Ultra sounds

Options

Replies

• Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My MW doesn't do first trimester u/s routinely so I won't have one until 20wks. She gave me the option of having one if I felt that I needed one, but I don't know if my health insurance would have covered it fully and if anything was to happen, I'd rather it just happen and not worry when it would since they wouldn't be able to do anything anyway. She does not do the genetic testing either unless asked. I didn't have it done with our first so I didn't bother asking about this one. I have my 12w appt Tuesday and we should be able to hear the heartbeat. Can't wait!!!!
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just had another done a few days ago at the ER, for a scare! But baby is good and is looking like a little human (sort of) :wink:
    Baby looks so happy in there, dangling its feet and enjoying its existence.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had mine 10-18-13, the nurse at earlier apts kept insisting I was 7 weeks on oct 1st, but I knew I wasnt. At the ultrasound she determined I was6w 5d, (which was 5 days earlier than what I thought! So it would have been near impossible to get pregnant the time that I did!) But we are very happy. The baby looks great my next apt is Nov 11th :)
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I had my first one at 6 weeks partly because we did ICSI and they wanted to confirm the pregnancy. :flowerforyou:
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i am bursting on the inside right now!!!!!!!!!!! such a wonderful experience!!!!! we got to hear the heart beating as well. *sigh* i'm in love!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had my first ultrasound 10/10. I had no period inbetween my two (my daughter was born Jan 1st and I bf so got lucky). I tested positive for pregnancy on 9/2, so I figured I'd be 8+6 or more, they dated me 8+4 (no way a test would have shown positive that early though). But I'll take it. I go late with babies anyway, so my official due date from my doc is 5/18. I'm hoping the baby will come early enough that I'll be home before my birthday 5/31 - it's my 30th and I don't want to be in the hospital!

We decided to do an NT scan this time next week - 11/4 since my hospital does it now and my insurance is covering it. Then my 20 week ultrasound will be 19+5 on Dec 27th.

This ultrasound would have been better had my daughter not screamed through the entire thing! LOL. She had juts gotten her flu shot was not too happy that mommy couldn't hold her! It was a vaginal and my dad asked if he could be in the room (the last 2 I didn't let him as vaginal, but he asked, so I was like, eh, ok....). So it was my husband, mom, dad, son and daughter. This is the last one, so why not have almost everyone in there with my legs up?
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Options
    My MW doesn't do first trimester u/s routinely so I won't have one until 20wks. She gave me the option of having one if I felt that I needed one, but I don't know if my health insurance would have covered it fully and if anything was to happen, I'd rather it just happen and not worry when it would since they wouldn't be able to do anything anyway. She does not do the genetic testing either unless asked. I didn't have it done with our first so I didn't bother asking about this one. I have my 12w appt Tuesday and we should be able to hear the heartbeat. Can't wait!!!!

My MW wasn't able to get a heartbeat, so I have an u/s on Monday morning. She's not concerned since I've had morning sickness all day for 6 weeks now and no bleeding. I also lost a pound since my last visit. I am 12w exactly today. She said if I have a tilted fervid it could take longer to hear externally.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Eeep!!! I'm so excited I'm just a few hours away from going to do genetic testing and an ultrasound! I'm not so excited about the testing. I hope it's not a bad experience....but I am really looking forward to seeing our little pumpkin!!!!!
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Options
    Eeep!!! I'm so excited I'm just a few hours away from going to do genetic testing and an ultrasound! I'm not so excited about the testing. I hope it's not a bad experience....but I am really looking forward to seeing our little pumpkin!!!!!

I've never had the genetic testing, but from what I've read, it's just a blood draw and a standard u/s. I hope you have a wonderful experience!!!
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I've never had the genetic testing, but from what I've read, it's just a blood draw and a standard u/s. I hope you have a wonderful experience!!!

When I had it done with my first it was exactly that ^^^^^ blood test, urine test and ultrasound. I am having mine next week :):) Enjoy!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm having the blood tests and ultrasound with this one too. My hospital didn't offer it with my first two, now they do. So I had nothing but everything to worry about before. Now they'll tell me specific things to worry about. I'm nervous about results (kind of, I don't have any reason to think there will be a problem) but really I just wanted another reason to see baby. So I'm excited Monday is my ultrasound and first bloods. Best of luck with yours!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    OMG it was an amazing experience!!! :love: The blood test wasn't so bad and I got see my little pumpkin squirm and stand up in my belly. We even got to see him/her trying to place their hand by their mouth...learning how to thumb suck. WOW. I can't believe this is all happening inside my body. We are truly lucky to be able to have this experience.

Thanks for all the kind messages and encouragement. It wasn't bad at all. :smile:
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had my 3rd ultrasound last week ( bc of past m/c's my doctor wanted to check often and yuppiieee all is welll. Im so relieved and baby grew so much in 3 weeks he was so babylike and moving around. And the heartbeat just always amazes me
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I had more first one on October 25th at 11 weeks 4 days (thought I was 12+2 but I was wrong in my calculations!). I have pictures from the ultrasound and it was super exciting and strange to see baby up on the screen! I have my anatomy scan December 23rd at 20 weeks.

I'm 24 so testing for downs was optional for me but I opted to test for it so I had a blood draw with my ultrasound, nothing major, just one vial and the nurse did it right in the waiting area of the ultrasound office.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've got to hear the heartbeat twice now, once at 11.5 weeks and once at 15.5 weeks. I will be having my first (and probably only) u/s in a couple weeks. :)
  • superhelga
    Options
    I had my first last week. It looks like we are having a little girl, like everyone else in our neighborhood:)
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I had my first last week. It looks like we are having a little girl, like everyone else in our neighborhood:)

Congrats! So exciting!! Did you already have your 20 week ultrasound or was the baby just positioned correctly that they could tell this early?
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Had an appointment today for the 13 week check up, but won't have another ultrasound until 18 weeks (that's right, Christmas Eve!!!). Such a long time to wait to find out the gender!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am 10.5 weeks now. Still haven't heard the heartbeat, won't until mid December :(
    Probably get an ultrasound in February.
  • superhelga
    Options

Congrats! So exciting!! Did you already have your 20 week ultrasound or was the baby just positioned correctly that they could tell this early?

We had an early ultrasound (down syndrome screening) The lady asked if we wanted to know the gender. Quite a surprise. Apparently even tough the genitalia are very similar an penis looking at what was then 13 weeks, they can tell from the angle. But its not 100% certain. Bizarre and magic to see that little person bouncing around in there:)