First cup of Coffee!

Options
Today Doctor allowed me to have coffee! First cup in 6 weeks, good to the last drop!!!

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I recall that day well. I've been making up for lost time with half-caff since.

Congratulations and here's to you! :drinker:
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OMG! I loved that day!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    As an adict myself I can totally appreciate your thought! I drank it black prior to surgery, but my tummy no longer likes it that way. :laugh:
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    As an adict myself I can totally appreciate your thought! I drank it black prior to surgery, but my tummy no longer likes it that way. :laugh:

Wow, sorry about that, but I understand. There are a few things my stomach won't let me deal with, thankfully coffee black isn't one of them. I do find that with milk, it does seem happier, but it doesn't bother me like say, white bread untoasted. :tongue:
  • LessofaLargeMarge
    Options
    I'm a Colombian and an addict! Since my VSG, I can't stand to have coffee in the morning. It's so depressing and against my culture! I have started drinking decaf in the afternoon - but I just can't tolerate the smell of coffee when I wake up! I really and truly hope that goes away!
  • Alajane1
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to that day! My surgeon says no caffeine for 6 months so I've been drinking decaf and can't wait to get back to all the yummy flavors of K-Cups that I have waiting for me. :)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to that day too. My surgeon also said to wait 6 months. I have caffeine envy when I come to work and everyone is having coffee!