Yellow team week 2

Options
Hi everyone! I will be posting the challenge here once it becomes available. My personal challenge for all of you is to come up with some goals for yourself, post them here and keep us up to date on how you are doing with them. Let's motivate each other peeps!

Also, I am moving weigh in day to MONDAY. It seems to be the day that works best for the majority of the team. From now on I will be turning in ALL team information to soccerella on Tuesday morning at 10 am CST. When this week's challenge is posted I will include the link to our team's spreadsheet so y'all can fill in your information. Please be sure to have the spreadsheet filled in before Tuesday morning.

When the challenge is posted make sure that you understand everything. I want to make sure that everyone gets credit for there hard work. Great work last week everyone!

My goals for this week (Wednesday to Tuesday):

* get in at least 4 days at the gym
* get Libby out for a walk at least 3 times
* add more fruits and veggies to my food diary
* up my water intake

What are your goals for this week?

Replies

• mylifemynow
    mylifemynow Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My goals for this BL week are to:

*increase my water! I've just about completely given up soda and I have been drinking water but not nearly enough
    *work out at least 3x
    *cut out the suga'! :D

Have a wonderful BL week everyone!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week:

1. Get back down to my pre-birthday weight! I've been so bloated from eating out that day, and I think it's finally starting to go away.
    2. Meet or exceed protein goal (0.8g per lb bodyweight) every day
    3. Complete all my of 6 scheduled workouts, and go for at least 3 walks in addition.
  • Pfil
    Pfil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week:
    * Get to bed before midnight on work nights. I seriously doubt this will happen but I have to try!
    * Go for a 3 mile walk this weekend. The weather is still beautiful, especially for Oregon in October and I want to take advantage of it.

For the challenge, I rolled using http://www.random.org/dice/?num=6 and got 1,4,5,5,6,6. So I have to complete the pushups, crunches, squats (twice), alternating lunges (twice). I know I can only do about 5 regular pushups so I'll be doing them on my knees but I'm confident I can get the rest done.

I already drink between one and two gallons of water a day. I have a 22 ounce mason jar at work that I fill 4-5 times and at home I use a quart (32oz) mason jar and fill that 3-4 times over the course of the evening. It has to be cold though! I am not a fan of room temperature water.
  • Bambi48433
    Options
    My goals for the week are to drink at least 8 - 8 oz of water a day. For the challenge it will be 210 divided by 2 =105 (or 13.25 - 8oz glasses of water) or if I divide by 3 it is 70oz or 8.75 - 8oz glasses of water. Going to try to do the 13.25 glasses.

I also want to work out a good 30 minutes 4 times this week. I lack on exercising and need to do more of it.

I used the www.random. org to roll my dice numbers. I ended up with 5,4,3,1,1,2
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week:
    1. Drink my 8 glasses of water every day.
    2. Stay on track with my food over the weekend.
    3. Go for a trail run, its time to try something a bit different.
  • AshleyMeggg
    Options
    My numbers for the week are 4, 5, 4, 4, 4, and 6. (BRING ON THE PLANKS!)
    its my understanding is that we only have to do these 6 exercises once this week, right?
  • mylifemynow
    mylifemynow Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My rolls? 4 1 6 3 5 2. Talk about getting a variety! I'm gonna do these each day til Tuesday! :D
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Challenge 1:
    Dice workout
    Grab a die and roll it, whatever number comes up, do that activity. You need to do this 6 times for a total of 6 activities. You can do them all in a row, or split it up by days. Make sure to warm up before and stretch after. This is to be done IN ADDITION to any other workouts you do, so if you normally do 100 crunches a day and roll a 4, you have to do 30 extra. You can do either of these routines and modifications are acceptable (ie girl pushups instead of regular), but try to push yourself! To get a complete you must do 6 rolls of the dice, and complete all 6 exercises fully. That means if you only were able to do 10 pushups and had to do 20, you would only get Attempt for the challenge. So give yourself enough time so that if something like that happens you have a chance to take a break and try it again later to finish all the exercises. If you have an injury that absolutely prevents you from doing something listed here, discuss with your coach what a suitable substitution would be. Try to make it work the same muscle group if possible. This theoretically could all be done in 15 minutes, but like I said can be split up as well

bodyweight only routine:
    1. Push Ups x 20 reps
    2. Dips x 20 reps
    3. Wall sits – 30 seconds
    4. crunches x 30 reps
    5. Squats x 30 reps
    6. Alternating Lunges x 20 reps

Weights included/advanced routine:
    1. Push Ups x 20 reps
    2. Dips x 20 reps
    3. Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds
    4. Plank for 30 seconds
    5. Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps
    6. Alternating Lunges with bicep curl x 20 reps each side

Challenge 2:
    Body weight water challenge
    Take your current weight, divide by 2 and drink that much water a day. If you are over 200, you can divide by 3.

Seem like a lot? Its not If you weighed 200 lbs and wanted to drink 100 oz a day (which is more than most of you would have to go for), it still only works out to about 6 oz an hour. Don’t try to drink it all at once of course as that can have negative effects, but if you space it out throughout the day youll be good! Water helps keep you hydrated (duh) but also helps with maintaining a fluid balance in your body, control calories, prevent muscle fatigue and more. It may be hard to do, especially if you are a person who doesn’t drink much water now. My favorite thing to do? When im at work I set a timer to go off every ten minutes and drink (at least) an ounce of water then). 8 hours of work x 6 oz an hour = 48 ounces. Some of you may already do this and that’s fantastic, others like I said will struggle with it, but should definitely make an effort. Increased water consumption is one of the most recommended things for health and weight loss.

