Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,899 Member
    Options
    22i61y.jpg

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Yogurt Cupcakes
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 12 • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 114.1 • Fat: 4.6 g • Carb: 13.8 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Protein: 3.8 g • Sugar: 6.5
    Sodium: 56.8

Ingredients:

12 reduced fat vanilla wafers
    8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
    2 large egg whites
    1 tbsp all purpose flour
    3/4 cup pumpkin butter or pumpkin pie filling

Directions:

Heat oven to 350°.

Line cupcake tin with liners. Place a vanilla wafer at the bottom of each liner.

Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat-free yogurt, egg whites and flour. Do not over beat. Pour into cupcake liners filling half way.

Top each with 1 tbsp of the pumpkin butter. Using a toothpick, swirl the pumpkin butter into the cream cheese mixture for a marbling effect.

Bake 25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Chill a few hours in the refrigerator before serving.

I went to Trader Joes a couple weeks ago and came back with 3 bags of JUST pumpkin food! Hubby says I'm starting to turn orange! :laugh: :laugh:
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite snacks Nature Valley Trail Mix Fruit & nut Bars. ! bar is 140 cals and sodium is only 65mg
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    6ozqxz.jpg

Well, mine doesn't look quite as nice as this picture -- but I won't be making it again until Monday so wanted to post something enticing anyways! I've been having this for breakfast in place of protein powder shakes as I really can't stand the texture of them. Love starting my day with this!

Strawberry-Banana Protein Smoothie - no protein powder!

1 c Dole frozen strawberry banana bland fruit
    1 c Silk TrueAlmond unsweetened vanilla
    3/4 c Presidents Choice Greek Yogurt - 0% MF - Plain
    6 ice cubes

Blend until smoothie texture.

240 cals, 35 carbs, 20g protein, 250mg sodium
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    116ufxk.jpg

Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/lemon_poppy_seed_cake.html
    From EatingWell: May/June 2008, Summer 2004, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008), The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
    We love that Bundt cakes don't demand frosting—just let a sweet lemon glaze run over the poppy-seed cake and you've got perfection.

16 servings | Active Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 1/4 hours

Ingredients

Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake
    •1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour, (see Note)
    •1 cup all-purpose flour
    •1/4 cup poppy seeds,toasted (see Tip)
    •1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    •1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    •1/4 teaspoon salt
    •1 cup buttermilk, (see Tip)
    •1/4 cup canola oil
    •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    •2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
    •2 tablespoons lemon juice
    •2 large eggs, at room temperature (see Tip)
    •2 large egg whites, at room temperature
    •1 1/4 cups sugar

Lemon Glaze
    •3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
    •3 tablespoons lemon juice
    •1 tablespoon water

Preparation
    1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan, preferably nonstick, with cooking spray and dust with flour (or use cooking spray with flour).
    2.Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice in a glass measuring cup.
    3.Beat eggs, egg whites and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until thickened and pale, about 5 minutes.
    4.Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture with a rubber spatula, a third at a time, alternating with 2 additions of the buttermilk mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
    5.Bake the cake until the top springs back when touched lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
    6.To prepare glaze: Sift 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl; mix with lemon juice and water to create a thin glaze. Poke 1-inch-deep holes all over the cake with a skewer. Coat the warm cake with the glaze using a pastry brush. Let cool completely. To serve, set the cake on a serving plate and dust with confectioners’ sugar.

Nutrition

Per serving : 215 Calories; 6 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 2 g Mono; 27 mg Cholesterol; 38 g Carbohydrates; 5 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 146 mg Sodium; 70 mg Potassium

2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrates

Tips & Notes
    •Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: 10-inch (12-cup) Bundt pan, preferably nonstick
    • Note: Whole-wheat pastry flour is milled from soft wheat. It contains less gluten forming potential than regular whole-wheat flour and helps ensure a tender result in delicate baked goods while providing the nutritional benefits of whole grains. Store in the freezer. Sources: Available in large supermarkets and in natural-foods stores, and from King Arthur Flour, (800) 827-6836, bakerscatalogue.com, and Bob's Red Mill, (800) 349-2173, bobsredmill.com.
    • Tips: Toast poppy seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
    • No buttermilk? You can use buttermilk powder prepared according to package directions. Or make “sour milk”: the ratio is 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup milk.
    • To bring cold eggs to room temperature quickly, place in a mixing bowl and set it in a larger bowl of warm water for a few minutes; the eggs will beat to a greater volume.
    • To separate eggs safely: Use an egg separator, an inexpensive gadget found in cookware stores; separating eggs by passing the yolk back and forth between pieces of eggshell or your hands can expose the eggs to bacteria
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Sorry I could NOT copy pic & I am computer retarded!!
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    c4lnmMe.jpg

Pumpkin Soup
    Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy Servings: 8

Ingredients
    ◾2 whole Pie Pumpkins (not Jack O' pumpkins...)'
    ◾1 quart Vegetable Or Chicken Stock (buy LoSo version of canned, or make homemade and use Mrs. Dash or a low amount of Na)
    ◾1/2 cup Heavy Cream
    ◾1/3 cup Maple Syrup (I just used liquid stevia..1/4 tsp)
    ◾ Dash Of Nutmeg
    ◾ Extra Cream, For Serving

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place pumpkins on a cookie sheet and roast them until slightly shriveled and soft. Allow to cool slightly, then slice in half and carefully scoop out seeds and pulp. Scoop yummy flesh into a bowl. Set aside.

