Cheer Dad

Options
BigDaddyD72
BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
Not sure if anyone is still posting here or checking it. Looking at the threads it looks like it's been pretty quiet.
Anyway..... Yes I'm a cheer dad. We do exist lol. I have 3 girls and they are all involved with rec cheer (Bantam, 4th grade and 6th). My wife and I are the directors / coaches for our youngest's Bantam (1st & 2nd graders). Neither of us were cheerleaders in our pasts. But I was very big in sports and transistioned to love the sport (yes sport) of cheer. Luckily for us we have 3 amazing coaches from the high school that helps us.
Yesterday we had our first competition. We needed a score of 68 for a bid to state. We got a 67.9! So close. But one big problem we scored low in is tumbling. I just don't have it. Anyone have suggestions on basic tumbling to increase the rubric score? I have 13 girls. 3 1st graders, and 10 2nd graders and of the 13 girls 7 have no to little cheer experience at all. That being said I'm very proud of how my girls did. But I want the best for them. So, any suggestions is GREATLY appriciated.

Replies

• NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm an All Star cheer mom so I'm not so familiar with rec score sheets but I'd say to look up the ruberic they use to score and do whatever you can to maximize points with the tumbling you have. In All Stars, synchronized tumbling scores far higher than having the girls tumble one by one so that may be the way to go. Glad to hear you're enjoying the sport so much. Its a great one :)