You only HAVE to do this for one day, but if you do it for more youll start to see some benefits and it will become a good habit to have. Yes youll likely have to get up to pee a lot, but that also subsides after a few days of consistency

Reporting:
    Nothing needs to be reported in this thread unless youd like to discuss the challenges and keep each other motivated. I would like you to post in your team threads the amount of water you need to drink and how the physical challenge is going as well. People that are active in the message boards always seem to get the challenges done and see results! What you definitely need to report this week is of course your weight, and participation for each challenges. If you post in your thread it should look something like this

“weight: 150, physical challenge Attempted (only did 5 die rolls), water challenge Complete (one day of 75 oz)”
    If your team reports directly to a spreadsheet, just put A,C in the challenge box (or whatever your letters would be) , but it would be nice to put it in your thread too for you coach teammates to see! Let us and your team members know how the physical challenge is going and try to motivate each other and help each other to get the water intake in and to push through difficulties to get the physical challenge done.

Good luck this week!

*******Recap******
    1) If you missed weigh in please PM me ASAP to avoid penalties and possible removal next week
    2) Challenge 1: Dice challenge using either body weight only or an advanced/weights included challenge. Must complete a total of 6 die rolls and complete the associated activies for a “Complete”. Can be done all at once or broken up to several days
    3) Challenge 2: Water challenge – drink half your body weight in water (oz) If you are over 200 lbs you can divide by three. Drink this amount for one day to earn a Complete.
  • SkinnyNSweet822
    SkinnyNSweet822 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Happy Week 2 Yellow Team!!! :) Hope it is going swell for you all!

Challenge 1 COMPLETED!!!!! I forgot it was supposed to be random so every time I received the same number on the random number generator I recalculated LOL!!! But I remembered at the end!

1: 30 sec wall sit, alternating arms outstretched and down
    2: lunges
    3: 30 crunches
    4: 20 push ups
    5: 30 squats : 2nd half with a kick
    6: 30 sec plank
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week:
    1. Go to farmers market Saturday
    2. Buy a new Wii fitness game
    3. Stay within my calories everyday
    Options
    ~~Last Chance Workout~~

52 Card Throw Down

You will need a deck of playing cards to complete this LCW.

Spades - pushups
    Clubs - burpees
    Diamonds - mountain climbers
    Hearts - squats

Complete the number and corresponding exercise. Example: 2 of hearts....do 2 squats. Go through the ENTIRE deck of cards.

Face cards:

Ace = 1
    King = 10
    Queen = 11
    Jack = 12

Try to do this more than once.

Goals so far:

- got into the gym again today 2/4
    - walked the girls 2/3
    - had several servings of fruit
  • AshleyMeggg
    Options
    Finished my workout and my water today!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    Options
    If you don't have a deck of cards like me, you can use this: http://www.random.org/playing-cards/

Put in 52 in the first space, and it will lay out the cards in random order for you.
  • Bambi48433
    Options
    Good day to yellow team. So far I have drank my mega water amount (only divided by 2 instead of 3), did my 30 squats, 30 crunches, my wall sit for 30 sec's, and 20 pushups. I still need to complete another round of pushups and my 20 dips. Tried to get dips out yesterday and only got 15 done so need to re do that one. Will try to get that one out again today. I have already did 10 today and will do more later on today to get the whole 20. I am determind to get those nasty dips out of the way.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    Options
    Yay! I'm back down to my pre-birthday weight, finally. Took me a WEEK to get rid of that bloat.

I didn't calculate what my water would be for the challenge, but yesterday I was thirsty and drank 24 cups of water, so I'm pretty sure I got that one covered.
    Options
    Don't forget to get me your weigh in and challenge information to me please! It's been a stressful week for me but I'm hoping to get back on track this week.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I completed the challenges this weekend. I drank my water and did the dice challenge Saturday...
    60 crunches (2x)
    Wall sits
    30 squats
    40 lunges (2x)

On Sunday I did the lcw and all I can say is burpees suck!

I didn't meet all my goals this week but I did okay. I will weigh myself this morning and then post it.
    Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Bambi48433
    Options
    Completed the dice challenge (spread it out over the week) and did one day of drinking an ocean of water. I even gained the next day due to all the water I drank :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I also did the last change workout yesterday, did most of the cards, but got burned out, tired towards the end, so started to slack some :(
  • SkinnyNSweet822
    Options
    Weight: Maintained

Challenge 1: Complete :smile:

Challenge 2: Attempted 79%

Last Chance Workout: Attempted 1/3 of the cards! Minor injury over the weekend interfered.
  • SkinnyNSweet822
    Options
    YELLOW TEAM COMMERCIAL WORKOUT: Jillian recommends: Jumping Jacks! They burn 10 cals/min

Can't remember the grand total, but I will watch the episode again and report back to you all

Let's do this as we watch the Biggest Loser this week! If you will be unavailable for the viewing, do workout during another show. If you are one of the disciplined who do not watch television, repeat the last chance workout