Rules/Book Ideas/Needing Admin and Mods

Options
First of all wondering how you would all like to pick the books. Suggestions and a vote? Or letting everyone taking turns? Also, would you like to read a book weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?

Second, if you want to throw out any book ideas, that would be fine. Even if we decide that letting people take turns, it could generate someone's pick or give us all ideas of what to read next on our own.

Also, I don't want myself to be the only admin and mod for the group. Looking for anyone else who would like to share this responsibility. Preferably someone creative who wants to create a description and add pictures.

Any "rules" that you guys can think of?

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Just generating ideas here... if you think of anything else to discuss while we're still in "formation" please post it here! :happy: I'd like to do a sticky with our rules and a schedule if we decide to take turns picking books.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of taking turns to pick books, I enjoy most genres so shouldn't be a problem whatever anyone picks. Would be happy to help, but honestly am not that techy so don't think I could do the picture load up thing.

Thanks for starting this!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm not techy either :-/ I also like the idea of taking turns. I like most genres too, and I generally don't read sci-fi, romance, or historical fiction. What does everyone else love reading?
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I read EVERYTHING. Sometimes I like a light, easy read and other times I'm reading sci-fi, classics, mystery, etc. Anyone want to pick the first book?

Also, any preference on how often we're reading a book?
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bi-weekly or monthly would work for me. And I think taking turns is a great idea, or you could leave it open ended, if anyone has a suggestion they could throw it out there, put it to a vote, etc.

I started Light of the World by James Lee Burke this morning. I'm at chapter 2 and hooked. Anyone else interested in it? Just throwing it out there, no offense if it's not a suitable pick :) I've never been in a book club before.

Thanks for having me!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the Burke Book if everyone else is
  • Naomi0504
    Options
    That's also fine with me :smile: I can get it on kindle. I like the bimonthly or monthly idea. Are we all starting at the same time (besides pp who already started)?
  • Naomi0504
    Options
    Looked it up and noticed it's #20 in what seems to be a series? Anyone know if it can be read as a stand alone?

Light of the World (Dave Robicheaux, #20) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16130228
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, Naomi, they do stand alone, but the Robicheaux series has been around a long time. He gives some personal history of the character in each book. Though I do recommend all of them! ;)

I've read them all out of order. Actually the last one I read was one of the first written, Black Cherry Blues; Awesome book!
  • Jinkeys
    Jinkeys Posts: 26
    Options
    I wouldn't mind trying the Burke book. I have not read him before. :)
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll start that later tonight!