Purple Team Week 1

Options
mmommaj
mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
Alright, Purple. This is where I would like you to post your responses for this weeks challenges: your Why and optional exercise challenge. Thank you much, team.
Mell

Replies

• mmommaj
    Options
    Just a reminder of our first steps...:)

1) Determine your team’s weigh in day and how you are supposed to report (ie PM, in the team thread, directly to the spreadsheet)
    2) Report your weight and challenge completion by your teams established date (may be earlier than official weigh in time). Make sure you are aware of what that time is for you locally as it may be different.
    3) Post your “why” in the “Week 1 official thread”. This is a statement about why you are here and why you want to lose weight. Challenge this week is only reported as C (completed) or NA (not attempted.
    4) Optional physical challenge : http://www.sparkpeople.com/assets/uploads/commercial_infographic.jpg

Question: Are you all okay posting your weights in a group thread?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,291 Member
    Options
    It works for me posting my weight here! Just wondering though we ONLY can have either Sun or Mon for weigh in day, right!
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight for me. When I am exericising, my mood is better and I feel better.

I want to lose weight for my boys. I want to be a role model for my boys. The other day, another child asked my son, why is your mom so fat? Is she lazy? That is not what I want my boys to see. I want my boys to say, mom, lets go out and play instead of playing on video games.

I want to be that "sexy mama" for my Husband. It is awesome when you see that "you are hot" look in your man's eyes.

I want to run again. I was a cross crounty runner in High School and I was good. It is really hard for me to run right now due to my weight.

I want to take a family picture in the spring.
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have several "why's", but FREEDOM is the big one. Chronic pain has put many limitations on my life for a lot of years. I have some permanent damage to my spine that I will always have to live with. But less weight means less pain, and less pain means more freedom to live my life the way I want to. This is my time to put fitness and weight loss at the very top of my priority list.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    i am here because i am tired of being disappointed every time i go shopping or look in the mirror. i want to be here for my kids for a long time, i use to be skinny and healthy and i would love that again. i hate to say this and i love my mother dearly but i dont want to end up like her, she was skinny and now is obese and cannot get around and has a ton of health issues not to mention cancer.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    i have no problem posting my weight here, i usually weigh in monday mornings but i am very flexable. as for the extra challenge i must have missed it first time reading it, i will try to get it accomplished today but i usually dont watch much tv, i only have certain shows i like to watch but i will do my best.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I want to get back at my goal weight of 137 and stay within 3 or 4 pounds! I would also like to have more control of my diet on weekends! My fitness goal is to be able to complete my half marathon in Nov!
  • pambo1999
    pambo1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My motivation......

I have always joked that I was going to die from a stroke, heart attacks, and/or cancer, because that is what my family tree is blessed with.

My mother is a cancer survivor for 10 years and counting. My dad's mother was a cancer survivor for many years, but her cancer came back about 2 years ago and she last her battle this January. Both of my grandfathers have suffered strokes and my mom's mother had multiple heart issues.
    Another piece to the family puzzle, is that my father was diagnosis with diabetes, about two years. We have be able to manage his levels with diet and medications.

Several years ago, I received treatment for Endometrosis and it caused me to gain about 10 -15 pounds. I looked in photos and hated the way I look to the point where I hate taking pictures. I actually hide from a photographer, at a friends wedding, a year ago.

I am doing this for me! I want to be healthy, happy with myself, and not hide from a camera. I am doing this for my health because I don't not want to put my family through everything we have dealt with, again. I doing this because I would like to become a runner and join in some of these mud runs, color runs, glow runs, etc. that look so fun and make you want to take a photo of yourself. Overall, My life is my motivation!
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just want to cry! I weighed myself this morning and I am up 3 pounds! :(

I started exercising this week, reduced the amount I eat and I gained weight... Urg!!!! How frustrating!!!

So Sorry Purple Team

Starting weight: 222.7
    Current weight: 225

What is worse, I am 10 pounds away from my first pregnancy weight.
  • pambo1999
    pambo1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, purple team I have not done so well this week and have gained, not much, but it is still a gain.

