Introduce yourself

Options
Honeytips
Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
Hi, I'm Honeytips and quite the sims addict, I've been playing for as long as there have been sims. Glad to have a group here where we can discuss and share everything sims related. Don't be shy, come in and introduce yourself! :smile:

Replies

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I've been playing since the day The Sims first came out. I absolutely loved the game through versions 1 and 2, though I admit I've cooled a bit since TS3 hit the scene. I'll play hardcore for a few weeks, and then may go a month or more without even loading the game. But I remain a simmer at heart.

My favorite way to play is to start with a single Sim, have them find their ideal mate in the game, start a family, and slowly climb the ladder of success from there. It can be a real challenge!
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've played since "The Sims" too. I think I had a little more fun with Sims2 than Sims3 but that doesn't stop me from spending hours playing it. I like to either play like you Rosie, and start one sim and marry her (usually) off and start a legacy (although I don't play by any rules, just like to keep the family going), OR I make sims of people I know. Right now I'm playing my fiance and me. I'm trying to get us maxed on every skill and complete every skill challenge. I have our life spans set to epic, haha.
  • ellliemaeee
    ellliemaeee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is the best group ever created on MFP. I've been playing Sims since the day the first ever Sims came out. I could be an addict, but I won't admit that ;)

By the way, I'm Elle.
  • tree850
    tree850 Posts: 12
    Options
    Greetings....
    I have been playing the Sims since day 1....
    They have really improved and I am a die hard fan til the end.. I even have my 13 year old daughter and 14 year old niece hooked on the Sims... I work full time and have two kids so I have to wait until the weekend to get my Sims on now but when I do get the free time its on like Donkey Kong. I like it now that you can add friends and send them gifts and perform if you have Showtime.
    I have to get my exercise on as well so I know that I can't play the sims when I get a free moment until I have sweated for at least 45 minutes..
    Good Luck with your weight journey and Simming
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Glad to meet everyone and hear your stories. Hopefully one day we will have a whole load of simmers. I'm the same as most - I just create a family and play with them, send them to work, have babies....just live. I'm not much for creating houses (all mine look like boxes with no imagination).

I'm also Honeytips across in thesims3.com so feel free to add me :)
  • tlaj305
    tlaj305 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a Sims addict...lol I have been playing sine the beginning when there was dial up and the game was extremely slow. It's nice to see I am not alone with this Sim addiction. :love:
  • cupicakeanberlin
    cupicakeanberlin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've never written in a forum on MFP, so I'm a bit shy and lost for words, but:

My name is Anberlin/Anber, I was very young when 'The Sims' came out, but I believe I started playing right before House Party came out, so not long after the base game came out! I was only little, and my dad had gotten it for me, and I haven't stopped simming since. I usually create my perfect wife and husband, motherload to fund a great house, maybe raise there skills and such if I'm playing Sims 2 (I don't know if you can do it in 3?). I do like 3 a lot more then 2, because of the more 'free roam' thing, and that people age around you, I just think that's rad. Recently my PC broke, so I just started getting to play again, although I'm lazy and haven't downloaded 3 on my computer yet, so I'm back to 2!

Ooops, I guess I'm not *that* loss for words :embarassed: :blushing: :ohwell:
  • Honeytips
    Options

Ooops, I guess I'm not *that* loss for words :embarassed: :blushing: :ohwell:

Love your words. It's sooo good to hear about other simmers love for the game and how much they open up!!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a Sims addict...lol I have been playing sine the beginning when there was dial up and the game was extremely slow. It's nice to see I am not alone with this Sim addiction. :love:

Hahahaha!! Oh yeah, I remember those days of dial up and though being mega frustrated back then I had no idea that the game could actually be faster :laugh:
  • mnj777
    mnj777 Posts: 17
    Options
    The best way to describe my love for sims would be: The only reason I'd miss working out is because I'm playing the sims. And I never miss working out. I'm a crazy simmer like- I know all the cheats, I know where to get custom content/mods, I have at least 60gb of custom crap for my sims. I've probably perfected my personal art of creating sims in CAS. Ever since I was like nine and I played the very first sims game I've been hooked. I even have a sims blog -_- A lot of people usually say "Why don't you do stuff in real life?" and I'm just like... I love sims man. What is real life?
  • cupicakeanberlin
    Options
    I love sims man. What is real life?

Is it that new cc I keep hearing about?
  • Honeytips
    Options

Hello newest members (waves)

@cupicakeanberlin - no, mnj777 was just saying it was her reply when people ask why she doesn't do real stuff instead of playing sims (in their opinon - unreal stuff).
    The new expansion pack coming out is University Life (whooooohoooohooooo) and the stuff pack out soon is 70s, 80s, 90s stuff -which honestly I'm not really feeling but will definitely buy!! :laugh:
  • cupicakeanberlin
    Options

@cupicakeanberlin - no, mnj777 was just saying it was her reply when people ask why she doesn't do real stuff instead of playing sims (in their opinon - unreal stuff).

Man, they need to invent a sarcasm font :embarassed:
  • Honeytips
    Options

Man, they need to invent a sarcasm font :embarassed:

lol!! Indeed!!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Salutations everyone. I'm Canniba and I'm a hardcore simmer. I started off playing Ts1 at a friend's house then later moved on to Bustin' Out on the ps2 (STILL my favorite ever!), and from there one I jumped straight into Ts2 as soon as it hit the shelves. I've played Ts3 but because my computer is incredibly ancient, I've decided to just wait until I can upgrade computers and then collect all of the Ts3 expansion and stuff packs.

I tend to play the game in rotations. I can go months without even clicking on anything Sims related and then overnight I'm pulling 'all nighters' and ditching reality just to play through. Another thing I am just awful with is the CC. I'm a fanatic! There really should be a self-control button that comes with my manual, lol.

Anywayyyys I doubt I'd get a response or anything, seeing as it has been a while since this group had any activity, but I just HAD to check it out because this group is so flippin' awesome! :tongue:
  • TheBabyRaider
    TheBabyRaider Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy to join I've grew up playing nothing but The Sims :-D on PC-GameCube-Wii Currently waiting for "The Sims 4":happy:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Ts4 looks like it's gonna be super awesome. I wonder what kind of expansion packs they are going to include this time.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Rachel and I've been playing TS since 2001 when TS1 was released. I am a sims addict, but only when a new installment comes about. Basically the way the game has been with the EPs I play enough and get bored. I'm looking forward to TS4 in Fall 2014. I hope to reach my weight loss goals by then as well as I'd like to drop 100lbs to keep my mind off of sim updates.