Garmin connect

Options
ummmmm84
ummmmm84 Posts: 50 Member
Hi

I got myself a garmin to run with. If anyone wants would like to add me it's Claire-84

Happy running

Replies

• mitchyinge
    Options
    I think I've successfully added you . . . will wait and see what happens
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    Morning I have confirmed one this morning is it you?
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    I mean do you use the same name on there?
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    no, it's my actual name - it says we are connected, so should start to see one another's activities on the dashboard as and when we upload them?

eta - have changed profile pic so it's the same as here, and you should be able to see how old and slow I am now!
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    Yep we are connected. Mine tends to be the same route so won't be very exciting lol. I'm trying to concentrate on going faster at the minute.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Request sent!

I only have one other friend at the moment so hoping to get some more to motivate me!
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Add me! My running profile: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/lauramuse
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    I've made a group on Garmin, I don't know if that might be easier? It's called UKMFPers which is not the most inspired name!
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    I will have a look tomorrow me and my Garmin have a hate hate relationship i have to click 10 times for it to connect and download my runs that's when it's not stopped working half way round because it has run out of juice even tho I didn't use it that often

I seem to be really slow compared to everyone I see on my friends list even the newbe runners.

I'm very much an evening runner even if I don't like it. I run in the morning and I really feel the lack of energy and food.
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    Request sent lauramuse

I think I have sent a request for the group has a skeleton for group pic : )
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    yes is prob not the best pic, someone tagged me in it on FB :O

(I don't know how groups work though?)
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I will have a look tomorrow me and my Garmin have a hate hate relationship i have to click 10 times for it to connect and download my runs that's when it's not stopped working half way round because it has run out of juice even tho I didn't use it that often

I seem to be really slow compared to everyone I see on my friends list even the newbe runners.

I'm very much an evening runner even if I don't like it. I run in the morning and I really feel the lack of energy and food.

I only got my Garmin a few weeks ago so I'm still figuring it out but the data transfer does seem to be slow. I clicked it loads the first few times, thinking it wasn't working but it's just really slow. I also charge it after every run.

Speaking of slow - don't worry too much about speed if you're fairly new to running. As you increase your distance on your long run, you'll naturally increase your shorter distance speed and if you want to work on it, add a day of speedwork into your routine with tempo runs, strides, fartlek etc.

I've recently had a hip injury and am feeling lots of aches and pains in general so I'm working on strengthening my poor weak body over the winter and am hoping to see improvements in the spring. I'm running my first half marathon on 2nd March!
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've requested to join the group - my garmin broke in the summer so bought a new one and need to get back into using it regularly.
    I don't have any friends so don't know what difference it makes having friends or being in a group - hopefully it'll help motivation.
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    sent a request to lauramuse too, and I think steve2kay and ummmm84 need to adjust their privacy settings to make their profiles visible to connections - then your activities should appear in the group, and we can all pat one another on the back etc

I wonder if we can set group goals, in the same way as you can individually, hours or miles or whatever a week?
  • steve2kay
    Options
    Has anyone been using this for a while - I'm sure it used to tell me which run contained my fasted km, mile etc. now it seems that you have to run that distance (and stop) in order for it to be included in the fasted km stats.

I'd quite like to know how fast my fasted km is, is this information somewhere else?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • steve2kay
    Options
    sent a request to lauramuse too, and I think steve2kay and ummmm84 need to adjust their privacy settings to make their profiles visible to connections
    done mine - thanks.
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    Has anyone been using this for a while - I'm sure it used to tell me which run contained my fasted km, mile etc. now it seems that you have to run that distance (and stop) in order for it to be included in the fasted km stats.

I'd quite like to know how fast my fasted km is, is this information somewhere else?

Thanks,
    Steve

I don't know, am very new to it too and haven't explored much beyond how far I ran. where and how long it took - when you say fasted do you mean fastest? I have to edit each activity manually to say whether I did it in a fasted state or not.
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    oh I can see your personal records now! that was a LONG bike ride!
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    Morning all. Think you can see my runs now? I didn't have any friends either I'm look for people to motivate and push me to go that little bit further not neccassarly commenting on all the things I do but asking the question could I have gone that little bit further.

I've been running for a while now but I did two runs in the same day a 10k and then a 5k and it really took it out of me. It was so hot as well. It has taken me a while to get over them and me able to run again for say 30mins I got up to an hour and 10mins. I have a few conditions that don't really help especially with fatigue but I will not let them get in my way. I don't have races planned yet but I'm looking at some for next year. This I feel has effected my training as I have nothing really to aim for. Very long term I would like to run an ultra and maybe do a triathlon.

Think I might get into a route with charging the watch. In the Callander part I surprised it does not say what people have done is that more for challenges or sort of group runs so to speak

Also how do you no what your heart rates should be set at?
  • steve2kay
    Options
    I don't know, am very new to it too and haven't explored much beyond how far I ran. where and how long it took - when you say fasted do you mean fastest? I have to edit each activity manually to say whether I did it in a fasted state or not.

Yeah I meant "fastest" and I realised I'm getting mixed up between endomondo - which says your fastest km was on the 3rd of June as part of a 5 k run - and garmin which only counts your fastest 1 km if you only run 1km.