenge since I'm training for first half marathon next month! It's time to get serious about my running! I also feel that this challenge will help me because now I am accountable to my team. That is always a big motivator for me when others depend on me.

Good luck everyone on reaching your goals!

Replies

• santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Purple,

My name is Sandra, aka santje00. My goal is 130 lbs and I'm currently on 193 lbs. I started my weight loss journey in March on a whopping 245 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but team purple for the win! So I will do my best to do my team proud :)

My exercise consists mainly out of yoga, since I found this exercise makes me loose weight faster then any other type of exercise. My downfalls are without a doubt Italian food, I love everything from Lasagne till pizza. But, I have found a way to eat healthy but still being able to eat the food that I love, just with little adjustments.

I hope to be on 160 lbs by Christmas, and on my target weight next March.

Warm Regards,
    Sandra from Team Purple
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Hi Purple Team,

My name is Tracy aka ljdanny (my kids names). I have a lot of down falls especially sweets. I have been doing a lot better. Latey I have been on and off but I plan to be on completely. I had lost some weight but have recently gained it back and had to go shopping the other night for a cocktail party and that had to be one of the worst experiences of my life. Over the weekend I cleaned out the kitchen and went shopping for healthy foods. Right now I weight 193.2 I would love to be 130. I can't wait to get started.
  • torreyking75
    Options
    Hello Purple Team

My name is Torrey AKA Torreyking75. My goal is 200lbs. I beginning my weight loss journey at 290. I look forward to being encouraged and motivated by you all and returning the favor
  • pambo1999
    pambo1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!!

My name is Pam (pambo1999). I am currently 173.4 lbs and my goal is to be in the 160 -150s. I am not a big exercise person, but I like to walk and would eventually like to learn to run. Like most women, my downfall is chocolate and no i do not plan on giving it up, but can survive on moderation.

I am completing this challenge with 2 co - workers, Susie and Torrie! I just hope I can keep up with them! I look forward to meeting and encouraging all of you throughout this challenge. GO TEAM PURPLE!!!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi Purple team! I realized I forgot to putmyself on a team, so I will be joining you! We had two members that havent given me starting weights, so we may be losing them but thats ok!

Im shelley and the leader of this challenge (but not your coach :laugh: ) Im 31, married for 2 years and live in and extremely rural area with nothing to do. I work as a marine biologist and have issues with managing stress which I think is why I have some weight issues. Im not terribly overweight as I am 5'7" and weigh ~150, but I feel much better about myself when I am in the upper 130s. If I could lose 12 pounds this challenge I'd be very happy.

I'm an active person, but lazy. I run half marathons but dont train for them. Every time I do one I'm all motivated to start working out and get in shape, but it only lasts about a week. I haver a gym membership and go maybe once a week tops. My goal for this challenge is to attend every lunchtime workout i can at work (the ladies here have started doign leslie sandsone's walk away the pounds a couple days a week) and to make better use of my gym time. Im really going to try upping my water intake as well!

I posted the offical challenge this morning, but I'll post it here as well.

*********Recap********
    1) Determine your team’s weigh in day and how you are supposed to report (ie PM, in the team thread, directly to the spreadsheet)
    2) Report your weight and challenge completion by your teams established date (may be earlier than official weigh in time). Make sure you are aware of what that time is for you locally as it may be different.
    3) Post your “why” in the “Week 1 official thread”. This is a statement about why you are here and why you want to lose weight. Challenge this week is only reported as C (completed) or NA (not attempted.
    4) Optional physical challenge : http://www.sparkpeople.com/assets/uploads/commercial_infographic.jpg
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hi all - i'm katie and shelley just added me to your team & i'm so over the top excited because my favorite color is purple!!!! & i wear it all the time (well, almost).

i'm 50 years old and want to release 30 - 35 pounds; my starting weight is 161 pounds. i live up in the rocky mountains and it's already started snowing this season so i'm definitely gonna need to watch my eating this winter (we had absolutely no fall season, it went right from summer to winter - ok maybe we had fall weather for 2 weeks) and i want to start doing things outside this winter so really want to get in better shape to feel comfortable doing that. i just had a body composition 'test' done this morning and i've moved from the obese category with regards to body fat % to the average category... not really so concerned with the category, just excited that my BF % is decreasing which can only be good!

i'm gonna run through and add y'all as friends yet if i miss anyone, please add me. and i'm gonna read all about y'all - to catch up on who's on the team. looking forward to a great season 15 - i love the fact that the trainers actually got to pick the contestants this season... should be an interesting season!
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, Purple Team!!! My name is Melissa but I usually go by Mell. I just turned 35 and have two teenage children. I work with kids and am working on my Bach. in Education. I currently work in a preschool...but would love to work with middle schoolers.
    I don't know what my goals are at this point in time. I would like to go in to see my Endocrinologist and have him notice a change in my weight and my a1c. I would really like to reverse my diabetes. I want to eat healthier and feel better. I want to exercise more and actually enjoy it.
    I am looking forward to this journey and hope you all are willing to work together to hold each other accountable.
    Mell
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am Susie Johnson from Brenham, Texas. I am 37 years old.

Married to my husband James for 12 years. We have two boys (8 and 4). My four year old is a wild one.. Hard to keep up with.

Back in the day, I was a runner. I was a whopping 135 pounds and at that time I thought I was fat... Boy I was wrong... I gained and gained. I did the biggest loser challenge last season and I actually go to wonderland at 199. But again I weigh 222 pounds.

My biggest weakness is... I work out but I become completely lazy. I like to eat and I never know when enough is enough unitl I am so full my stomach hurts.

Recently we have started a walking group at work. So far two weeks in a row, we have walked three times each week. Thanks Pam!!!

THE WHY
    I want to lose weight for me. When I am exericising, my mood is better and I feel better.

I want to lose weight for my boys. I want to be a role model for my boys. The other day, another child asked my son, why is your mom so fat? Is she lazy? That is not what I want my boys to see. I want my boys to say, mom, lets go out and play instead of playing on video games.

I want to be that "sexy mama" for my Husband. It is awesome when you see that "you are hot" look in your man's eyes.

I want to run again. I was a cross crounty runner in High School and I was good. It is really hard for me to run right now due to my weight.

I want to take a family picture in the spring.

Look for to a great Biggest Loser Season!
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What is our weigh in day?
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello team...sorry for the delay...Due to a misunderstanding, I didn't realize I was team captain until last night. So Sorry. :)
    The question of weigh in day has been raised and I would like your input. What day works for ya'll? For this week, let's have everyone get weights to me by Monday evening by 10:00. If we need to change that for future weeks, we can, but that gives us a time for this week. I am also going to start a thread for this week's challenge. I would like for you to each post your reply there and whether or not you completed the optional challenge for this week. Thanks for your patience.
    Mell