Green Team-Week 2

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
First let me say that all of you gals rocked!! We had the overall BL-xeoemmytee (awesome!!) We also lost 26.8 lbs as a team of the overall 72 lbs, that was lost by all the teams, which I think is completely awesome. That means our team, minus one player, lost almost HALF of the total weight loss. That is awesome ladies!!
So on to Week 2, here is the challenges as posted in the MAIN WEEK TWO THREAD:
Challenge 1:
Dice workout
Grab a die and roll it, whatever number comes up, do that activity. You need to do this 6 times for a total of 6 activities. You can do them all in a row, or split it up by days. Make sure to warm up before and stretch after. This is to be done IN ADDITION to any other workouts you do, so if you normally do 100 crunches a day and roll a 4, you have to do 30 extra. You can do either of these routines and modifications are acceptable (ie girl pushups instead of regular), but try to push yourself! To get a complete you must do 6 rolls of the dice, and complete all 6 exercises fully. That means if you only were able to do 10 pushups and had to do 20, you would only get Attempt for the challenge. So give yourself enough time so that if something like that happens you have a chance to take a break and try it again later to finish all the exercises. If you have an injury that absolutely prevents you from doing something listed here, discuss with your coach what a suitable substitution would be. Try to make it work the same muscle group if possible. This theoretically could all be done in 15 minutes, but like I said can be split up as well

bodyweight only routine:
1. Push Ups x 20 reps
2. Dips x 20 reps
3. Wall sits – 30 seconds
4. crunches x 30 reps
5. Squats x 30 reps
6. Alternating Lunges x 20 reps

Weights included/advanced routine:
1. Push Ups x 20 reps
2. Dips x 20 reps
3. Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds
4. Plank for 30 seconds
5. Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps
6. Alternating Lunges with bicep curl x 20 reps each side

Challenge 2:
Body weight water challenge
Take your current weight, divide by 2 and drink that much water a day. If you are over 200, you can divide by 3.

Seem like a lot? Its not If you weighed 200 lbs and wanted to drink 100 oz a day (which is more than most of you would have to go for), it still only works out to about 6 oz an hour. Don’t try to drink it all at once of course as that can have negative effects, but if you space it out throughout the day youll be good! Water helps keep you hydrated (duh) but also helps with maintaining a fluid balance in your body, control calories, prevent muscle fatigue and more. It may be hard to do, especially if you are a person who doesn’t drink much water now. My favorite thing to do? When im at work I set a timer to go off every ten minutes and drink (at least) an ounce of water then). 8 hours of work x 6 oz an hour = 48 ounces. Some of you may already do this and that’s fantastic, others like I said will struggle with it, but should definitely make an effort. Increased water consumption is one of the most recommended things for health and weight loss.

You only HAVE to do this for one day, but if you do it for more youll start to see some benefits and it will become a good habit to have. Yes youll likely have to get up to pee a lot, but that also subsides after a few days of consistency

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: LAST CHANCE WORKOUT:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
Since last night's challenge was about moving weight from one area to another, what I would like you to do is get two 10 or 12 lb weights, measure out 25' , then holding the weights, run to one end, then with the weights crawl to the other, each rep will get harder as you and it will challenge you, but you can do it!! Repeat for 20 times ( 1 up and back is a rep)
After this is complete, finish up with:
20x lawn mowers-which are basically using the weights you just used or maybe a little lighter get into a position as if you are going to do a push up but you are suspended by the weights, lift one weight up to your chest and place back down on the floor, and the next, that is one rep.
45 wall crunches-find a wall, put your butt to the wall until it is touching it, then lift your legs straight up, then with reaching from arms overhead, crunch to the wall
30 pelvic wall lifts-same position as above, but bend your knees, lift pelvis upward, squeeze buttocks, release, and lower back down repeat
50 squats
2-1 minute planks

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Last Chance Workout:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :
So I think I have left you with plenty to read and do. I am going to try and get the challenges done tomorrow because I like to get them out of the way, except for last chance workout, which I do normally leave to the end. Have a great week ladies. Any questions, just let me know. i will let you know what our stats are as soon as I get them.
Have a great night and thank you for being an awesome team!!

