It's cooling off! Anyone wanna fitness hike?

Options
Cre8veLifeR
Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
In the morning, at South Mountain. It's supposed to be in the 70's all week in the AM so I definitely want to get some outdoor time in! Anyone want to meet up for a 5 mile fitness hike?

Replies

• tashaboo00
    tashaboo00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have plans this weekend but I would love to hike south mountain sometime. I am a novice, would like to try it though.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Maybe we can plan for Saturday morning :) Let's touch base later in the week -- we never know what our crazy weather will do!
  • Worthdyin4
    Options
    I'm getting to know the phoenix area....but as of right now my schedule is open...I would love to meet up and hike. Kiddos are on the bus by 8 am.....hit me up :)
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    ooh, that would be fun. I have steel toed hiking shoes, but I haven't found anyone to go hiking with.

Although, I have a neighbor that likes to go hiking. where is South Mountain?
  • tashaboo00
    tashaboo00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Theres an entrance near 44th st and baseline
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Im down for some hiking! I was obsessed with tucson trails, but since ive moved here i havent done any! i was wanting to do camelback.

add me as a friend, maybe we can get something going.
  • nauner
    nauner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Myself and a couple family members have been hiking the White Tanks on saturdays for the past few weeks. It will be ongoing almost weekly thing until it gets hot again. The White Tanks has some nice trails, but some people get turned off by the park entry fee ($6 a vehicle). They do have nice rest areas that are well maintained. There are many nice trails which can be combined and looped if needed for whatever skill level your at. When hiking with brother (older) and nephiew we take it at his pace, slower/easy ( I use a heavy pack to compensate). When im doing it solo (occasionally) I do the more difficult trails and/or faster pace (not to fast, just faster then the current family pace). Anyone is welcome to join us. Starting this saturday 10/26 we are starting at 6am (until its too cold to do so) when the park opens (best time to see occasional wildlife that strays over on the trail side). If interested let me know. I will find out what trail(s) were doing, and what trailhead to meet up at.