Newly Sleeved Carepack

Options
HMD7703
HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
It has been over two years for me, so your input would be greatly appreciated.

I am putting together a "Carepack" for my friend that is having her Sleeve done next week. Here are some things I want to add, please let me know any ideas/suggestions for the package!

- Pantry Selections protein coffee sample (powder sample bag)
- ISOPure samples (RTD bottles in a few flavors)
- Syntrax Nectar Sample bag (powdered samples)

Maybe some cans of chicken broth? Or Unjury broth? I didn't like the Unjury very much. What about magazines or just some stuff to take her mind off the pain and not being able to eat?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• 0Caligirl0
    0Caligirl0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see, since I'll be getting sleeved in Nov/Dec this year!
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    crystal light packets, BariBottle or sports drink bottles, SF Jello and puddings
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    See if medicines are available in liquid form. Otherwise crushable (but some taste really bad). SF popsicles. Yes on the broth, so good to have something warm & savory to offset the cold & sweets. Also, miso soup, and any clear soup, that has the solids strained out of it.
  • therejohn
    therejohn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Straws or small medicine cups for liquid in the first couple of weeks. I still use straws months out!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    And I found a "nurse's watch" by Casio that you can set to go off at 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minute intervals. It was invaluable to remind me to drink water, and eventually it got to be natural.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My surgeon's office gave me a water bottle that I keep on my desk at work to remind me to drink and because of the measurments on the side I can see how many ounces I have done and how many are left. Makes it much easier to get in all my water that way.
  • godsnurse1
    Options
    Hi ! I'm new to this but just reaching out since I am looking at a possible Nov/Dec sleeve date! feeling super excited/nervous,
    just seeking out any tips/support ;)
  • bunfrey
    Options
    a small spoon and a small bow and plate are two thing I still couldn't live without (I'm two months out). A 6 pack of no sugar added apple sauce will be something that your friend will need the first two weeks after surgery. Maybe a few cans or bottles of "pure protein" or another brand of high protein low calorie shake, for times when she doesn't have the time or energy to make her own shake and needs to get some protein in. A box of broth, they have lots of great flavors now. A box of sugar free hot chocolate would be nice with the cold weather coming.

A few people mentioned straws. My Doctor doesn't allow straws, carbonated beverages or caffeine. So make sure you check with your friend on what her Doctors recommendations.
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Some extracts to mix up the flavors of protein shake (coconut, almond, raspberry)
    teeny tiny bowl and plate
    instant decaf starbucks via packs if shes a coffee drinker
    Liquid Tylenol
    a shaker bottle
  • LessofaLargeMarge
    Options
    CHAPSTICK.... that stuff saved my life in the hospital!