GO TEAM GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammie:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats to xeoemmytee on being the Biggest Loser! Water weight or not, you still won so feel proud. :)

I love the dice challenge this week, so I'm going to do both the bodyweight only and the advanced routines every day. This is what I rolled today (and completed already):

Bodyweight only:
    Roll #1: 3 - Wall sits – 30 seconds (done)
    Roll #2: 4 - crunches x 30 reps (done)
    Roll #3: 1 - Push Ups x 20 reps (done against the wall)
    Roll #4: 6 - Alternating Lunges x 20 reps (done)
    Roll #5: 6 - Alternating Lunges x 20 reps (done)
    Roll #6: 1 - Push Ups x 20 reps (done against the wall)
    Weights included:
    Roll #1: 3 - Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds (done and wow, that's tough)
    Roll #2: 5 - Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps (done)
    Roll #3: 4 - Plank for 30 seconds (more like, 3 sets of 10 seconds, but I think it counts)
    Roll #4: 6 - Alternating Lunges with bicep curl x 20 reps each side (done)
    Roll #5: 2 - Dips x 20 reps (done, much harder than I expected)
    Roll #6: 5 - Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps (done)

For the water challenge, I'm supposed to drink 112 ounces a day, so 14 cups. It'll be nice to see if I can remember to maintain that much water every day, but my challenge is completed.

I'm looking forward to this week. I've added treadmill time to my 30DS time, so I'm hoping to see decent results.

Good luck everyone! =)
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Very excited about this week. My husband and I discussed it and since I already drink half my body weight in water every day (132 Ounces or 16.5 cups or exactly 6 of my brita water bottles) already and have been for over a month now per my Dr's recommendation. I will be doing both the challenges daily as well.

I feel that this will be a great week for me to test how far I have come. I already due 100 squat challenge three times a week so I will be adding this on top.

The last idea that came to my husband was to get this into our schedule we will due them together on commercial breaks at night during our two nightly TV shows. That way we aren't just laying in bed for 2 hours straight but being active together.

:D If it's ok I will post here each day what I do...

Today Day 1:

Body Weight
    1: push-ups 20
    2: squats 30
    3: wall sits 30 seconds
    4: dips 20
    5: wall sits 30 seconds
    6: alternating lunges 20

Advanced
    1: squats with shoulder press 30
    2: plank 30 seconds
    3: push ups 20
    4: alternating lunges with bicep curls 20
    5: plank 30 seconds
    6: plank 30 seconds

Coach Question: As far as push ups go due to my knees and weight I cannot yet due these without hurting myself. However, I will be doing wall pushups just like my dr show me, with my feet 3 1/2 feet away from the wall, which works me just the same without the severe pain to my knees.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Very excited about this week. My husband and I discussed it and since I already drink half my body weight in water every day (132 Ounces or 16.5 cups or exactly 6 of my brita water bottles) already and have been for over a month now per my Dr's recommendation. I will be doing both the challenges daily as well.

I feel that this will be a great week for me to test how far I have come. I already due 100 squat challenge three times a week so I will be adding this on top.

The last idea that came to my husband was to get this into our schedule we will due them together on commercial breaks at night during our two nightly TV shows. That way we aren't just laying in bed for 2 hours straight but being active together.

:D If it's ok I will post here each day what I do...

Today Day 1:

Body Weight
    1: push-ups 20
    2: squats 30
    3: wall sits 30 seconds
    4: dips 20
    5: wall sits 30 seconds
    6: alternating lunges 20

Advanced
    1: squats with shoulder press 30
    2: plank 30 seconds
    3: push ups 20
    4: alternating lunges with bicep curls 20
    5: plank 30 seconds
    6: plank 30 seconds

Coach Question: As far as push ups go due to my knees and weight I cannot yet due these without hurting myself. However, I will be doing wall pushups just like my dr show me, with my feet 3 1/2 feet away from the wall, which works me just the same without the severe pain to my knees.
    Awesome Jesse..absolutely modify wherever necessary and if you ever need a modification, please ask because if I do not know of one I train with people who have been trained to show me and I will post it. I understand knee issues, and I modify where I need to too. Great job on drinking that much water every day!! You always rock it, keep up the great work!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    First of all, congrats to xeoemmytee on being the Biggest Loser! Water weight or not, you still won so feel proud. :)