In a pot, heat up the pumpkin flesh with the stock and maple syrup until simmering. Mash out the big chunks, the transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender) and puree until velvety smooth. Add cream and nutmeg, then blend again.

Reheat if you need to, or just go ahead and serve in a hollowed-out pumpkin of whatever size you'd like.

for MY version with homemade stock & stevia, 1 serving is:
    177calories 13carbs 1fibre 5protein 12fat 184 Na
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is the recipe for a fruit and spinach smoothie that I drink every morning - the recipe makes two 16 ounce servings
    Only 37 grams of sodium and 197 calories.

Blend together in a blender:
    1 banana - 1 apple - 1 mango - 1 cup grapes - 2-3 cups spinach - 1 cup water
    add 1/2 scoop UNFLAVORED protein powder (I use whey protein) AND 1 teaspoon of matcha powder (found at tea distributors)

The smoothie is fruity and delicious - makes two servings.
    I usually make a blenderful at night and have two smoothies for the next two mornings. I LOVE these smoothies! They are so healthy and they keep me full a long time.

Enjoy!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    9a9680434914c631d7b57fdcf8dc7cd0_zpscf3851ee.jpg

Toasted Pecans with Cinnamon and Sugar

1 egg white
    1 Tbsp Water
    2 1/4 cups pecan halves
    1/2 white sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 225 F. Lightly grease rimmed baking sheet.

Combine egg white, water and beat until fluffy fold into pecans and mix thoroughly
    Combine sugar, salt and cinnamon in a shaker style cup, dust over pecans

Spread pecans over pan, bake until toasted and fragrant about 60 minutes, stir every 15 minutes.

Cool on pan and store in airtight container.

Serves 8 large servings

Although higher in calories, it is very low sodium and they are awesome to travel with or just have some in your handbag. Really satisfies both your hunger and sweet-tooth and stops you from making bad choices while away from home..

Per serving:

273 calories
    17 Carbs
    23 Grams Fat
    4 Grams Protein
    82 Grams salt

These are amazing, at Christmas you can add a bit of orange juice instead of water....
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    472269.jpg

Addictive Pumpkin Muffins

My family loves this recipe! I leave out the walnuts for personal preference.

INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup raisins
    1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose
    flour
    1-1/3 cups white sugar
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    2 eggs
    3/8 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
    1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/3 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with paper muffin liners. Soak raisins in hot water for ten minutes to plump, then drain.
    2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce, until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to make a smooth batter. Stir the raisins and walnuts into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
    3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Nutrition

Calories 207 kcal
    Carbohydrates 42.1 g
    Cholesterol 35 mg
    Fat 3.3 g
    Fiber 1.6 g
    Protein 3.6 g
    Sodium 237 mg
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This is something that I threw together from what I had in the fridge one day as a snack. It's cool, crunchy, and has a kick from the balsamic vinegar. I've also seen this with red onions, cheese, peppers, or fresh herbs.

Recipe name: Tomato and cucumber salad

IMG_9311-Copy_zpscb61cac4.jpg

Number of servings: Two 1 cup servings

Ingredients

Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 1 cup, pared, chopped
    Tomato - 1/4 Cup Chopped, 1 cup
    Wal-Mart Great Value - Balsamic Vinegar, 2 tbsp.

Just mix it all together and enjoy! Easy right? You could also seed both the cucumber and the tomato if you prefer.

Per Serving:
    Calories 35
    Carbs 7
    Fiber 2
    Protein 2
    Fat 0
    Sodium 6
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet but I'm gonna make it today. My grandpa gave me a bunch of acorn squash that I need to use so I thought I'd give this a shot.

