New to Group

Options
Hi everyone!

Today is my first day of the classic cycle and I'm excited to start this plan! I was happy to find a group of others working the same program.

I'm a 35 year old mother of two. Started my weight loss at 316 pounds and have lost 29 pounds so far through calorie deficit and exercise. I'm hoping this plan will get me out of the rut I have been in.

Friend requests are welcome--support from others in the same boat sure would help. :happy:

Replies

• Crusnsusn
    Crusnsusn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started carb cycling today. How has it been going for you? I'm 41, stay at home mother of two. I have close to 100 lbs to lose. Would love to hear if you're having success!
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started carb cycling yesterday. I am a 27 year old stay at home mother of two. I have about 35lbs to lose. How is it going for you all? It is certainly making me much more aware of what I am eating! I had always just watched calories before but never paid much attention to the type of calories I was eating. I'm finding making a weekly meal plan for me family with this program challenging but so far so good.
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined this group today, trying to find people who are doing (and succeeding) following one of Chris Powell's carb cycle plans. I am still reading the book, but did a HC day today - and will do a LC day tomorrow. I am hoping to lose about 20-25 pounds.

How is it going for you?
  • cheerbear2241987
    cheerbear2241987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi, I also have 100 plus to lose, started on Monday, its had it's moments but so far so good :) feel free to add me.
  • rusav
    rusav Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I just joined MFP few hours ago and I found this group. I have a copy of 'Choose to lose'. I have read the book but I haven't started with the 7 day carb cycle nor exercises yet. I hope to start on Monday 21st all things being equal. I'm a Registered nurse (I work only night shifts) and a mother of 2 kids. I hope to lose about 100lbs . It'll be motivating and encouraging to read about your journey. Please add me as a friend if you wish. I have no friends here at the moment.
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just bought the Kindle version of the book today and I have decided to follow the turbo plan. I did low carb yesterday so I'm on day 2 of low carb today.

I'm a little older than most of you. I'm a 58 year old RN who works nights so sticking to any healthy eating plan is often a challenge. I'm very healthy and active and I want to lose about 45 more pounds. My husband and I have a 2 week vacation coming up the last week of April and I want to reach my goal by then.

I look forward to losing with all of you :happy:
  • cheerbear2241987
    cheerbear2241987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am one week into it and lost 6lbs. Very fast weight loss. :)