Progesterone

Options
Now I am sure you ladies are no stranger to progesterone. I however, am still fairly new with it. Although this isn't my first treatment with progesterone to get me back to cycling, I can't quite recall how quickly it worked with my first treatment and I have taken the advised dosage. (I was told only to take one pill a day for 10 days for the next 3 months) So now I'm done, but, still haven't started and I guess I'm just curious if there's is a wait time for it to kick in? Or if maybe I should be a little concerned? I don't know, what you do think? What have your experiences been?

Replies

• mmstone13
    mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am curious as well. I have taken it 5 times in the past, and like clockwork, AF will show up 2 days after the last pill. Well, I just finished my last pill 3 days ago, and nothing at all this time, so I don't know what is going on. The Drs. will say 5-10 days after. So I guess we just wait longer.
  • amadden2012
    amadden2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I took my last pill last night, so I suppose I'm in no rush, just curious more or less since my Doctor made it sound like I would start cycling again while I was taking the pills. But I could be wrong! And that's perfectly fine with me, I am just curious as to when I should expect the inevitable.
  • missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    Options
    As soon as I took the pill by day 5 I got AF, I called the doctor and she said to stop it. I haven't ever taken it and it not work while using it. My friend used it and got it about two weeks later.

I recently started to use the cream this last cycle and it got me started as well...I am doing Vitex, Metformin, progesterone cream, and evening promise oil. I have done tons of research and women that use the pill dont get the dose they should, its not as fast acting and have way more side effects than the cream. So I started the cream and have had great results.

I hope the pill has great results for you.
  • thayne8681
    Options
    MIne took 2 weeks sometimes to start, but my dr said that was normal. It's been a while since i was on it, but it did seem like i was always waiting about that long. Don't worry, it will come.
  • TheAmyHead
    TheAmyHead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It all depends. My initial dosage was to take 1 pill per night (can't remember the exact measurement) for ten days. When I did that, nothing happened. Granted that was before I started to lose weight. Now, my dosage is 2 pills per night for ten days but when I do that, I have an awful week starting the third day of pills. So I went back to only taking 1 pill each night and it works perfectly for me.