What will happen when you come off carb cycling?

Daisy80
Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
Hello all

I am currently in my first week of carb cycling. I am following the classic cycle. My problem is that I have recently sworn my self never to go on a diet again but rather just eat healthy and exercise. I have tried so many diets and all that has happened is that i feel of the wagon and gained even more back. So that had to stop. I do like the idea of the carb cycling but I am worried what will happen once I reached my goal weight. I know Chris Powell address that in the book and suggests the easy cycle for maintenance but what if I don't want to carb cycle for ever. Or what if I go on holiday for 2 weeks and might not be able to stick to the plan as well? Will I gain?

I am just worried to gain back weight that I lost. Does anyone have expression with that? What happened when people stopped the cycling but continued to eat healthy with the odd treat...any input would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Replies

• Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    It's probably in the book about maitenance, but i borrowed it from the library and no longer have it.
    I lost a bunch of weigh and have kept it off for 1.5 years now. I recommend finding a workout plan ( i assume you already workout from your profile pic) and keep working out for the rest of your life as well as stay away from processed food and junk... lol.. seriously.. I tend to follow what Dr Mercola calls the Protein Type for my lifetime maintenance. I tried to do good carbs beans, lentils, sweet potato and it made me gain 8 lbs in about 4 months so I learned my lesson. Check out his site, its free and you can answer the questions for nutritional typing and see which category you fall under.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it. I will check out the website you have mentioned. I suppose once I reach my goal weight I will try out what works best for me....

And actually it's not me in my profile pic...It is Marilyn Monroe :smile: