lower belly

Options
I'm looking for something that will eliminate what I call my " front butt" I've lost 44 lbs so far and still have 73 more to go but my lower belly is terrible. Help anyone..

Replies

• larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    keep going, it will come off eventually. the front bumm is always the last to go. (I am down to 136 and still have one)
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If you're referring to what some term the "fat apron" that hangs down from the belly when overweight, I can attest that it DOES get smaller. I'm not at my goal yet, but mine went from being almost a stage 2 to a stage 1 and starting to disappear now. I don't wish to ever go under the knife for vanity's sake simply because I once was 235lbs and held there for too long. I do crunches of various kinds to help firm up the muscles of my abs, and do good, hard cardio for about an hour or more 4 to 6 times a week, depending on the week, and I weigh and measure my food so I have an accurate calorie count of what I've eaten. It has helped me a lot.

Just keep at it, eating well and drinking plenty of water, getting regular exercise that raises your heart rate, and it will happen. I don't know how accurate it is, but I recall reading somewhere that it takes up to 2 years post-weight-loss for skin to tighten up as much as it will. It took me years to put on the weight, so I guess I can continue to be patient and see if that is true. From what I have seen happening to my body this year, as I've held the same weight +/- 5 to 7lbs for several months, it does seem to be the case.

Good luck!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Try doing more exercises using your legs...a particularly good one is where you lie on you back, point your legs towards the ceiling, squeeze in your abs and glutes and try to touch the ceiling with your feet.
  • lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    utube cassey ho blogilates, she has awesome abd workouts. cardio and clean eating.
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A simple core exercise will help..

Pelvic tilts: Lie flat on back, knees bent with feet on floor. Press lower back into the floor, pulling in lower abs and tightening buttocks, while tilting the pelvic bone upward. Squeeze tight, count to 10, release. Repeat for 20 reps. Can do these daily and you should see a difference in no time at all.