Zero Noodles

Options
Has anyone tried these, are they worth the extortionate price??:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Not tried them but a friend of mine swears by them. I'd rather have a pile of veg which has nutrients in it
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Noodles have about 190-350 calories per serving, why not just enjoy food instead of chemicals, and factor the calories into your day? I refuse to pay that much money for something that does not fuel my body
  • Beckie_82
    Beckie_82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've ordered some to give them a try, when they arrive I'll give u an update!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a japanese cookbook with a one or two shiratake noodle recipes - she mentions that dieters in especially eat them. I'll be glad to put the recipes on here if you want.

I have never tried them, I have only seen them in Selfridges over here and I couldn't find them in the asian supermarket last time I went about 6 months ago. They cost a fortune in Selfridges! (What doesn't?)
  • 3azeema
    3azeema Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've tried these, they are a bit tasteless by themselves, but I usually add them to spicy prawn soup . IME zero noodles are quite filling and great alternative to regular pasta.
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can't eat gluten so I gave them a go but I do not recommend them at all. I didn't just try them once either, I kept at it for a week. The taste - or lack thereof - can just about be ignored. They do take on the flavour of whatever you put with it, but only an extent. It is the texture that really lets it down. I felt like I had a chewy slug in my throat the entire time. They are not worth the money. Make room for real noodles. :(
  • uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The Bare naked noodles (you can get them in Holland and Barrett) are awesome, wouldn't know the difference. Only 10 cals per serving. Vegetable based, not chemicals. V nice and highly recommended