MOTIVATION -- what works for you?

Options
I just found this comment while cruising through MFP..

QUOTE:
What initially requires motivation quickly becomes ingrained habit and routine. Someone asking me how I stay motivated to get my nutrition and fitness on might as well be asking me how I stay motivated to brush my teeth every morning and every night before bed....I just do.

I found this to be Deep and Profound. Fitness is something we have to agree with, to believe in at some deep level. We ought to believe that it is the right thing we want to do for our bodies, as basic and regular as brushing our teeth. Why do we brush our teeth?? It was a habit and ingrained routine that we now believe benefits us.

Our bodies deserve the same amount of commitment and investment. What do you think?

Replies

• brandilynb
    brandilynb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW... thats profound. Several years ago I was in the gym everyday! Ive since had my 4th son and become a band and football mom...I have used those excuses way too long! I just have to do it.... and this is so fitting to a lot of us. I have let life get in the way of living and I am now committed to making a change of lifestyle and making fitness part of it!!
  • annettevann
    Options
    Whew hew ! :)
  • TLCPharmD
    TLCPharmD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love how I feel when I exercise on a regular basis. It keeps me wanting more. Unfortunately I am a full time working mom so I don't have as much time as I would like but I fit it in as much as possible even if it's only 20 minutes.
  • fishing88
    Options
    What a great quote, and true. I need working out to be the same as taking a shower, getting dressed and brushing my teeth.