I love the dice challenge this week, so I'm going to do both the bodyweight only and the advanced routines every day. This is what I rolled today (and completed already):

Bodyweight only:
    Roll #1: 3 - Wall sits – 30 seconds (done)
    Roll #2: 4 - crunches x 30 reps (done)
    Roll #3: 1 - Push Ups x 20 reps (done against the wall)
    Roll #4: 6 - Alternating Lunges x 20 reps (done)
    Roll #5: 6 - Alternating Lunges x 20 reps (done)
    Roll #6: 1 - Push Ups x 20 reps (done against the wall)
    Weights included:
    Roll #1: 3 - Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds (done and wow, that's tough)
    Roll #2: 5 - Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps (done)
    Roll #3: 4 - Plank for 30 seconds (more like, 3 sets of 10 seconds, but I think it counts)
    Roll #4: 6 - Alternating Lunges with bicep curl x 20 reps each side (done)
    Roll #5: 2 - Dips x 20 reps (done, much harder than I expected)
    Roll #6: 5 - Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps (done)

For the water challenge, I'm supposed to drink 112 ounces a day, so 14 cups. It'll be nice to see if I can remember to maintain that much water every day, but my challenge is completed.

I'm looking forward to this week. I've added treadmill time to my 30DS time, so I'm hoping to see decent results.

Good luck everyone! =)
    Awesome Allie..keep up the great work.. Glad that you are pushing through 30 day shred!! Have a great week!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening everyone:

I also completed my challenges today I had to drink 95 oz. of water (done). I also went and worked on the elliptical for 60 minutes and then did circuit training for 60. Many of the items that were asked for us to do in our challenge are also part of the circuit training, so I thought it would be a great night to incorporate it in,although the dice were not nice to me.

Here are my rolls:
    Body weight only:
    3-90 sec wall sit (usually do 60 sec +30 sec =90)
    3-same as above
    2-Dips x40 (usually do 20 +20=40)
    5-Squats x 50 ( usually do 25 =25=50, I know not a high number, but bad knee leaves me limited on these)
    5-same as above (ugh)
    4-crunchesx70 (usually do 40+30=70

Advance with weights:
    3-90 sec wall sit with outstretched arms 5lb weight on legs
    2-Dipsx40
    6-Alternating lunges w/bicep curlsx20 reps each side, used 15lb weight for curls-did not add extra I do not usually do lunges
    1-Push ups x40 (usually do 20+20=40)
    2-Dips x40
    3-90 sec wall sit with outstretched arms 5lb weight on legs

Challenges complete. I am completely exhausted. Hope everyone has a great night!! Keep rocking GREEN TEAM!!
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Day 2:

8.75 mile run
    1.6 mile cool down walk

I would like to say that the dice are evil. That is all for today.

Body weight
    1: Push Ups 20
    2: crunches 20
    3: crunches 20
    4: wall sits 30 seconds
    5: dips 20
    6: alternating lunges

Advanced
    1: alternating lunges with bicep curls 20
    2: push ups 20
    3: alternating lunges with bicep curls 20
    4: squats with shoulder press 30
    5: squats with shoulder press 30
    6: push ups 20

Did a little extra water today probably around160 oz since we did such a big run and I can't remember how many times I filled the water bottle up post run.
  • Oh_Allie
    Options
    I had a hectic day yesterday, so I didn't get to post, but this is what I did:

Bodyweight only:
    Roll #1: 2 - Dips x 20 reps
    Roll #2: 4 - crunches x 30 reps
    Roll #3: 4 - crunches x 30 reps
    Roll #4: 3 - Wall sits – 30 seconds
    Roll #5: 4 - crunches x 30 reps
    Roll #6: 1 - Push Ups x 20 reps

Advanced:
    Roll #1: 2 - Dips x 20 reps
    Roll #2: 4 - Plank for 30 seconds
    Roll #3: 4 - Plank for 30 seconds
    Roll #4: 3 - Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds
    Roll #5: 3 - Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds
    Roll #6: 4 - Plank for 30 seconds

I only got in 2 extra cups of water yesterday, but I did fill up 7 water bottles (each with 16 ounces, one with 20 ounces) and number them, so now I know what number I'm on! So simple.

