Support Board - Help! I need some motivation!

Options
The support boards are here for when you need them. They do not count for points or anything. Just post to them when you could use some help in this area & let your teammates support you in your journey!

You will know someone has posted something new as boards appear in the order of the most recent posting. So if you see that someone has posted recently, please check it out & see if you could offer some encouragement or advice to a teammate to help them continue to be successful in their own journey. I seem to remember a common theme on the Biggest Loser show of passing it on...

Keep on keeping on!

Replies

• comittobethin
    comittobethin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So, this weekend, I went completely off the chart. I have been over eating, eating the wrong types of food and basically not caring. I skipped my group class today which is not like me and I feel completely miserable about myself. I know I need to get back on track and thankfully my mistakes haven't shown up on the scale yet, but I am scared of falling back in to my old patterns again. I am so much happier when I eat right and work out but that never seems to matter when I have my eye on that burger at the restaurant. Any motivational advice to get me back on track faster?
  • palmerb2
    palmerb2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So, this weekend, I went completely off the chart. I have been over eating, eating the wrong types of food and basically not caring. I skipped my group class today which is not like me and I feel completely miserable about myself. I know I need to get back on track and thankfully my mistakes haven't shown up on the scale yet, but I am scared of falling back in to my old patterns again. I am so much happier when I eat right and work out but that never seems to matter when I have my eye on that burger at the restaurant. Any motivational advice to get me back on track faster?

My weekend has been bad too but I am taking the "live in the now" approach to it. Tomorrow is a brand new day and a new chance to start over. Don't dwell on what has happened as you cannot change it but you can make the choices you want tomorrow.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are over thinking it? you have any small goals ? I buy myself a nice pair of shoes every 20 pounds. and maybe if you need it you can do something smaller every 10 pounds ? like a scarf or cute socks ( I love socks )

Motivation is something that we can find in every day normal situations, seriously you can celebrate not drinking a soda or not eating French fries when you wanted them ....

come on you can do this .look at the motivation board ,some of those little quotes are amazing. Picture what you imagine you will look like when you have lost your 160 pounds ....every morning ,think about it with your eyes closed before you get out of bed imagine what you will do to accomplish this. Then ask yourself when you are about to do something that you maybe should not ask ,is this going to get me closer or farther from my goal?

We all lose motivation at time ,but you need to strive to find it because it's all you ...You are strong !!
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    On the Pinterest board for "Motivation", there's a graphic that i think of from time to time that helps me in cases like this. I just remind myself what it was like before i started on this journey. We all fall off the wagon once in a while, the right and best thing to do is *get back on* and continue down the path towards success.

xAgqb76.jpg
  • comittobethin
    comittobethin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your encouraging words. I stopped the vicious binge cycle and am now back on track. Thank you so much!!