team red week 2

Options
77chantelle
77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
October 23, 2013 8:37 am

Good start to the season everyone! We had a few people miss the weigh in and the challenge, but over all we did a pretty good job. Some people gained (me!) and some had big loses, but no matter how you did just remember that this is a start. If you didn’t have the results you wanted, don’t get discouraged and try to pick out something that might have affected it and change it. If you had a big loss, don’t slack. Remember the dreaded week two curse they spoke of last night!

A few things to note about weigh ins and the spreadsheet. The main page (titled weekly) will show your personal loss percentage for the week (blue row), and the number of points you earned that week. This week you got either a -1 or a 2 for the challenge, 1 bonus point for your entire team weighing in on time, 3 points for being the biggest loser on your team, or your team having the highest loss percentage this week. The overall biggest loser gets 5 points. Each team biggest loser will have their percentage highlighted in green that week.

If you missed your weigh in, I still need your weight! Right now the 4 people who missed got an increase of 1% (whatever that equates to in weight for you) and their names are highlighted in red on the “teams” page of the spreadsheet. If you see your name there in red, please PM me your weight asap. IF YOU MISS WEIGH IN TWO WEEKS IN A ROW YOU ARE REMOVED FROM THE CHALLENGE. That means if you missed yesterday and don’t let me know what your weight was that you will be deleted if you are late next Tuesday. Most teams did a great job with this, but we want everyone weighing in by the cut off time to be fair. It also is necessary to get accurate percentage losses as I explained last week.

Additionally if you see a mistake on the spreadsheet (ie your starting weight was wrong) please let me know

Here are the stats for this week:

Overall biggest loser xoemmytee
Red BL Jamiegephart
Orange BL mentalmunchie
Yellow BL Candacel24
Green BL xoemmytee
Blue BL khearron26
Purple BL Grandmajackie
Team BL Green
total percentage lost 0.515826077
total pounds lost 72.39

Nice job everyone! We lost a total of 72 pounds and a half a percent total as a group, which doesn’t seem like a lot, but is a great start. Its 72 pounds less than we had last week! Lets try for at least 100 this week.

Last night on the show, only the weight for one member of each team would count as their percentage. This was determined by the roll of a dice at the actual weigh in. The did a challenge where the winner was able to get two die to roll, and thus able to pick from those two players whose weight would count. The challenge involved rolling a die, and whatever number came up you could carry that many buckets of water down to a tank and dump it in. Whichever team filled their tank first won.
This challenge involved two things: dice and water, so ours will too.

Challenge 1:
Dice workout
Grab a die and roll it, whatever number comes up, do that activity. You need to do this 6 times for a total of 6 activities. You can do them all in a row, or split it up by days. Make sure to warm up before and stretch after. This is to be done IN ADDITION to any other workouts you do, so if you normally do 100 crunches a day and roll a 4, you have to do 30 extra. You can do either of these routines and modifications are acceptable (ie girl pushups instead of regular), but try to push yourself! To get a complete you must do 6 rolls of the dice, and complete all 6 exercises fully. That means if you only were able to do 10 pushups and had to do 20, you would only get Attempt for the challenge. So give yourself enough time so that if something like that happens you have a chance to take a break and try it again later to finish all the exercises. If you have an injury that absolutely prevents you from doing something listed here, discuss with your coach what a suitable substitution would be. Try to make it work the same muscle group if possible. This theoretically could all be done in 15 minutes, but like I said can be split up as well

bodyweight only routine:
1. Push Ups x 20 reps
2. Dips x 20 reps
3. Wall sits – 30 seconds
4. crunches x 30 reps
5. Squats x 30 reps
6. Alternating Lunges x 20 reps

Weights included/advanced routine:
1. Push Ups x 20 reps
2. Dips x 20 reps
3. Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds
4. Plank for 30 seconds
5. Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps
6. Alternating Lunges with bicep curl x 20 reps each side

Challenge 2:
Body weight water challenge
Take your current weight, divide by 2 and drink that much water a day. If you are over 200, you can divide by 3.

Seem like a lot? Its not If you weighed 200 lbs and wanted to drink 100 oz a day (which is more than most of you would have to go for), it still only works out to about 6 oz an hour. Don’t try to drink it all at once of course as that can have negative effects, but if you space it out throughout the day youll be good! Water helps keep you hydrated (duh) but also helps with maintaining a fluid balance in your body, control calories, prevent muscle fatigue and more. It may be hard to do, especially if you are a person who doesn’t drink much water now. My favorite thing to do? When im at work I set a timer to go off every ten minutes and drink (at least) an ounce of water then). 8 hours of work x 6 oz an hour = 48 ounces. Some of you may already do this and that’s fantastic, others like I said will struggle with it, but should definitely make an effort. Increased water consumption is one of the most recommended things for health and weight loss.

You only HAVE to do this for one day, but if you do it for more youll start to see some benefits and it will become a good habit to have. Yes youll likely have to get up to pee a lot, but that also subsides after a few days of consistency

Reporting:
Nothing needs to be reported in this thread unless youd like to discuss the challenges and keep each other motivated. I would like you to post in your team threads the amount of water you need to drink and how the physical challenge is going as well. People that are active in the message boards always seem to get the challenges done and see results! What you definitely need to report this week is of course your weight, and participation for each challenges. If you post in your thread it should look something like this

“weight: 150, physical challenge Attempted (only did 5 die rolls), water challenge Complete (one day of 75 oz)”
If your team reports directly to a spreadsheet, just put A,C in the challenge box (or whatever your letters would be) , but it would be nice to put it in your thread too for you coach teammates to see! Let us and your team members know how the physical challenge is going and try to motivate each other and help each other to get the water intake in and to push through difficulties to get the physical challenge done.