This is what's in store for me today:

Bodyweight only:
    Roll #1: 3 - Wall sits – 30 seconds
    Roll #2: 1 - Push Ups x 20 reps
    Roll #3: 4 - crunches x 30 reps
    Roll #4: 3 - Wall sits – 30 seconds
    Roll #5: 5 - Squats x 30 reps
    Roll #6: 2 - Dips x 20 reps

Advanced:
    Roll #1: 1 - Push Ups x 20 reps
    Roll #2: 2 - Dips x 20 reps
    Roll #3: 5 - Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps
    Roll #4: 5 - Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps
    Roll #5: 2 - Dips x 20 reps
    Roll #6: 2 - Dips x 20 reps

And I agree with jessecpwrs, the dice are evil.
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I completed the dice challenge this morning! I'm feeling pretty lucky as I only had to repeat the crunches, the dice probably won't be as nice to me tomorrow as I'm going to try to complete this everyday for the rest of the week.

Roll 1: crunches 30
    Roll 2: push-ups 20
    Roll 3: lunges 20
    Roll 4: squats 30
    Roll 5: crunches 30
    Roll 6: 30 sec. wall sit

I attempted the water challenge yesterday, I needed to drink 82 ounces and I didn't make it :frown: That would be a little over 4 of the 20oz bottles I use and I only made it to 3 before the day was over and I didn't want to chug another one right before I went to bed. This challenge really helped me to see that I'm not drinking as much water as I think I am. So I am going back at it today and I am going to drink plenty of water, I am aiming for 5 refills of my water bottle! Happy Friday ladies!!
  • Water Challenge is Completed... I've never noticed how awkward are office bathroom is, but then again, I have never visited it so much. I did the water challenge for 2 days.

Still working on the dice roll.
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    Water challenge completed!!! Drank 90 oz. and had to drink 82 for the challenge.
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Day 3

Rest Day, water drank 145 oz, scale hasn't moved all week, actually this morning it seems like I'm a 1 lb up. I'm wondering if I'm gaining weight due to muscle gain, due to adding strength training for the first time ever.. :( after a 5 lb lost last week I will be so sad if come Monday I produce a 1lb gain. Next two days are running days again. Was sure after yesterdays 8.75 mile run I would have lost today :(

Body weight

1: squats 30
    2: push ups 20
    3. Crunches 30
    4: crunches 30
    5: squats 30
    6: Wall sits 30 seconds

Advanced
    1: push ups 20
    2: wall sits 30
    3: squats with shoulder press 30
    4: squats with shoulder press 30
    5: wall sits 30
    6: wall sits 30
  • tambam72
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies:
    It looks like everyone is having a great week. I have gained a little after doing the water challenge and I was afraid that would happen because I retain water, which is shy I normally stick to 8 cups a day. I am going to hit the gym hard today and hopefully get rid of that water weight. Going to get some aerobic activity on, and then do LAST CHANCE WORKOUT. Hoping everyone is having a great week and that we do not have the dreaded week 2. Please remember to get me your weights and challenges in by MONDAY at 9 p.m. or first thing Tuesday morning. I work out on Tuesdays evenings, so it is hard for me to get weights in in the evening. GO TEAM GREEN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammie
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Ran two miles last night after a very very long day at work. Wasn't able to get anything else in. I was suprised I didn't crawl two miles with how tired I was.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Happy Sunday Ladies:
    Just a reminder to please get me your challenges and weights in by MONDAY at 9 p.m. or early Tuesday. Today I biked 20 miles on the bike, 45 minutes of core rhythms and a 45 minute walk. I am tired and taking a nap this afternoon. Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Tammie

****GO GREEN TEAM GO****:tongue:
  • Oh_Allie
    Options
    The dice are pretty terrible, so I'm done with them. I'm happy I was able to complete that challenge more than once. I've started incorporating 10+ cups of water into every day now, so I'm happy that was a challenge. It really helps me to feel full much longer.

Dice challenge: Complete!
    Water challenge: Complete!
    Last Chance Workout: Complete! (That was hard, but so worth it!)

