Any active Lindora members out there?

Options
lilpriz
lilpriz Posts: 3 Member
I've been using the Lindora method for over a year. My first year I lost 50 lbs. I've gained 10 back and working on losing them as well as 15 more. Trying to get my BMI to a healthly mark! Would like to hear from others doing Lindora...

Replies

• Hi,
    I start Monday. I just had my blood work done. I bought a groupon. They are very nice people in the Torrance location.
    I have 17 pounds to lose. I am doing the 10 week plan. I saw so many success stories on their bulletin board. There was an elderly gentleman who lost 101 pounds. I turn around to comment to the receptionist, when he had just walked in! I was very happy for him. It took him a year.

Well wishes!

Hippo (not a mean word towards myself. I just love hippos.)
  • Rusteee
    Rusteee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, there!

I will be starting Lindora this Monday. How are the two of you doing so far? My hope was to use Lindora to get past a current plateau, then try to go back to Zone eating, which has worked for me in the past.

I have to admit, I'm a little overwhelmed at the prospect of this program. I'm short on time these days, with two young kids. This seems like it will require a lot of menu planning. That said, I saw my SiL lose about 25lbs on the 6-week program (she had a lot to lose, as do I). Also, since I paid a bunch of money, I'm committed to seeing it through. Thanksgiving will be a challenge, but I'm hoping that by then I'll have lost enough weight to be encouraged to push through it.
  • Lunasash
    Lunasash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. I am starting Lindora on Thursday. I don't go to the clinics, I use the book and follow it on my own. I had lost weight before and kept it off for 4 years (until I met my fiance....) I always found the program easy once you find what you like. I work 12 hour shifts so I make sure I bring extra snacks. The pre-packaged cheese snacks are usually 3/4 oz and one serving of cheese on Lindora is 2oz.. meaning you can have 2 cheese snacks for one serving.

The biggest thing with Lindora is that it is a lifestyle change.... it doesn't happen overnight. If you have a large craving for something and their craving buster exercises (mental exercises) don't work,... have a SMALL portion of that something and eat a protein dinner that night. Don't deprive yourself or it won't work.
  • Rusteee
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! It's nice to hear from other folks who have done this. I have to admit, I'm dreading my protein days, which start tomorrow.
  • Earthshine
    Earthshine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My husband and I started last Wednesday 10/23 as the first protein day. As of today he's already down 10 lbs. and I'm down 4 lbs. Not bad for a week. I do like the Lindora program. We only go in twice a week, not every day. We do the readings together at night and prepare our food at night for the next day. So far so good.
  • Lunasash
    Options
    HI everyone, My protein days will start tomorrow. We had to plan around my work and school schedule. My fiance won't do the program with me completely but he will start eating healthier.

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well right now! Let's keep in touch. :)
  • Lunasash
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! It's nice to hear from other folks who have done this. I have to admit, I'm dreading my protein days, which start tomorrow.

The protein days are not too bad once you find the things you like. I love steak so that is my day to have some steak, for snacks I have yogurt, breakfast is milk or a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks. :)
  • Rusteee
    Options
    Great idea, re: the skinny vanilla latte! I'm almost through Protein Day 2. Because I'm relying on both home prepared food and other non-Lindora proteins (egg, chicken breast, cottage cheese, etc), I've hit really low carb totals. Hoping this leads to ketosis quickly so I don't have to do a 4th protein day (not that the protein days are a huge deal, but I do like fruit and veggies here and there.

Interestingly, it looks like the regular weight loss days have a menu very close to the Zone (although the Zone is a little higher in fat).

Anyway, continued good thoughts as we head through Halloween! Time for me to be very vigilant about not popping a mini Snickers into my mouth :)
  • Lunasash
    Options
    Rustee,

Just remember when doing this program: Your brain only runs on carbohydrates, so don't go below 50 in any day. Have milk if you aren't feeling good. Also, even if you are not in ketosis, only do 3 protein days. Read Day 1 page 45 the last paragraph (if you have the book). It talks about moving on to the meal plan even if you are not in ketosis.

Also, try to get in a lot of walking, even if you aren't "exercising" every step helps, usually around 8 to 10k a day will keep you in ketosis!
  • Rusteee
    Options
    Great tips...thanks!

Yeah, one of the nurses (not sure if she was actually a nurse) at one of my check-ins last week was talking about me staying under 50g's of carbs per day (not sure why she was trippin'...I'd lost weight..my ketostick just was white b/c I'd had cheerios at breakfast). I kind of protested that it wasn't what the book or the sheets they gave me said that some members did nothing but drank the 1 Gram Carb drinks all day. I countered that that didn't sound very healthy and she said, "Well, if you just have the book it might be, but you're medically supervised here" 0_o Yeah, I know enough science to know that isn't a good idea, supervised or not....