Starting weight: 173.4
    Today's weight: 173.6

I need to get back into the routine of logging foods and walking with co-workers and eating right!
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    weight - 159 lbs

i'll post my why later today - just have a busy day & may not get to it till this evening. and should we also post it in the main thread?

i haven't done the commercial thing because i tend to record my shows & ff thru the commercials...

katie
  • torreyking75
    Options
    My startting weight: 290
    My current weight 290

I want to lose weight so that I can feel better about myself. I have been diagnosed with depression by 2 different doctors in the past 6 months and I refuse to take medication. I believe that weight plays a big part in the way I feel.
    I have 2 children who depend on me daily. I have to be there for them. I have one child with special needs and in order for me to keep him healthy I have to remain healthy.,
    I want to be comfortable and confidenrt.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    well I gained this week also - 151.9. Im not suprised because i have not been following my own advice - havent worked out at all, didnt eat healthy and my water intake is severly lacking.

I also got a new scale this week, but im pretty excited about that. Its a fitbit aria scale and also tracks body fat and BMI. My old scale supposedly did body fat also but I think it was very off....it had me at about 19%. This one has me at 31%!!!! I think its more accurate though, based on photos of women online at that body fat percentage. So thats going to be a big goal for me...my weight has always been just a couple pounds in the "overweight" range but I dont want body fat % being that high. So gtime to step it up and get things going!

I havent posted my why in the main thread yet (remember it also has to be posted there, so make sure you let mommaj know you posted there as well) but will do it shortly!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    here's the why i posted in the main thread:

Here's my why. I have always been pretty healthy and a good athlete. I played soccer and lacrosse in college and i run half marathons pretty frequently. When i do play soccer these days, im stull quick and running around the people younger than me. My weight isnt expecially out of control but is a little higher than it should be. My issue is that I am not healthy. I am not taking care of myself. Im not going to be able to continue to run around and act like im 22 for much longer if i dont take better care of myself. My body fat percetage is about 10% higher than i thought it was and I need to get that under control. I feel better about myself in so many ways when I eat better and am exercising and want to get back to the point where it feels natural to be doing that because I know I feel much happier when I am
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    my why: i want to feel healthy. like i'm in shape enough to take up skiing (given that i live in the colorado rockies) and snowshoeing and water sports in the summer. i want to enjoy looking great in clothes and i want to enjoy being admired/appreciated by men. i really just want to take care of me, at this point, and to me that looks like releasing weight and eating foods that my body actually likes and responds positively to. also, i love this group - it was fantastic support last 'season' and i hope this one too.

i think david (the widower) is my favorite - probably because i can relate so much to his journey and empathize with him. it was so great when he lost 40 lbs last week.
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Weight check-in: 213
  • mmommaj
    Options
    Good Evening team. I just wanted to respond to the question about weigh in dates. As far as I understand...it does not matter what day you actually weigh-in...I just need to have your weights by Tuesday evening. I would say that if you want to weigh-in on a different day just make sure it is between Wednesday and Tuesday Morning. You should probably weigh-in on the same day at the same time of day under the same set of circumstances...i.e. I usually weigh in the morning after I take my shower in my underwear....(TMI I know but it shows what I mean)
    Please don't feel bad about a gain this week. I see this as a starting point and we need to look for little successes. Tell me some way you succeeded this week. I would also like for you to share a helpful tip you use to help you through your day.
    A new episode of Biggest Loser is on tomorrow...I can't wait.
    Personally, I am struggling with my why. I am still trying to work through this. I don't want to be superficial in my response...I want to really find the meat of why I want to lose weight and take this journey.
    Mell
  • mmommaj
    Options
    I want my main why to be to Glorify God. I would love to go on a missions trip but don't feel as though my health would allow me to. I have diabetes and struggle with my blood sugars. I also don't have the stamina I would need to work and be a part of things. I am supposed to be an example for my kids (both my own and the ones I teach in Sunday School) but I turn to food before I turn to God. I don't want that to be the case. I want God to be the focus of my life and I can't do that when I am addicted to food. I hate my food addiction. I hate not feeling anything because I am so "drugged" up on food. I want to be here for my kids.
    I need to do this for me, because it will allow me to be the person God wants me to be and to be on this earth long enough to become that person.
    I hope this isn'tt too preachy...but it is real and it is me.
    Mell
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Starting weight: 146.8
    Current weight: 144.8 (-2)

Lost two pounds, yay! I'm about 7 pounds from my goal,weight!
  • mmommaj
    Options
    Sorry for the lateness