Week #1 Chatter

Options
KateK8LoseW8
KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
This group isn't very alive, so I thought I'd make a weekly thread where we can talk about what we're doing to achieve our goals, and celebrate any victories along the way.

This morning I finally got back to the weight I was last week on my birthday. I retained a TON of water from what I ate that day and it took me 7 days to get rid of it! Hopefully now I'll start losing again. :) I've been keeping up with Insanity, and doing a few P90X workouts along with it out of excitement. Tomorrow I start my last week of Insanity and then it's on to P90X Doubles!

What have you guys been up to?

Replies

• absmith_
    absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    7 days isn't that long so that's great that it finally came off!! Just started my first day of insanity all over again. Doing 2 rounds back to back and I'm actually looking forward to the "break" of month 1!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Doubles of this, and Doubles of that..
    the two of you are just CRAZY!!!!!!
  • eSUNt
    eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello hello! Happy Monday! Monday always marks the start of a new week for me. Back to eating clean and no serious cheats. I allow myself a cheat on Saturday and a cheat on Sunday. I keep Monday to Friday pretty clean and at or below my calorie goal. With that I do Insanity - can't believe I only have 3 more weeks left and I'm done. This formula has allowed me to lose an average of 1 pound per week.

Kate - glad to hear the water weight came off!
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Had a good weekend despite a brunch at my husband's Grandmother's with the full southern fare.
    Picked up some diet friendly food at the store (fruits, veggies, low cal meal options.) so hope I can stay on the right track this week and have a loss to post Thursday!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've been busy at work (and by that I mean I have a lot of work to do and I procrastinate till 4 am, without actually getting anything done) so snacking is definitely an issue... It's cold and I want my milky sugary caffeinated goodness! I'm a sad bunny....
    And I've been "plateau-ing" for so long I almost lost hope... But I know it'll eventually drop.... hopefully... soon....

There, rant over:)

Oh, and 4 days of Insanity left! YAY!

And... a question: Do we do weekly updates, or any other sort of public shaming? :) Or simply stick around and chatter for a month? :D
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If you have been plateauing you may want to try the following
    : change your work out.
    Eat differently -- Eat more carbs then normally.
    -- Eat less carbs.
    -- Eat less calories, until you see the scale start to move.
    -- Carb cycle, On MWF - Eat High number of carbs, TTSS eat much much less carbs. on TTSS work out when your
    eating less carbs.

See if that helps.
  • absmith_
    Options
    I think we should do weekly weigh ins! and chatter it up :)
  • absmith_
    Options
    2 days until our weigh in!!!!!
  • eSUNt
    eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My weekly weight in is on Fridays so I will post it then! Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I had a semi "melt down" yesterday. I have a bad habit of comparing myself to others. I get very frustrated when I feel like my progress is not up to par. I will look at Insanity Results pics and think "hey I don't have that much change after month 1...." Its a very destructive way of thinking. I'm better today. But I go through these weird cycles of feeling awesome and great and then something will set me off. I just have to remember slow progress is still progress and to keep at it. I love MFP and all of the support/motivation on here. Thanks for letting me rant!
  • absmith_
    Options
    Oh that's normal!! I feel the same way, almost every month I want to throw in the towel because of TOM and his ability to make me gain weight around that time. It makes me want to just throw everything and eat anything because i "gained anyways"

Progress is progress!!! You're doing great :)
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    3 days ago I was supposed to take my progress pics, but I keep postponing them. I am so frustrated with myself for that, but I keep finding excuses - like having a "food baby" or generally a bad day etc, as if that made any difference on the size of my butt. Oh well...