Starting weight: 338.8
    Last Weight: 337.4
    Current Weight: 335.0

-2.4 pounds
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    Ok confession time...I'm so sorry Green Team, but I gained this week :cry: I feel so bad about letting the team down! This past weekend was my birthday and I went out of town with friends and family to celebrate, which consisted of lots of eating out and I definitely indulged more than I should have. I still have a hard time not celebrating with food, as that is what I have always done, so that is definitely something that I am working on!! However, gaining has made me even more determined to reach my goals, so I know I am going to stay extra focused this week on eating healthy and will get in some more workouts than usual to make up for it.

Starting weight: 167.8
    Week 1: 163.8
    Week 2: 166.4

+2.6 lbs
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    263.8 this morning. 1 lb exactly down. So happy because on Thursday my weight wasn't looking so good. I was really afraid I would go into a gain after last weeks 5 lb lost. One thing I am learning is I really need to watch my water intake. Anything over 9 cups a day 10 if I ran sticks to me like glue. Makes me feel all crappy and bloated. Really going to watch my water intake for the next couple weeks. On better news if u haven't seen my new profile pic check it out. Recently was blessed with a pile of clothes and in it had an identical work shirt to my preweight loss days. Amazed at the difference. I was a 30W in that picture. I now wear an 18.

Tolstoy: Read your post an went been there. It is a battle that only recently was I able to show myself that I have conquered. Whenever I go out with friends, family etc. I plan ahead. I know my calorie limits and I've learned to disect a menu. For example the other day hubby and I went out to a local pub after our 8 mile run. I could have totally have a burger with all the good stuff and fries. Instead hubby and I split a Navajo Chicken Sandwich. I had the guacamole put on the side and I limited myself to about a cup of fries. First French fries I have had since May. I ate out had a blast and stayed calorie efficient. If you plan ahead and know how to hange meals to meet your needs you will conquers this in the future.

Sidenote a 2lb gain isn't the end of the world. Watch your water. Throw in an extra workout an you will be hocked how quickly it will turn into a 3 lb lost. Maybe 4. Next week will be your week!
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am always impressed with how much some of you are working out!! I completed the dice challenge, in theory it sounded fun, in reality I ended up doing 120 squats, it felt a little unlucky!! I guess it is not a very good indicator of what might happen in Vegas if I went. I am doing my water challenge today (I had forgotten about it) so I am already at 96 ounces which according to the rules meets the requirement. But I will complete 128 ounces by the end of the day. This is a big challenge for me because I am a huge diet Coke drinker!! I only lost .8 pounds this week. I was away the last four days at a conference that I was speaking at so I just didn't eat very well. But a great day today and will do better all week! Keep up the good work.
  • tambam72
    Options
    The dice are pretty terrible, so I'm done with them. I'm happy I was able to complete that challenge more than once. I've started incorporating 10+ cups of water into every day now, so I'm happy that was a challenge. It really helps me to feel full much longer.

Dice challenge: Complete!
    Water challenge: Complete!
    Last Chance Workout: Complete! (That was hard, but so worth it!)

Starting weight: 338.8
    Last Weight: 337.4
    Current Weight: 335.0

-2.4 pounds
    Awesome loss. So glad that you did the Last Chance Workout. I did it too, and it was hard, but got you to sweat and bye bye water weight!! Have a great night!!- Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Ok confession time...I'm so sorry Green Team, but I gained this week :cry: I feel so bad about letting the team down! This past weekend was my birthday and I went out of town with friends and family to celebrate, which consisted of lots of eating out and I definitely indulged more than I should have. I still have a hard time not celebrating with food, as that is what I have always done, so that is definitely something that I am working on!! However, gaining has made me even more determined to reach my goals, so I know I am going to stay extra focused this week on eating healthy and will get in some more workouts than usual to make up for it.

Starting weight: 167.8
    Week 1: 163.8
    Week 2: 166.4
    Hi Christy:
    This was the week to gain if anyone was going to. It appears our team is having the dreaded Week 2. That'sok. We will all push through it next week and burn more. Happy Belated birthday. With that said, get your butt to the gym and get those extra birthday calories gone!!! Have a great week!!- Tammie
    +2.6 lbs