Purple Team-Week 2

Options
mmommaj
mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
For some reason my dvr didn't record this week so I have not watched yet. Share your responses to challenges here. I will copy and paste info from main thread tomorrow. Mell

Replies

• mmommaj
    Options
    Challenge 1:
    Dice workout
    Grab a die and roll it, whatever number comes up, do that activity. You need to do this 6 times for a total of 6 activities. You can do them all in a row, or split it up by days. Make sure to warm up before and stretch after. This is to be done IN ADDITION to any other workouts you do, so if you normally do 100 crunches a day and roll a 4, you have to do 30 extra. You can do either of these routines and modifications are acceptable (ie girl pushups instead of regular), but try to push yourself! To get a complete you must do 6 rolls of the dice, and complete all 6 exercises fully. That means if you only were able to do 10 pushups and had to do 20, you would only get Attempt for the challenge. So give yourself enough time so that if something like that happens you have a chance to take a break and try it again later to finish all the exercises. If you have an injury that absolutely prevents you from doing something listed here, discuss with your coach what a suitable substitution would be. Try to make it work the same muscle group if possible. This theoretically could all be done in 15 minutes, but like I said can be split up as well

bodyweight only routine:
    1. Push Ups x 20 reps
    2. Dips x 20 reps
    3. Wall sits – 30 seconds
    4. crunches x 30 reps
    5. Squats x 30 reps
    6. Alternating Lunges x 20 reps

Weights included/advanced routine:
    1. Push Ups x 20 reps
    2. Dips x 20 reps
    3. Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds
    4. Plank for 30 seconds
    5. Squats with shoulder press x 30 reps
    6. Alternating Lunges with bicep curl x 20 reps each side

Challenge 2:
    Body weight water challenge
    Take your current weight, divide by 2 and drink that much water a day. If you are over 200, you can divide by 3.

Seem like a lot? Its not If you weighed 200 lbs and wanted to drink 100 oz a day (which is more than most of you would have to go for), it still only works out to about 6 oz an hour. Don’t try to drink it all at once of course as that can have negative effects, but if you space it out throughout the day youll be good! Water helps keep you hydrated (duh) but also helps with maintaining a fluid balance in your body, control calories, prevent muscle fatigue and more. It may be hard to do, especially if you are a person who doesn’t drink much water now. My favorite thing to do? When im at work I set a timer to go off every ten minutes and drink (at least) an ounce of water then). 8 hours of work x 6 oz an hour = 48 ounces. Some of you may already do this and that’s fantastic, others like I said will struggle with it, but should definitely make an effort. Increased water consumption is one of the most recommended things for health and weight loss.

You only HAVE to do this for one day, but if you do it for more youll start to see some benefits and it will become a good habit to have. Yes youll likely have to get up to pee a lot, but that also subsides after a few days of consistency

Reporting:
    Nothing needs to be reported in this thread unless youd like to discuss the challenges and keep each other motivated. I would like you to post in your team threads the amount of water you need to drink and how the physical challenge is going as well. People that are active in the message boards always seem to get the challenges done and see results! What you definitely need to report this week is of course your weight, and participation for each challenges. If you post in your thread it should look something like this

“weight: 150, physical challenge Attempted (only did 5 die rolls), water challenge Complete (one day of 75 oz)”
    If your team reports directly to a spreadsheet, just put A,C in the challenge box (or whatever your letters would be) , but it would be nice to put it in your thread too for you coach teammates to see! Let us and your team members know how the physical challenge is going and try to motivate each other and help each other to get the water intake in and to push through difficulties to get the physical challenge done.

Good luck this week!

*******Recap******
    1) If you missed weigh in please PM me ASAP to avoid penalties and possible removal next week
    2) Challenge 1: Dice challenge using either body weight only or an advanced/weights included challenge. Must complete a total of 6 die rolls and complete the associated activies for a “Complete”. Can be done all at once or broken up to several days
    3) Challenge 2: Water challenge – drink half your body weight in water (oz) If you are over 200 lbs you can divide by three. Drink this amount for one day to earn a Complete.