AcornSoup_zps40260ca0.jpg

Ingredients
    Original recipe makes 6 servings

2 acorn squash, halved and seeded

water, as needed

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 large sweet onion, chopped

1 large carrot, peeled and chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock

1/4 cup half-and-half

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    2.Put squash into a baking dish with the cut side down. Pour enough water into the baking dish to cover the bottom.
    3.Bake in preheated oven until the flesh of the squash is easily pricked with a fork, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool until squash can be handled. Scoop flesh into a bowl and set aside.
    4.Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, and garlic in melted butter until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour chicken stock into the pot; add the squash.
    5.Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
    6.Pour mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth and return to pot.
    7.Stir half-and-half, nutmeg, and cinnamon through the blended soup; season with salt and pepper. Thin the soup with water if desired.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    LENTIL SOUP

39176.jpg

recipe makes 6 servings:

1 onion, chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 carrots, diced
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 bay leaf
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
    2 cups dry lentils
    8 cups water
    1/2 cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
    2 tablespoons vinegar
    salt to taste
    ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1.In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.

2.Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve stir in spinach, and cook until it wilts. Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired.

Nutrition
    Calories: 349 kcal; Carbohydrates: 48.2 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Fat: 10 g; Fiber: 22.2 g; Protein: 18.3 g; Sodium: 131 mg
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Source: www.myrecipes.com

5ujxar.jpg

Tomato Stacks
    • Perp Time: 15 minutes
    • Cook Time: 5 minutes
    • Total Time:
    • Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 tomato stack)
    Ingredients
    • 1 teaspoonolive oil
    • 2 small assorted color bell peppers, chopped
    • 1 large garlic clove, minced
    • 5 teaspoonsreduced-fat sour cream
    • 1 teaspoonprepared horseradish sauce
    • Olive oil cooking spray
    • 1 large egg white, beaten
    • 3/4 cuppanko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    • 4 medium firm-ripe heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 4 large slices
    • 1/4 cupbaby arugula

Preparation
    1. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook peppers and garlic, stirring until soft (about 4 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
    2. Combine sour cream and horseradish sauce. Chill until ready to use.
    3. Preheat broiler; coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place egg white and panko into separate shallow bowls. Dip tomatoes into egg white and coat in panko; place on prepared baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat about 1 minute or until panko is golden (turning after 30 seconds). Let tomatoes cool slightly on sheet.
    4. Alternate breaded and unbreaded tomatoes with 1 teaspoon pepper mixture, 1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce, and a few arugula leaves to create 4 stacks. Top with remaining unbreaded tomato slice and an arugula leaf
    Nutritional Information
    Calories per serving: 94
    Fat per serving: 2g
    Saturated fat per serving: 1g
    Monounsaturated fat per serving: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 0.0g
    Protein per serving: 4g
    Carbohydrates per serving: 16g
    Fiber per serving: 2g
    Cholesterol per serving: 3mg
    Iron per serving: 1mg
    Sodium per serving: 65mg
    Calcium per serving: 32mg
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    64588-1_jpg.jpg
    0005150024322_500X500.jpg
    Sara+Lee+Bread.jpg

One of my favorite snacks (and sometimes meal) is a PB&J sandwich. Two slices of this bread, 90 calories, 2 T of this peanut butter, 190 calories, and 1 T of this jelly (or your favorite), 50 calories. Sometimes, I use peach, too.

The macro numbers are in the following order: Calories Carbs Fat Protein Calcium Sodium

Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Deightful Wheat Bread, 2 Slices (45g) 90 19 1 5 6 170 

Jif - All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, Low Sodium, 2 T 190 8 16 7 2 80 

Smucker's - Cherry Preserves, 1 Tbsp 50 13 0 0 0 0

330 g calories :heart:
    40 g carbs
    17 g of healthy fat
    12 g protein
    8 g calcium
    250 g sodium :heart:

I had one for breakfast Saturday.

Edited because one of my pics didn't show.
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Sorry I could NOT copy pic & I am computer retarded!!

lol!
    @Verda - I added your pic for you ;-) looks yummy!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Made these last fall. Family has been asking for them for awhile now.

Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 16 • Serving Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 165.2 • Fat: 6.3 g • Protein: 3.3 g • Carb: 26.3 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Sugar: 13 g
    Sodium: 149.4 mg

Ingredients:
    1 cup all purpose flour
    2 cups quick oats
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( I personally doubled this :smile: )
    2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
    1 large egg
    6 tbsp canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.

Add the egg, followed by the pumpkin and vanilla extract.

Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the pecans.

Drop 1 tablespoon of the dough at a time onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.

Cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 32 cookies, 1 tbsp each.

