What are your exercise plans post-baby?

Options
awolf2011
awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
I plan on starting out with walking 20 min/day and then gradually work up to doing some yoga and then back into cardio. I need to make sure that everything is ok with my Midwife first before I start the cardio. I plan on pumping, so I'll need to make sure to eat the calories I need, but my eating habits are going to get back to where they were before pregnancy. I'm soooo ready to eat healthier and get back to working out!!! What are your plans post-baby??

Replies

• momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    walking and some pelvic tilts and kegels. Then once my midwife clears me for exercise I have a postpartum workout DVD from Joy southworth. I am doing her prenatal workouts from her Body by Trimester DVD and i am loving it, so i bought the postpartum DVD as well. Then maybe after a few weeks i will go back to The 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Pretty similar - I intend to give myself 6 to 8 weeks break to recover and get bf established. Then, in the New Year, I intend to get back to walking lots and doing my Zumba dvd twice a week, which I've sooooo missed. Maybe add back in swimming a bit further down the line when baby can be left a bit longer.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Walking till I'm cleared and then it will be all about lifting heavy....I am seriously missing lifting.
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start out with walking/elliptical (I like the less impact of the elliptical) and then moving back into my Jillian Michaels routine with Body revolution when I am cleared :) I had 40lbs to lose before I got pregnant and would like to get back on that. I plan to breastfeed as well and hoping that goes well. With my first it didn't work out very well due to him having a cleft lip. So that will play a factor as well.
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was in the process of losing a TON of weight pre pregnancy, so I definitely plan on walking post baby, then once I am cleared by my doctor to resume regular exercise, I am definitely getting back into my main routine of P90X, Insanity, Jillian Michaels' workouts, and running!
  • yummymummy52
    yummymummy52 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Walking as much as possible once baby arrives then after my 6 week check hopefully will add in some swimming/Aqua classes and build back up to my Zumba class two times a week and possibly some gym sessions.

Really looking forward to getting back into exercise and working at getting the baby weight off and my body back.
  • aylawill
    Options
    I do Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project (just started last week though at 30 weeks) right now, but post-baby I plan on walking until I'm cleared for heavier exercise. I'll probably start with Jillian MIchaels and then go on to P90x.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It sounds like our plans are very similar post baby. I've never ever said in my life that I can't wait to exercise again but I'm saying it now. I've had to pretty much stop all together including the 20 min walks I was taking everyday because my back has been so sore and I have some swelling :-( but I'm gonna be back at it when I can. I'm glad I have a treadmill and elliptical at my house since the weather is turning here in Wisconsin.
  • bdaves
    bdaves Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Walking until I'm cleared, then back to running. Before BFP, I was registered for a marathon in Jan 2014 so I'm now deferred in that until 2015. So I'll be starting to train for that slowly.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I hope to start walking as soon as I am able to (I will be having a C-Section)... Hopefully within the 1st week or 2.. even if just for short periods of time.. then gradually work my way back up to starting C25K.... and then on to heavy lifting! :)