Just a reminder to post here and on the main thread in order to get credit. All you have to do is copy and paste. :)
  • mmommaj
    Options
    Good morning, Purple team. I hope everyone is having a great day so far. :)
    For my Physical challenge...I rolled:
    6=alternating lunges x 20
    2=dips x 20
    5=squats x 30
    6=alternating lunges x 20
    5=squats x 30
    4=crunches x 30
    (not looking forward to the crunches...ouch) :)

For my water intake, half of my body weight is 99.75 (so 100 oz.) I will attempt this...(but I wonder if I could divide by 3 since I am only 1/2 a pound from 200...???) ;) I need my water so I am going to shoot for 100. :)

Personal goals for the week: If I bite it, write it. (write intake down). Drink more water. Up my exercise.
    I already walk between 12000 and 14000 steps at work, but other than that I don't exercise...I want to change this.

Mell
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options

4. Plank for 30 seconds
    1. Push Ups x 20 reps
    4. Plank for 30 seconds

Water intake: 1/2 of body weight is 73 so I will drink 74 oz! I will do this workout tonight!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I need to drink 75 oz of water - came close yesterday and might have actually made it but not sure, so will be trying again today. Not sure whjen I'll get my workojut in, maybe after work today but i defintieyl will!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    ugh i have to drink 96.5 ozs of water, so i guess i'll round up to 97, i'm going to drowned lol. my workout is going to have to wait until saturday unfortunately, my mom is in the hospital so i have been traveling an hour away and today the one day i'm home before 8 pm, i just thought i would check in and head to bed.
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I rolled the virtual dice, and here's my list:

3. Wall sits - 30 seconds
    1. Push-ups x 20
    4. Crunches x 30
    5. Squats x 30
    1. Push-ups x 20
    4. Crunches x 30

No dips - yay!

Happy drinking everybody!! :drinker:
  • mmommaj
    Options
    100 oz or 12.5 cups down the hatch..I didn't think I would get it done...but I did, yeah.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I didn't get my workout done but for sure will get it done first thing in the morning!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options

4. Plank for 30 seconds
    1. Push Ups x 20 reps
    4. Plank for 30 seconds

Water intake: 1/2 of body weight is 73 so I will drink 74 oz! I will do this workout tonight!

Done, yay for me! :bigsmile:
  • mmommaj
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your challenge. Woohoo

I am going to make a slight change...I would like your weights to me by Monday night so I can get them in early. Remember we get more points if the whole team participates and gets weights in early...
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ok, so i completely forgot about this until this morning (saturday). i was traveling wednesday before it was posted & didn't have computer access & just got back yesterday (friday). and got on my computer for the first time this morning to read this challenge.

virtually rolling the dice, i got: 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 1 (which doesn't seem all that random to me... and it's what i got so it's what i'll do).

1. Push Ups x 20 reps (2 times)
    3. Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds (3 times)
    4. Plank for 30 seconds (1 time)

i'll do these today or tomorrow or a combination of the two. & i'll repost when it's done.

water: half my body weight in water is 79.5 ounces so rounding up to 80 ounces. i drink that amount almost every day so i've definitely completed that one this week.

hope everyone has had a good week.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your challenge. Woohoo

I am going to make a slight change...I would like your weights to me by Monday night so I can get them in early. Remember we get more points if the whole team participates and gets weights in early...

That's cool I will make sure I post my weight Mon morning and message it to you also! Just another week left than things will slow down at work, yay!
  • ljdanny
    Options
    my weight is 194 only down a couple of ounces but i'll take it seeing i've only been able to walk around a hospital.

water i am trying i have to drink 97 ounces came close a few times.

for numbers i did the random roll which it kept repeating it's numbers, i rolled a 5,3,3,2,3,2

i will accomplish the workout tomorrow and check back in when done.
  • katonaroof
    Options

virtually rolling the dice, i got: 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 1 (which doesn't seem all that random to me... and it's what i got so it's what i'll do).

1. Push Ups x 20 reps (2 times)
    3. Wall sits with arms outstretched – 30 seconds (3 times)
    4. Plank for 30 seconds (1 time)

finished the physical challenge - wasn't as bad as i thought which is surprisingly good! :bigsmile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Weight 144 plus finished BOTH challenges!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I havent completed either challegne yet, Im a slacker! I will today though definitely.

My weight is 149.8 as of this morning. Its down from last week, but up from friday - oh well
  • torreyking75
    Options
    Wall sits - 90 seconds
    Push-ups x 50
    Crunches x 90
    Squats x 90
    Push-ups x 50
    Crunches x 90
  • katonaroof
    Options
    my weight is 153 & i completed both challenges this week, too. i'm having a lovely day today - what a way to start!!!!!
  • ljdanny
    Options
    completed both challenges, water logged now.
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I completed both challenges.

Water was easy!!!

Lost weight... Yea!!!! 223.4