Season 4 - Ep. 2 - "Infected" 10/20/13

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 10/20/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-402-the-walking-dead-infected\

YouTube Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_CtpJtA2M4

Replies

• hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just got done watching the episode!! Love that they are droppong hints at Michonne's past. It got me putting puzzle pieces together for sure!!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This is getting GOOD!!! LOVED IT!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    t was sad to see Rick sacrificing his little piggies but I’m glad that it put him back into “Rick the Leader” mode. It was like the moment he put his holster back on, it was back to business.

I definitely think Michonne had a baby and maybe it was killed by her two walkers that she had with her. In a previous episode during a flashback of Michonne and Andrea in the woods during the winter she said something to the effect of “they were awful and deserved to die.”

I can’t believe that Carol was going to let the little girl quiet her own dad!! But I definitely thing that the little girl is the one feeding the zombies. She was more upset about Nick dying than her own dad dying.

I still have my suspicions about Bob possibly being the body burner. As an army medic maybe he saw something similar to this situation happen before and he knows the only way to stop it is to eliminate the threat.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I definitely think Michonne had a baby and maybe it was killed by her two walkers that she had with her. In a previous episode during a flashback of Michonne and Andrea in the woods during the winter she said something to the effect of “they were awful and deserved to die.”

Good point about the two pet walkers. I hadn't thought of that! What I did think of was back to the episode where Michonne first goes out to find the prison. Why did she go out there? She was carrying the BABY FORMULA and BABY SUPPLIES that Maggie and Glen left behind!!!!!!!!!!! She overheard their conversation, and delivered those supplies for the baby. They've been planting seeds even that far back!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Good point about the two pet walkers. I hadn't thought of that! What I did think of was back to the episode where Michonne first goes out to find the prison. Why did she go out there? She was carrying the BABY FORMULA and BABY SUPPLIES that Maggie and Glen left behind!!!!!!!!!!! She overheard their conversation, and delivered those supplies for the baby. They've been planting seeds even that far back!!

That's a good point! Michonne had otherwise portrayed herself as a loner that was just fine being by herself. So why would she have made it a point to take that stuff to the prison?? I'm really curious to see her story line played out.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Who do you all think burned the bodies?
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I think the person feeding the walkers and the person who burned the bodies are two separate people. The little girl is an obvious suspect for the rats but i doubt that she could have dragged two adult bodies outside. Part of me wonders why the murderer bothered killing the two people, because if they did have the super virus they would have been as good as dead anyways. As to the comments last week about poisoning water supplies, on the talking dead it was confirmed that it was a deadly flu or something to that effect that hit fast and deadly.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Who do you all think burned the bodies?

My money is on Bob for this one. They haven't featured many other characters other than those we already know. He's the only one new guy and there is something shady about him. Plus with a medic background and possibly some experience with previous situations like this, my money is on him. My questions is did those people die from the flu, turn and then get killed and burned or where they just killed and burned?
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    The little girl is an obvious suspect for the rats but i doubt that she could have dragged two adult bodies outside.

I agree that she is an obvious suspect for feeding the zombies but then someone I was talking made a point of the kids maybe not having access to the area in between the two fences. All of the times that they have shown the kids they have been inside the inner fence. Whoever was feeding the zombie had to have access to the outer fence.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    The little girl is an obvious suspect for the rats but i doubt that she could have dragged two adult bodies outside.

I agree that she is an obvious suspect for feeding the zombies but then someone I was talking made a point of the kids maybe not having access to the area in between the two fences. All of the times that they have shown the kids they have been inside the inner fence. Whoever was feeding the zombie had to have access to the outer fence.

Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

Also, the flashlight seemed high off the ground to me at the beginning of the episode. Could just be because they didn't actually show the ground, but it seemed like it could be an adult sized person. My SO also made the point that with so many "unknown" people in the prison now that anyone could be planted by the Governor.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

Also, the flashlight seemed high off the ground to me at the beginning of the episode. Could just be because they didn't actually show the ground, but it seemed like it could be an adult sized person. My SO also made the point that with so many "unknown" people in the prison now that anyone could be planted by the Governor.

I agree with the flashlight height too. Plus whoever is feeding the zombies has to trap the rats, get a flashlight, sneak out without being seen, get past the inner fence, etc. Would a kid really be capable of that?
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think they want us to believe it was one of the little girls, but all the points everyone made were very good. The other motivation for that person was to intentionally overwhelm the fence, like exactly what happened in that spot, so it could be some kind of plant from the governor.

I also think the killing of Tyrese's gf and the other guy was more of a mercy killing and a way to try to contain the spread to the others. Someone that is misguided, but looking out fo the best interest of the community. Not the same person as the rat feeder.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

I also think the killing of Tyrese's gf and the other guy was more of a mercy killing and a way to try to contain the spread to the others. Someone that is misguided, but looking out fo the best interest of the community. Not the same person as the rat feeder.

Totally agree with this. I think that maybe the person saw what kind of destruction resulted from Patrick getting sick and wants to make sure it doesn't happen again. If the person was just a random murderer they could have killed anyone in the prison.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,151 Member
    Options
    I agree, think Bob is the killer, and no clue on the rats...thought it was the little girl, but agree with the point about a possible mole from the Governor. Gonna be an awesome nailbiter season!
  • rhondagamountain
    rhondagamountain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think it is Bob that killed them too since they brought in a pretty well known actor to play that part. Loved that actor (Lawrence Gilliard, Jr.) as D'Angelo Barksdale in the Wire. For all you other Wire fans, maybe Bubbles did it.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Aren't Glenn and Maggie supposed to be on watch in the tower outside? Are they making out or sleeping? It seems like a huge mistake on their part not to notice someone using a flashlight near the fence. It seemed like the rat feeding happened more than once. That's the kind of stuff people on guard should notice.

My money is on Bob as the one who killed the two in quarantine. He probably panicked at the possible spread of a contagious illness in close quarters. There is something very shady about him. I won't be sad if he dies at the hands of Tyrese.
  • rhondagamountain
    rhondagamountain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry - Bob. Guess I had the wrong man - or I guess I should say woman.