Good luck this week!

*******Recap******
1) If you missed weigh in please PM me ASAP to avoid penalties and possible removal next week
2) Challenge 1: Dice challenge using either body weight only or an advanced/weights included challenge. Must complete a total of 6 die rolls and complete the associated activies for a “Complete”. Can be done all at once or broken up to several days
3) Challenge 2: Water challenge – drink half your body weight in water (oz) If you are over 200 lbs you can divide by three. Drink this amount for one day to earn a Complete

Replies

• 77chantelle
    Options
    Great job everyone! Keep it up. Report weight to me by Monday or put it in the spreadsheet. Share your ideas here for the dice.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Looks like I need to drink 82oz of water in a day... Thats done!

I rolled
    30 Squats -Done
    30 Second Wall Sits x2 -Done
    30 crunches -Done
    20 Dips x2 -Done

Easy challenge this week! I will do the water challenge everyday just because it is pushing me to drink an extra 12oz more than normal. I would do the dice challenge also but I'm doing the 30 day challenge for abs, squats, and arms right now and everything but the wall sit is already included.
  • worsleys13
    worsleys13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Challenge complete!!

I had to drink 86oz of water which I found quite difficult but managed to complete.

For my dice challenge I did:
    5 - Squats x 30
    6 - Alternate Lunges x 20
    1 - Push ups x 20
    3 - Wall sits x 30 sec
    1 - Push ups x 20
    6 - Alternate Lunges x 20
  • health1971
    Options
    Hi guys :smile: ,

The water intake challenge wasn't hard because that's all I drink :tongue:, I drink between 10 to 12 8oz water daily :smile: ...

Will report on the 1st challenge tomorrow :wink: ... I injured my lower left leg and left ankle about a week ago and I've been resting the leg as much as possible, but tomorrow I'll get to it no matter what :happy: ... No excuses :smile: ...

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal :flowerforyou: ...
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    I need to drink 70 onces, completed.
    Rolled
    4-30 crunches
    1-20 push ups
    4-30 crunches
    1-20 push ups
    2- 20 dips
    5-30 squats
    Completed
    I have had a rough couple days, and have been overeating. Sugar and white flour, which is poison to me I usually have a a achy body when i do that. i am going to get back on it.
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    MUST REED '!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: MUST REED
    Hi, so I have had a challenging week, and I wont be by a computer Monday or Tuesday. My cousin Jamie is in our group and she will be doing the reports this week and reporting to our main challenge leader. Remember to report your weight by Monday on the spreadsheet or message jamiegephart and she can do it. please complete the challenge and modify where you need to, you can do push-ups on the wall. If your wrist hurts for dips you can do tricep extension with weights or a can of soup. Standing knee lifts if you are not able to perform crunches. Good luck and have fun.
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    :smile: :smile: c congrats to jamiegephart for being week 1 biggest loser for the red team:smile::smile:
  • tamievice155
    tamievice155 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey guys we are doing awesome!!!!
    I had to drank 74oz water which was easy bc water is the only thing i drank
    I rolled
    6-Lungs (20)
    3-wall sits (30sec)
    1-push ups (20)
    3-wall sits (30sec)
    6-lunges (20)
    1-push ups (20)
    I MUST SAY WALL SITS WILL MAKE U WORK IF U DO THEM RIGHT!!!
  • worsleys13
    worsleys13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I've posted my weight this week. I have been quite I'll over the past 2 weeks so I haven't been able to so much exercise but I have been working on my food.
  • health1971
    Options
    Hi guys, I was finally able to do my challenge and it became my workout of the day 8-)...

Rolled

1 - 30 push ups x2
    5 - 30 squats x2
    2 - 20 dips x2
    4 - 30 crunches x2
    3 - (30sec) wall sits x2
    6 - 20 lunges x2

The dips were the hartest to do because of my shoulders, but I was able to adjust and finished them... Loved the challenge and can't wait until Tuesday 8-)...

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal :flowerforyou:
  • MelissaTay30
    Options
    I really enjoyed the challenge this week. I had to drink 94 oz of water which I did Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have to say that I am not a water drinker but after three days of drinking nothing but water I FEEL AMAZING. Not sure if it is all in my head or if it is really doing something for my healt.
    I rolled the dice on Friday.
    Friday
    4- Plank for 30 seconds
    1- pushups x 20
    3- Wall sits for 30 seconds
    2- dips x 20
    3- Wall sits for 30 seconds
    5- squats x 30

Hope everyone had a good week. I am excited see what the challenge will be for this week
  • tcampean1
    Options
    Loved this workout!! Will definitely keep it for Mondays and Thurdays:

I did 30 seconds of jumping rope in between each roll.

roll 1- squats-30
    roll 2- dips-20
    roll 3-crunches-30
    roll 4-squats-30
    roll 5 squats-30
    roll 6 pushups-20

I had to drink 75 oz of water which was pretty easy for me because I drink water all day long!!