new to mfp and sleeve

Options
hello i'm new here would like to introduce myself :) i'm from Chicago and I got sleeved on 10/7 looking for some new friends

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hello Tanya. I was sleeved July 2011, so over 2 years ago. Have about 75 pounds left to get to goal. Friend me if you want and good luck on your new life style. This is so worth it!
  • irishdoc71
    irishdoc71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to this as well. Got the sleeve on 9/9. My name is Heidi. How have you been feeling?
  • irishdoc71
    irishdoc71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My name is Heidi and if you don't mind I would like to friend you too. I just got sleeved on 9/9 of this year and making some changes. I would love to talk to someone who is doing well and has been doing this.

Keep up the good work.
  • suzee279
    Options
    Hi Tanya!!

How are you doing with your new sleeve?

I was sleeved 9 months ago and am thrilled with my progress. Still have about 40 lbs to lose,

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!!

Suz
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I was sleeved in June 2012 and it is probably the best thing I have done in the last decade!!! I have lost 150lbs and only want to lose another couple to get out of the obese bmi category. Life is not easy with a sleeve temptation is still there but life is so good it is easier to ignore it. I spent 35 minutes jogging this morning which is something I never could have done at over 300lbs. When it gets tough get an old photo out and remember. I find this really helps.
  • janisbirch
    janisbirch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello to all that are messaging on this post:)

First, welcome to this group Tanya and Heidi! I'm glad to find others that are on this WLS journey that have also had the Gastric Sleeve. I got mine at the end of July, and I must say that I haven't had much problem other than right after the surgery.

What an inspiration Suzee, JennieLou, and PaWoodhull are! I can only hope to emulate the 3 of you.

I, too, am looking for others that have had success with the Gastric Sleeve. I so much desire to be successful with this, and I'm 95% positive I can be. Still, it's great to have positive people to support you, especially those in the same situation.

Please feel free to add me to your friend list. I wish all of you ladies the best of health and weight loss! Janis
  • alchaley
    Options
    Hi Ya'll. I'm Autumn and I was sleeved on 9/3/13. I love my sleeve and am looking forward to my next mini-goal! Most recently, I lost the title of highest weight in my house to my oldest son and my hubby! Pretty soon, I'll be the smallest of the 5 of us. (I have three teenagers) I attend a local weight loss surgery support group meeting twice a month but can use all the support I can get. To date I've lost about 56 pounds and I'd like to lose about 70 more pounds. My food journal is open to my friends. I think it helps us to see what eachother is eating/drinking and it helps me be accountable for everything I eat each day. I'd love to have more friends too! Good luck to all of you in your journey.
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Gerri. I was sleeved on 10/30/13. I lost 14.5 lbs the first week and am so excited. I have energy and am taking advantage of it. The say it takes 28 days to build a habit, my goal is to build a habit of exercise. I have always said I hate to exercise and I hate to sweat. I know that is bad mind talk so I am trying to say how much I like the way I feel after a walk or the gym so I can start to turn around that negative thought. Funny story, I decide to go to the gym and realized I own no workout clothes, lol. My nephew who's 14 was over and I told him this he just laugh and said we'll let get you some. My response was where do I get them, lol. I really was lost where to go I what I needed. I'm now the proud owner of 3 pairs of exercise pants a 5 t-shirts. Think I'm ready to roll.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Excercise is sooooooo important. I only go to the gym once a week but I walk 5-7 miles every day. I wear a fitbit and try to get 15,000 steps. It has become a habit to walk the last part of my journey to work instead of getting the bus and walking to the station at the end of the day. Its the little things that make the difference and what becomes part of your new life.