This time is so much harder

Options
KimberlyTG2
KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
Can I just whine for a min? :)
This pregnancy is so much harder than my first. I don't know if its my age or what. But I have had morning sickness a lot this past week. I have be nauseous, very sleepy, have heart burn and have had bad headaches almost everyday. I work full time and it is so hard to function when all I want to do is lay down and sleep. May is a long long way away.

Replies

• stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I will whine with you! My husband made the comment the other night that it was a good thing the first two pregnancies were nothing like this one because we would have been done having kids at 1. I tried to wean myself off of my anti-nausea medicine and did get myself down from 3-4 times a day to 1-2 times a day, but ran out of it this weekend. Holy moly was Sunday bad! And I am right there with you on the headaches. Luckily one tyenol will take care of them and I feel they are more muscle tension headaches as laying on my left side is killing me. I am a back sleeper and I hate being on my side.

I just keep hoping and praying couple more weeks and things will get better *fingers crossed*. My energy level has started to come back a little, so that was comforting this last week.
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    I hope today will be better. I tried to get more rest last night and I eat a nice size breakfast this morning. I usually feel good until mid morning
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there is any truth in the different sex baby, different pregnancy theory?? I had a girl almost 3 years ago and this pregnancy is very similar, wonder if thats because its another girl? My best friend had an easy first pregnancy with her boy and then second with her girl she was really really sick. Im lucky to have only tiredness to moan about but i make the most out of moaning about that ha ha!!
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there is any truth in the different sex baby, different pregnancy theory?? I had a girl almost 3 years ago and this pregnancy is very similar, wonder if thats because its another girl? My best friend had an easy first pregnancy with her boy and then second with her girl she was really really sick. Im lucky to have only tiredness to moan about but i make the most out of moaning about that ha ha!!

I don't know, but people keep telling me that this one is a girl for that reason. I'll believe it when I have an ultrasound. My first two were boys and I was not near as sick with their pregnancies as I have been with this one. I was sicker with my first child then my second, but nothing compared to this. So I hope the theory is correct, because all four of us are hoping for a girl.

ETA: I was told the reason was because of the double of female horomones from both our body and the baby girl's body. It makes sense in theory, but unsure if it is actually true or not.
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. First pregnancy with my son was surprisingly easy going, this time around I feel like I'm 90 and constantly on rough water. The weird thing is that all of my friends who just had or are having 2nd baby also have been really miserable. And the are all having girls. (last time around, we all had boys)
    Studies show that with severe morning sickness the chances are indeed greater for a girl. Oh, those hormones..

From NY times:"..... A number of large studies in various countries have examined the claim, and almost all have found it to be true, with caveats. Specifically, studies have found that it applies to women with morning sickness in the first trimester, and with symptoms so severe that it leads to hospitalization, a condition known as hyperemesis gravidarum.

One of the most recent studies was conducted by epidemiologists at the University of Washington. The scientists compared 2,110 pregnant women who were hospitalized with morning sickness in their first trimester and a control group of 9,783 women who did not get severely ill. They found that the women in the first group were more likely to deliver a girl, and that those who were the sickest — hospitalized for three days or more — had the greatest odds: an increase of 80 percent compared with the control women.

Other studies in The Lancet and the journal Epidemiology, among others, have repeated the findings. It is thought that certain hormones produced by female fetuses may be the culprit.

THE BOTTOM LINE

Severe morning sickness may indicate a higher likelihood that the baby will be a girl"

I don't know how many of us fall in this category, this is obviously extreme. Hopefully none here get/got so sick they need(ed) to be hospitalized. But it shows there is indeed a certain difference.
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    Well my son was pretty easy, with not one day of sickness... so we will see what we get in December
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Can I just whine for a min? :)
    This pregnancy is so much harder than my first. I don't know if its my age or what. But I have had morning sickness a lot this past week. I have be nauseous, very sleepy, have heart burn and have had bad headaches almost everyday. I work full time and it is so hard to function when all I want to do is lay down and sleep. May is a long long way away.

Ditto!!! I don't have the heartburn though. Just the all day nausea and it is kicking my butt most days!!!! Hopefully it will be over for us soon. I feel bad complaining because I did this to myself, LOL! We'll get through.
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday. Got to sleep in a bit, made breakfast for my family, cleaned house, did laundry and help host a baby shower for my niece. (I did sneak a short nap in). Unfortunately I'm back to work this morning and am starting this Monday out with a bad headache. I think it may be sinus related.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options

My morning sickness was the exact same for all three pregnancies - weeks 6-9, just nausea, no throwing up. Slightly different cravings, but honestly I was convinced I was having another boy since it was the same. Nope, boy then girl. This one, who knows?