Fog Moon Festivities

Options
chopzgurl05
chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
Hail! What is everyone's plans for Fog Moon?

Are you going to keep focusing on your food and exercise routine/plans or are you going to relax and enjoy the festivities, whatever they may bring?

I eat a primal diet so I always try to have dishes to share that go along with that. This coming weekend we will be smoking a brisket and I will be preparing some hearty vegetable side dishes to go along with whatever else will be at the potluck. Although, I always take a small taste of what others have brought to share and I always partake in some drink (just not TOO much) :)

What about you all?

Replies

• CharbyOttawa
    CharbyOttawa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We are meeting a group of fellow Heathens on the weekend of November 9th, for the Third Annual Not-So-Great-Pumpkin-Smash. A day of swordplay, archery, incredible amounts of laughter, way more food than I can keep track of, and lots to drink. Possibly followed up by a private blot. I will try to behave with my food intake, but it will be difficult, especially when I'm going to be surrounded by burly bearded men who love to eat.

I think I will pack a dish I can eat, and a potcluck dish for everyone else to share. If I bring a salad for the guys, they'll use me as an archery target. :)
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Very cool! That sounds like a great time! Our Kindred is still in it's early stages but I would love to see those type of activities at our events, eventually!
    Our Kindred members are all stationed in Hawaii right now so we will be doing a nice blot on the beach at sunset then meeting up at our house afterwards.
    It's the beginning of delicious baked goods season so I am going to have to pace myself on that stuff!
    And, I understand about the healthy veggies dishes! I usually try to incorporate bacon in mine or potatoes! Haha :D
  • CharbyOttawa
    CharbyOttawa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well, hubby and I have decided that we're not bringing alcohol to the gathering. I volunteered to be the designated driver, but he insisted that having alcohol would raise our calorie count through the roof. We may have a beer if offered, but otherwise we're having diet drinks and tea. Our Heathen friends will look at us funny, but I don't care.

I've decided to make a batch of homemade pretzels and some sort of dip for sharing, and will pack a roasted root veggie dish for me and my hubby.