2014 Brides

Options
124»

Replies

• rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! We set the date - 11/7/14! :)
  • joshtade
    joshtade Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,congrats to you all,I did not think this time would ever come for me.I as well want to be healthy and look good on my wedding day.I want to shock everybody cause I have always been a fat girl.
    I got engaged 6-19-2013,our wedding date is 6-14-2014 which we will be together for 3 years and 8 months on that day.
    I have people tell me you got time,don't worry.Then theirs some people who say you should try to get everything done now so its over.I feel like we need to go to wedding school lol.I have no idea what im doing cause I never thought I would be getting married.
    We have our church,venue and wedding party together.
    I just started mfp on sunday and would like to lose 65 pounds or more by wedding day.
    I could use support!!!! once again congrats to you all and best wishes!!!
  • cheeza89
    cheeza89 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your engagements!

I've been engaged since September 2011 and we're finally getting round to getting married next year on August 9th. We've booked the ceremony and reception venues, sorted entertainment and also photographer.
    I'm planning on DIYing a lot of other things like stationary, decorations, flowers and cake and I don't want to dress shop until my weight drops and then stays at that number for a while.
    Planning a wedding is hard work for someone who procrastinates as much as I do.
  • Leahsimp
    Options
    I too am a 2014 bride :) Getting married on 12th July and am new to MFP.. Dabbled in the past, but figured this is probably the most sane option on weight loss... I am in desperate need of tips on dieting as I just seem to fail :( I do love food lol...
    Please feel free to add me, especially if anyone wants to give me a kick up the bum ;) x
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May of 2014. Got engaged in 2012 as well. We've got it planned out for the most part. We have the date, venue (which caters) found our officiant, booked dj, photographer, and videographer. We decided on our bridal party and picked out our colors. I just started dress shopping Friday. :) sending our save the dates out the end of this month :). I'm quite excited but mostly nervous because we are planning from four states away. My fiancé is on a work assignment and it looks like we will be here till after the wedding. Making things quite difficult!!

Congratulations to every one!
  • 2newbex
    2newbex Posts: 2
    Options
    Just signed the contract today for our venue for July 26, 2014 in Tahoe. Did anyone order the Bridilicious Boot Camp DVDS from the Knot? I just ordered them a couple of days ago when they had the sale.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Tahoe is lovely! How wonderful!
    What are the DVD's like? Never heard of them! x
  • 2newbex
    2newbex Posts: 2
    Options
    Tahoe is lovely! How wonderful!
    What are the DVD's like? Never heard of them! x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1kvPH50iyg

Bridalicious Boot Camp from the Knot
  • Cal28
    Options
    Looks good, :-) doesn't seem to be one for UK or Aus though x
  • Daerina8
    Daerina8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* 2014 bride also :) getting married in almost exactly 7 months (May 3rd). I won't reach my goal weight before the wedding but I am hoping to make a pretty big dent in it. I've already bought my dress so it may be better if I don't lose quite that much or it won't fit!
  • Cal28
    Options
    *raises hand* 2014 bride also :) getting married in almost exactly 7 months (May 3rd). I won't reach my goal weight before the wedding but I am hoping to make a pretty big dent in it. I've already bought my dress so it may be better if I don't lose quite that much or it won't fit!

Congratulations!! Thats the day after me :-)
    Its all about the long term, you'll look stunning no matter what you weigh x
  • skinnyslacks7
    Options
    @astepbysteph I LOVE your profile photo btw

I'm also a 2014 Bride to be. Just under 10 months until we say, "I do"

I have about 25ibs to lose before then, sounds managable (but we all know how that goes).

Trying to get hubby-to-be to join me, but no luck yet.
  • Cal28
    Options
    I'm also a 2014 Bride to be. Just under 10 months until we say, "I do"

I have about 25ibs to lose before then, sounds managable (but we all know how that goes).

Trying to get hubby-to-be to join me, but no luck yet.

Congratulations!! Lol I wanted to be 40lb down by the time I went dress shopping (in 4 weeks) but yeah that didn't happen but its all about getting healthier long term :-) You'll do great! x
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am getting married May 10, 2014 and I am on a mission to look good!!
  • Brightdark
    Brightdark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bride to be, September 26, 2014! Want to lose at least 30 lbs before I even LOOK at wedding gowns. Picking the dress is supposed to be the best part of the preparation but I'm just stressed. Could really use some friends in similar situation. I'm a great motivator!
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Bride to be, September 26, 2014! Want to lose at least 30 lbs before I even LOOK at wedding gowns. Picking the dress is supposed to be the best part of the preparation but I'm just stressed. Could really use some friends in similar situation. I'm a great motivator!

I wanted to do the same thing before I went for my dress. I probably lost about 15-20 before I went for my dress. But dont worry about that!! I lost the most weight after deciding on the dress! Good luck with it!! and trust me, you will LOVE dress shopping!!!
  • Ellerslie1984
    Ellerslie1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have not done a single thing! I have only been engaged for 10 days though....! ;-)

We're either thinking Sept14 or May15 though - need to get myself into the dress of my dreams now though!!

xxx
  • agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Sept 2014, my diet had been going well, but then got sidetracked with celebrations (well-meaning friends), travel, then got sick. Now I'm trying to get back on track. Venue's booked, dress is purchased (it's early, but I love it!), hoping to lose 10-15 lbs. I've been having trouble with gaining and losing weight, I need more consistency!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Just recently engaged, Nov. 2013. Hoping for a June/July 2014 wedding. It's a little fast, but we just don't want to wait. Plus I'm a teacher and it just makes sense to get married in the summer. Would love to have some bride friends on my list. Add me!