Starting Over... TODAY

Options
Hello everyone. Like yourselves I have been on and off the wagon for awhile. I wake up with a "can do" attitude... only to start off really good but never finish. My biggest problem is setting unrealistic goals... looking at where I want to be in the end instead of pacing myself. I think I failed myself because of that. TODAY I make a promise to myself to not "rush" the process and be more realistic with my health. It took longer than overnight for me to get at this weight so its gonna take more than overnight to lose it. From this day forward I will create REALISTIC monthly goals, be a little more patient, and not be so hard on myself. I wish everyone the best of luck in their journey to a healthy life!!!

Replies

• brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That is the best attitude to have! Setting smaller, realistic goals is how I got to where I am! All about time, patience and commitment! You have a new outlook so you will def succeed with your goals :)
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    That's the best way to look at it. You have to think of the whole picture to remind yourself how you got where you are. And I completely agree with the small goals. I have my first small goal to accomplish by the end of the year. And a bigger goal to accomplish by the summer. Both are really realistic and don't require that I lose a lot or lose it quickly. I think that's another important thing is finding what works for you and what pace you are comfortable at. I've been trying at this for over a year now and I'm definitely not where I want to be, but I've kept a good chunk of what I lost off and that's what matters. Find new healthy habits to replace the old bad ones. Pat yourself on the back for even the smallest of victories and just take it day by day. Glad to have you in our group. Feel free to add, chat and whatever else will help. We have a great group of ladies that are super helpful so far :D
  • D3boRah_L33
    D3boRah_L33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your kind words and encouragement. Its always good to know that someone has your back and that there are people that understand the struggle.
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your kind words and encouragement. Its always good to know that someone has your back and that there are people that understand the struggle.

Most definitely!!! That's what this group is all about :flowerforyou:
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My declaration- I'm starting over- today! after seeing pictures and videos of myself, after feeling my sciatica back pain start again, after realizing I need to give more to my kids.

Healthier choices, pre planning, and exercise, starts today.