Splenda Lovers: Substitute all the brown sugar with 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, and all the white sugar for 1/4 cup Splenda sugar blend. Points remain the same.

~~~~~~~

Also really good. I will post the original with the link then after what I did. Made these last week.

http://richestoragsbydori.blogspot.com/2012/03/no-bake-energy-bites.html?m=1

Ingredients

· 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (old-fashioned oats)
    · 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
    · 1/2 cup chocolate chips
    · 1/2 cup peanut butter
    · 1/2 cup ground flax seed
    · 1/3 cup honey
    · 1 tsp. vanilla

Method:
    Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
    Makes about 20-25 balls.
    Ali's Tip - From Gimme Some Oven

Substitution ideas can abound for just about any of these ingredients! Feel free to substitute in your favorite nut butter (almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.) for the peanut butter. And you could also add in some wheat germ in place of some or all of the flax seed. I would caution, though, against substituting agave nectar for the honey, as the honey’s thickness helps hold things together.
    The joy of these bites being “no bakes” is that this recipe is super flexible. If you end up needing to omit one of the dry ingredients (such as coconut or flax), just add in some extra of whatever other dry ingredient is remaining (for example, the oats). If you feel like your energy bites are too dry, just add in extra honey or peanut butter.
    Some other fun substitutions for the chocolate chips (or an addition to them) could include:
    · chopped dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.)
    · dried berries (cranberries, cherries, etc.)
    · chopped almonds, pecans, or sunflower seeds
    · other chips (butterscotch, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, etc.)

How I did it:

First i doubled the batch. I put all the dry in a in a zippy bag then added the wet after a combined the dry well. Then mixed in the wet and put in fridge to firm up. Then formed in balls and placed back in the bag. Mine still looked the same as the one from the blog.

Number of servings 91 balls 1 per serving
    Ingredients
    Great Value - 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats, 2 c
    Great Value - Sweetened Flaked Coconut(Net Carbs), 8 tbsp (15g)
    Hershey's - Special Dark Chocolate Chips, 8 tbsp.
    Kroger Peanut Butter - Creamy Peanut Butter, 16.5 tbsp
    Bob's Red Mill - Whole Ground Flax Seed Meal, 26 g (2 Tbsp.)
    Kroger - Hazelnut Spread With Cocoa and Made With Skim Milk, 5 Tbsp. (31g)
    Pb2 W/Chocolate - Powdered Peanut Butter, 4 Tbsp
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Premium Whey Protein-vanilla, 37 g/1 scoop
    Honey, 5 tbsp
    Per ball: Calories Carbs Sodium Protein Sugar Fiber
    Per Serving: 45 5 18 2 3 1

Edit: I tried to add even just one of the photos no can do. Sorry.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I love porridge and found this low sodium recipe on the My Good Food site, which I will try later this week.

Apple and Sultana porridge:

e99PJXx.jpg

Ingredients:
    100g porridge oats
    500ml skimmed milk
    4 apples, cored and diced
    100g sultanas
    1 tbsp brown sugar, to serve

Put the oats and milk in a small pan and cook, stirring, for 3 mins until almost creamy. Stir in the apples and sultanas, then cook for 2 mins more or until the porridge is thick and creamy and the apples just tender. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with sugar and eat immediately.

Nutrition per serving: kcalories 256; protein 9g; carbs 47g; fat 2g; saturates 1g; fibre 4g; sugar 34g; salt 0.2g
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    This is one I like to make. My kids love that I can change the shapes.

homemade goldfish crackers calories per piece small cutters

944408_10151509796472535_1871868845_n_zpsfb7c9b40.jpg

the pic is of a batch I made and they lasted for about 2 days before the kids ate them all.

All numbers are per cracker and can vary based on the number of cracker u make and the brand of ingredients u use. Using my ingredients I could easily eat 28 of these crackers and be under the sodium limit.

Makes 98 crackers using my cutters
    Calories 11
    Carbs 1
    Fiber 0
    Fat 1
    Protein 0
    Sodium 29

8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
    4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
    1 cup Flour
    ¾ teaspoons Salt
    2 Tablespoons Cold Water

Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
    Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
    Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.
    Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
    Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
    Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.

Here is the original website and she shows how u can make a fish shaped cutter.
    http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/09/homemade-goldfish-crackers/
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    There is some really yummy looking stuff on here!! And I'm noticing a pumpkin trend ;-) Those muffins look awesome!! ummmm and the crackers...my 22 year old son would love them!! Ohhhh Just Lots of Delicious looking items I have to definitely try a few!!

I've never had porridge....might be something to tryyyyyy ;-) Anyway I'm really liking the recipies! Thank You All!! And the pic make it like our own Low Sodium Cookbook!!!

@dzmikki - if you read this.....is yours something you've made and tried before? or just one you found....it looks really cool and good and good for you....but curious if you have 1st hand experience if its as delicious as it looks! And Fancy! Would be great for a party type thing!
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    120gqx2.jpg

Low Sodium Lentil Soup :)

1 onion, chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 carrots, diced
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 bay leaf
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
    2 cups dry lentils
    8 cups water
    1/2 cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
    2 tablespoons vinegar
    salt to taste
    ground black pepper to taste

Directions

In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.
    Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve stir in spinach, and cook until it wilts. Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired.